Sibling gifts

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By zombiemommy
  • 1 Post By LisaS
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 1 Post By SassySami

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 06:29 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know there have been a few threads on this topic over the last few months. I was wondering if anyone had made any decisions or bought anything yet and, if so, what.

I am hoping there isn't a problem with the order (I may find out tomorrow), but I ordered matching bracelets for DD and this baby with initials on the back of the charm: A&L, L&A (Anna & Lena for Anna's and Lena & Anna for Lena's). I am super excited that it will be something they can always have. If it turns out the order won't ship in time, I need other ideas!

April 28th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We decided to get DD a big sister gift. We're getting her an IPad mini, which we were going to buy for her bday but decided to get it a month early and give it to her for her sibling gift.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 28th, 2013, 07:39 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I haven't done anything in the past. Not sure if we will this time either.

April 28th, 2013, 09:23 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would like to but have no idea or clues on what to get DD. And DH thinks its pointless to give her a gift since she's spoiled and gets whatever she wants usually anyway. Lol that's soooo his fault.

April 29th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am thinking yet. I love the jewelry idea. I have two boys though. I want something other than a toy. I was something sentimental. Just want is boy and sentimental.
mommyandwife08 likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 05:39 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
We're going to get dd a new bedding set, probably Hello Kitty, since it's her favorite. It's kind of a tradition. With both of my brothers births I was taken to the store to shop for a new bedding set. Something I want to continue.
MarylandMama likes this.
April 29th, 2013, 06:01 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We did something small for Lily. I think we got her a big girl fancy cup (it had glitter that swirled between the layers) and some sunglasses. She was 2 at the time so she was pretty excited. We put it in our hospital bag and gave it to her when she came to visit us in the hospital. We told her that her sister brought it with her when she was born. We may do something like a new book for Lily and some nail polish or lip gloss for Abri.
April 29th, 2013, 10:28 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did the "baby brought this for you" when Kiefer was born and will probably do the same this time. Jaleigh is obviously old enough to not believe that but he will play along for Kiefer's sake. I'm thinking something shark or car related for Kiefer and something Hello Kitty for Jaleigh.

April 29th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids think the baby IS a present.
edgeofelise likes this.
April 29th, 2013, 01:54 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I am thinking yet. I love the jewelry idea. I have two boys though. I want something other than a toy. I was something sentimental. Just want is boy and sentimental.
What about a box, either wood or metal, with all of the kids' names? They could each keep their own special things in it and it would last a lifetime. Things Remembered has boxes that could be engraved. For our 5th anniversary, I had a custom wooden box done or DH and that came out super awesome, too. That's my best boy idea.
Kim3 likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 02:50 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. Here is your gift...a sibling.

April 30th, 2013, 12:01 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Ummm yeah, no. The baby is the gift to all of us. I do not believe in turning something so special as a birth of a child, into giving presents.
TeresaV likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

April 30th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom is buying DD a gift (a dollhouse) and I got her a Big Sister shirt in her favorite colour (orange). But I feel like the gift my mom is getting her is more just a new thing to keep her occupied in the first couple of days. I think the jewelry idea is really cute though.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
April 30th, 2013, 07:32 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I like the jewelry idea too We won't be giving any presents I don't think. My kids will be 15 and 12.5 when the baby comes, so I think the excitement of having a new sister will be enough for them. They still want some attention, I am sure, but for the most part, they would rather have MORE time away from me, haha, so I don't think they will be too terribly jealous or feeling left out (I hope!)

April 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They might end up having the same birthday, so she'll be getting enough gifts right around then. I know DH's parents will spoil her rotten and we're getting her a bike, so she's set. I do plan on making her a Big Sister crown and giving it to her when she meets the baby, though.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 30th, 2013, 01:25 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am getting them both a babydoll to bring home so they have their own baby. That is all I had thought to do, though. The jewelry idea for little girls is cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search