How prepared are you at this time?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Rochelle
I know some of us could give birth any time now. Hopefully not until things are absolutely ideal though!! So, it got me to thinking. Even I who has always gone overdue with 3 babies could pull a 180 and give birth tomorrow, you just never know. I definitely don't mean to scare or stress anyone, so please don't!!!

I'm putting together this questionnaire to see where everyone is at in there prep. I won't re-ask about the "what do you still need to buy" topic since I know that was just asked the other day unless you want to add that in the last question.

What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along?

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies.

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here?

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet?

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order?

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed?

Are you still waiting on a baby shower?

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)?

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home?

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes?

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..?

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans?

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes?

Have you set up the pediatrician yet?

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place?

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives?

Anything else
April 28th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Rochelle
What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along? 6/18 and 32 weeks, 5 days

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies. Not at all. Ill have to kick the girls out of their room while in recovery from the c/s since that is the only bed I can get up and down from during that period. (I'll be bedsharing) They will have to sleep in other rooms since we don't have enough rooms for a nursery. I need to go through the girl's room and get it really in order and figure out a way to fit the changing table and get that set up.

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? No, we aren't going to be renovating anything for a couple of yrs yet

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet? No. I do have the ones from the past two births and will just edit and print

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down. Not really but mainly we will just contact the OB if I go into labor on my own, then my mom to let her know we're dropping off the kids and that's about it. Oh wow, I just thought about our chihuahua. I guess my parents will have to keep her as well.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? Uhmm no! But atleast I have a diaper bag this time

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed? Yes, my parents will for the first day and then DH will have to stay home with them until they release me and baby after about 72 hrs.

Are you still waiting on a baby shower? Not having one. Having a 'meet the baby' party in August instead.

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? Nope, putting this off even though I can easily do it online.

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home? In my head, I am but been to busy with other things right now. It's driving me crazy though! Our bdroom and walk-in closet are the #1 areas to be fixed

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? Not at all yet. But I spoke with my mom today about the idea of her helping me once June rolls around with stuff like the baseboards, kitchen and wiping down the walls and she agreed to help me and was even excited about it, LOL

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? Nope, haha. I can't even get my normal laundry caught up. It's pretty bad bc I have brand new cloth diapers to get prepped.

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? Decided against professional ones but I want to take some really nice ones in about a week when I'm 34 weeks before I gain too much more weight

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes? No, I need to remind him to speak with them JIC baby came early

Have you set up the pediatrician yet? Yes

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? Yes, we are firm on both gender names except the spelling of the girl's first name.

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives? Not yet

Anything else I'm going to have all my websites and passwords written down so I can use Mom's smartphone in the hospital to update you all, as well as update my registry for the correct gender and any other websites I may want to visit that I would need to log-in to.
April 28th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along? 6/8, 34 weeks, 1 day

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies.
His temporary space in our current apartment is ready for him. We just found the apartment we want to move into, and once we move there, he'll have his nursery! But until then, he's got his little space in the office for his pack and play, JIC he comes early

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? No renovation. We're moving though...a week before his EDD...

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet? DH and I have a firm idea of what we want. We're not printing anything up though. I've talked to my doctor, and one of the nurses at the hospital and they will listen to the mother, and they said there's no reason to have a printed up birth plan.

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down. I have programmed DH's classroom direct line into my phone, so I can call him and tell him it's time. We're planning to labor at home until my contractions are 10 min. apart and then drive the mile to the hospital. Texting people along the way

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? Working on packing my bag this week.

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed? N/A

Are you still waiting on a baby shower? Nope! Both my showers were done weeks ago

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? Not yet, also on my list of things to do this week...

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home? I'm going to have to PACK my home...ugh

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? This will probably happen when we have to pack up...

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? EVERYTHING is washed. I'm very OCD, and washed everything pretty much right after I got it.

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? We took our own maternity pics at around 30 weeks at the beach.

