Seriously swollen

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kit.kat.81

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Mommy to Be
So yesterday my feet ballooned, kept them up all night and day and they are still the same. Walking hurts, I'm very uncomfortable, and I have no idea what to do. I had them soaking for awhile now I put them up again. I drink at least 64oz of water a day an milk and juice on top of that and I was just at the doctors Tuesday and he told me that my blood pressure was fine. Actually it was one of the reasons he said he won't put me out on medical leave yet, I am very thankful I took my vacation this week but should I call my doctor? I don't know what I should do I don't want to sound whiney and overly ridiculous but I am soooo uncomfortable =( my hands fall asleep randomly, my nipples are now leaking (tmi) and now I have fat feet ....

Last edited by Disruptivebubbles; April 28th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
April 28th, 2013, 05:38 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had some major swelling this past week too. My BP has also been fine. My doc didn't seem too concerned about it, although I agree it is super uncomfortable. I'm almost to the point where I have to buy bigger shoes.

April 28th, 2013, 05:41 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Can you have your SO/partner massage them gently? I find that when DF rubs my feet (in a gentle upward motion, to move fluid out of the area) it helps the swelling. Some lotion, and some massage, and they tend to go down some.

Hope you get some relief soon. This is all getting very uncomfortable, isn't it?
Disruptivebubbles likes this.

April 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Mommy to Be
I purchased sneakers a size too big in the beginning for work knowing they were going to swell, usually they'll swell some my socks will be indented in y ankles by the time I leave work but this past weekend I have been wearing flip flops and had hoped they wouldnt swell since they weren't confined to the socks and I wasn't on my feet all day, I sat with my feet up at a bowling tournament. I'm sure he'll rub them if I ask, I just hate being needy and relying on him for everything lol. I have so much to do and now it's like I feel like nothing is going to get accomplished

April 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the same problem with my first pregnancy. With DD my feet looked like water balloons and you could even poke a finger in the skin and leave an indentation from your finger and it'd stay there like a minute...it was gross. Seriously GO swimming. Get your butt in that deep end and just chill out along the edge and float and relax. It will work better than anything else.

April 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Mommy to Be
Go swimming??? Lol I live in new York it's too cold to go swimming or else I would definetly as long as I'm still allowed to lol

April 28th, 2013, 09:43 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No indoor pools?

April 28th, 2013, 09:49 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am swelling too... my BP has been fine also. My feet are so swollen it even hurts to wear flip flops. I have a meltdown last night and told DH I wasn't leaving the house and I was not wearing ANY shoes for the next 5 weeks

April 29th, 2013, 06:05 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I swelled pretty bad with my first and my blood pressure was fine. Keep drinking your water and try to keep your feet elevated as much as possible
April 29th, 2013, 09:30 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I just am starting to feel it in my hands when I wake up. I don't think my feet are bad yet. Who knows. I can't see them haha

April 29th, 2013, 10:05 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Tuesday was awhile ago. I'd have your bp rechecked, just in case.
Soak in as much water as you can and continue drinking tons. The best thing for water retention, is more water. I'm really starting to swell too but I'm checking my bp twice a day so unfortunately, it's just normal pregnancy stuff.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search