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes? DH has saved up some of his sick/personal days so he can be out. He just needs to arrange for a sub, JIC little boy comes early.

Have you set up the pediatrician yet? Also on my list of things to do this week...

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? YES!!! We've had our name set in stone since about 10 weeks LOL This is one thing we're prepared for!

In my head...

Anything else Just that I will have my laptop and/or iPod with me so I can come on here and let y'all know when Arthur comes. And OMG we're planning on moving a week before our EDD...we're crazy, we really are...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 28th, 2013, 08:39 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
June 22nd- 32 weeks 1 day.

Nursery is set up except for wall decals and Tristans name to be finished painted.

No renovations.

Yes I have a birth plan and will be discussing it with OB at next appt.

Yes we have a go-time plan and that pretty much involves calling my mom as she's going to come and watch DD at our home.

Yup its packed except for last minute things

Yep my mom is watching her at our home so no packing needed for DD.

No. I was hoping to get a shower but I would have had to plan it myself which defeats the purpose so I just told people if they wanna buy lil man something that's fine.

Per registration is done between 34-36 weeks with my hospital but I have it filled out just waiting to send it in.

No I'm not rearranging my home or anything really.

I am nesting and am cleaning as the mood strikes me a little at a time. Most of my home has already been deep cleaned thanks to my little bro helping me out.

I don't need to rewash much. Most clothes are brand new and I've never washed brand new clothing before its worn. I don't see a point. Its all hung up and put away already.

No maternity pics. I'm not huge into taking pics of myself. I have a few belly pics.

No work arrangements yet he's gonna be working a temp job while looking for something better to replace the job he just lost.

Lil mans pediatrician will be the same as DDs and she's awesome.

Yep. Lil mans name will be Tristan Kai.

The list will be my Mom and brothers and my dad. And I will post on Facebook when we get home. I will probably post here once I go into labor and keep ya all updated as well.

Anything else. I have to write up a list of DDs day to day schedule for my mom

April 28th, 2013, 08:40 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along? June 7; 34 weeks

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies. Yup. DH finished the crib last week. We'll see where he wants to sleep. I also have the p'n'p and a swing (still need to put that together but I'm purposely waiting so DD has less time to try and play in it) if he doesn't like the crib. We might even bedshare--whatever makes everybody happy!

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? No.

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet? Not yet. We are having our first appointment with the MW who will most likely be delivering Henry and I have lots of questions for her. If I don't like what I hear then I'll be pushing DH for a homebirth.

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down. Yes--DH's parents or little sister (whoever's available depending on time of day/day of the week) will come up and stay with DD. If things are happening really quickly and we feel the need to get to the hospital before they can get here (they live an hour away) then we have a neighbor who will come hang out until they arrive. I plan on laboring at home until it's seriously almost time to push and then we'll go to the hospital. It's only a 5 minute drive. That should give everybody plenty of time to get here, even if early labor strikes in the middle of the night.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? Partially. I don't have electronics, toiletries or my clothes in there yet because I'm still using all that stuff, but things like giant granny panties, lanolin, and baby's clothes are packed. I'll do the rest when I'm in early labor, and if I forget anything the hospital is so close that it's not a big deal. Last time I just sorta threw on a dress and some shoes and didn't have anything else with me. DH went home to get some rest and brought stuff for me later. It was fine.

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed? DH's parents/my neighbor. I don't want her routine disrupted tooooo much, so we're having people she knows come stay with her at our house. She doesn't sleep well anywhere but her own bed and her world will already be rocked enough.

Are you still waiting on a baby shower? No, I don't want one. We have more than enough stuff and I don't like big gatherings, especially if people are looking at me.

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? Not yet. When we meet with the new MW on the 6th we'll ask her how all that stuff works.

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home? Nope. Nothing beyond general cleaning. It's a heck of a lot more organized than when we had DD!

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? I have a list because I got really into it a few weeks ago, but I lost steam. I'll wait until the mood strikes but if it doesn't, that's okay too.

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? His diapers and clothes have been sorted, washed and put away for weeks now, lol. It's my favorite part.

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? I'm not doing fancy ones.

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes? I stopped working (hopefully for good!) last week and DH will get two weeks off when the baby comes.

Have you set up the pediatrician yet? We'll just use DD's ped. She's on maternity leave herself from July-Oct but she has back-ups. We don't add the baby until he's born. Our midwives take care of all the newborn exams until 6 weeks old.

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? Yup. Henry Wilder.

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives? Eh, just family and close friends. I don't care if everyone else just finds out through FB. We might keep it quiet for a couple days so we're not bombarded with visitors.

Anything else? We have to install the carseat but other than that, I'd be fine if I went into labor right now...except I'd like him to get to full term and all.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 28th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Due June 13, 33w3d

It's set up for the most part, still gotta get a crib mattress, paint and get a rug

I redid DS room a Mario bros theme and also did other little changes around the hiuse, Nothing too big.

So far my plan is to have a natural birth at a hospital. No plan needed, I'll go as it happens

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down.
-i will be waiting I too my contractions are very close together to go to the hospital. I like to just labor at home

-it's half way packed, still got some stuff I need to get.

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed?
-MIL will watch DS and I will pack his bag when labor first starts

-nope, had it 2 weeks ago

-no, been procrastinating lol

-yes, and still got some work left

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes?
-yes, been nesting for months lol. We're getting the carpets clean no later than next week. Been cleaning and doing projects around the house like crazy.

-not yet, will do it maybe this week or next week for sure

-no, I might but haven't made any plans.

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes?
-yes, he will be taking a week off work to help me with DS and babygirl

-yes, same as DS

-yes, have had it even before I knew it was a girl

-no, I'll just list it on fb or something lol

Anything else? Great questioner

April 28th, 2013, 09:18 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I am due June 9th, 34 weeks along today

Yep. I just gotta get some stuff put away and a little better organized but we are about there!

No, we live in an apartment

No, I don't plan on doing this though.

I actually was talking to DH about this earlier today, well trying anyway. Not really. Need to get working on that.

I have everything but my makeup, contacts and laptop because I use those everyday. But everything else (baby stuff and shower stuff, etc is in there)

Yes. My mom is taking them, but they won't be going over night so there isn't much to pack for them.

No baby showers this time around

C-section is scheduled. They will call me sometime that week to get me preregistered. So no.

Yes I am! Waiting on a new couch to come next weekend. And a mattress topper for the bed. Gotta get a bunch of crap into storage still. This is the biggest thing I am still working on. Ugh.

Yes. I have been for most of this pregnancy though. It is getting pretty intense recently though, even though my mobility has gotten worse.

Yep. All his clothes are washed and put away. Blankets and bedding are washed. Diapers are prepped. Waiting on more in the mail though, so I still have some prepping to do.

No maternity pics this time.

DH is putting in his request for leave tomorrow, actually.

Yes. Called the doctor. Just need to call when I give birth to set up the first appointment. Baby will just see the hospital ped while we are there.

Yep. He is named. I will kill DH if he changes his mind!

Not many to contact. But I don't need a list. The rest will find out via FB

Anything else

Nope. Lets have this baby already!

April 29th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
What is your due date and how many weeks are you along? I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and due July 2nd (c-section june 28th)

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies. Yep all set and ready for him!

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? Nope, other than planting the veggie garden next month!

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet? Nope I have to talk to my OB about passing on a few tests but thats about it.

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down. If he comes when I'm scheduled then I'll have everything set but if he comes early we will have to figure things out for a sitter etc.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? Nope I have to pack my bag still.

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed? I don't have their bags packed yet. MIL will watch them just like she did with Madison when Hailey was born. This only works if he comes when he's suppose to.

Are you still waiting on a baby shower? Nope not having one this time

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? Yep sent in all my paperwork a couple months ago

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home? Just a couple things in the living room to fit the pack n play with changing table and new swing.

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? I've had little spurts here and there.

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? Yes

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? Nope we did gender reveal ones instead.

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes? No he will just tell his boss when I go in since his boss knows we're expecting and is cool.

Have you set up the pediatrician yet? Yep he will use the same one the girls use

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? Yes

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives? No we just send out a mass text to family and friends.

April 29th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along? June 7; 34 weeks, 3 days

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies. No way! We are moving the end of this week and the crib, mattress, and bedding should be delivered between this Thurs and next Mon, so I'll take care of what I can then.

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? Not doing any reno really, but we'd like to paint his room eventually.

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet? I have it typed up, but I need to print a couple copies after the move.

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down. The go time plan is: if SO is at work, call him and tell him it's go time, call DD's dad (if she's home) to come get her, and go.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? Waiting to pack the bags until we get moved. I'll make sure baby's bag is packed first, but I still have a couple things to get for mine (travel size toiletries, etc)

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed? My mom was going to keep her for me but now it looks like she'll be out of town from May 10 until who knows when. So DD is going to her dad's. I'll pack her bag when the time gets closer because she'll be going to his place 3 more times between now and then and we'll use the same bag she takes there.

Are you still waiting on a baby shower? Nope, had mine 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? Yep. My doc gave me the paperwork weeks ago. I just have to call and get our address changed.

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home? I guess moving counts as rearranging, right?

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? Waiting to nest until we get moved.

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? Waiting until we get moved so I can unpack and wash.

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? Sort of. My SO's future SIL took a few a couple weeks ago and may take a few more before baby comes.

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes? SO will call work if he's not there and he'll start a week vacation that day. If he is there, he may have to wait until someone else can relieve him, then he'll come to me.

Have you set up the pediatrician yet? Yep

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? We've had his name picked forever: Aidan Philip

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives? Sort of. We're only contacting family and I'll post here and on FB.

Anything else

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 29th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy

June 9th, 34 weeks

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies. Yep. We only have two bedrooms so the crib and other things are all set up in our bedroom but everything is done minus a bit of decorating

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? No! Thank god!

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet? I'm not going to do a birth plan this time. I know what I want to do but i'm just going to go with the flow once it happens

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down. My friend is going to come to the hospital with me and stay until after Alek is born so i'll make a call to her. I want to labour at home as long as possible. All of this is going to be dependent on what time of day it is and whether DD is in school or home etc.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? Nope....I have most of what I need but knowing me i'll throw it all together while i'm in labour haha

I know between my mom and dad and friends there will be someone available to watch her. Preferably it will be my mom but if it's the middle of the day I will opt for my dad because i'd like my mom be there for the birth

Are you still waiting on a baby shower? Nope. My friends had a baby shower lunch for me last weekend

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? yes

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home? Not really. We have a two bedroom condo and everything is ready to go

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? I obsessively clean and organize anyway so I think it will probably just get worse as the weeks go on

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? I've washed and put away/hung up all his clothes/blankets so i'm just waiting to use them!

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? I didn't get any done. I sort of wish it was in the cards but it's too expensive

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes? DH's boss is already aware that when baby is born he will be home for a week. Initially it was only going to be 3 days but they told him to take the week

Have you set up the pediatrician yet? Baby will see the ped in the office where I see my OB

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? His name is Aleksander and I refuse to change it

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives? Immediate family will be at the hospital and everyone else i'll probably just txt afterwards

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
April 29th, 2013, 07:27 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along? I'm 32 weeks and due June 24th

Is your baby space set up yet? Nope. The furniture is still set up but the room is a pile of stuff right now

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? Yes- need to paint the nursery

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet? Not really, but I'll just be discussing with my midwives in the next few weeks

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? Sort of. We'll call my mom and then head to the hospital as quick as possible this time. It takes 45 minutes without traffic but the major highway is in the middle of road construction so it's a bit of a cluster right now. Should be interesting.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? Nope.

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed? My parents will be watching them. They live down the street so they'll just come stay at my house with the girls

Are you still waiting on a baby shower? Doubt it

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? No

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home? I need to. It's a mess right now

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? Um, I suck at this part. I'll do a deep clean in the next week since we are hosting someone as part of foreign exchange through Rotary Club

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? No!

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? Getting those this weekend

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes? No, but I need to have that chat this week

Have you set up the pediatrician yet? Yes, easy since the girls already go to one I love

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? Yes!

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives? Yeah, probably just parents, siblings, and my best friend

Anything else- I need motivation!! Anyone have some to spare?
April 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along? June 3rd, exactly 35 weeks today.

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies. There is a small guest room (9x9) right next to ours and we've made that the nursery. It's completely finished! Paint, wall decal, furniture, curtains, artwork...everything! Yay!

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? We live in my parents house so any renovations aren't ours. My dad was supposed to be doing a quick fix in their bathroom this week. But of course it's turned out to be a much bigger job than he expected (isn't that always the way?) and they'll most likely be using our tiny bathroom until well after the baby is born. Bleh.

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet?I haven't made one up, but I've discussed everything I want with my midwife and she's got all the info in my file...do I need to have it written up?

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down.Thankfully, we live about 2 minutes from the hospital. I plan to labour at home as long as I can since we're so close. Doesn't really matter what time of day or night it happens.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order?I haven't packed yet, but I've got a detailed list for DH just in case I go earlier than expected and he has to pack the bags.

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed?Well, since we live at home with my parents, they'll keep an eye on DD for us. My brother and his wife also live here, in the basement apartment, and they mentioned something about having her down there for a super fun sleepover.

Are you still waiting on a baby shower?We're not having one.

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)?Yes, I registered about 2 months ago. The hospital only allows the midwives 6 spaces per month, so it was important to register early.

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home?I would love to - this house looks exactly the same as it did 15 years ago. But no.

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes?I never really got into the hardcore cleaning nesting thing with DD, and I haven't had any urge to this time either. I think my version of nesting is just feeling antsy about getting the nursery finished and buying everything we need. I think I'm officially done now, and I feel much better.

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? Yes, I've been washing all the new blankets and clothes as I get them.

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? No maternity pics for me. I didn't do them last time either. I don't really feel very attractive these days.

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes?I'm a stay-at-home mom, so no changes for me. DH is planning to take a month off, and he's already let his boss know. In Ontario the government will pay either parent if they take leave from work after the birth of a baby. It's only 55% of his pay, but we'll be able to get by on it, and it'll be nice to have him home.

Have you set up the pediatrician yet?Our family doctor is amazing with kids. She's not specifically a pediatrician, but she's better with DD than any pediatrician we ever had before. So she'll be caring for the baby as well.

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place?We had the name picked out before we even got pregnant!

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives?There aren't really THAT many people to contact. We live with half of them!

Anything else I think that just about covers it! I'm feeling pretty prepared - I'm definitely ready for this baby to come out...I feel like a beached whale!

April 29th, 2013, 11:44 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along? My EDD is 6/3 and I am 35 weeks today.

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies. The second hand crib we got from my mom's friend wasn't able to be used, so we need a crib, but we're getting a bassinet at the baby shower and baby will sleep in that in our room. The nursery finally has decals on it and we were able to use the changing table and dresser that came with the crib.

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? Not really, no.

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet?A few of them. One was a form that I completed from a template online, another is just my own written up in a notepad. I'll probably just use mine as the one from the template has a lot of things on it that are just not of concern to me.

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down. Mostly.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? Not even close.

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed?I'm a first timer

Are you still waiting on a baby shower?Yep. Mine is this coming saturday.

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? No. I recently changed doctors and hospitals. This friday is my first appointment at the new one so hopefully I'll get to pre-register then.

I'd like to, but my sciatic pain really prevents me from doing much right now. It's very frustrating.

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? See above. I've had the urge to clean and organize, I just can't to the degree that I want to.

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? Hoping to get some Dreft this week and start washing clothes and blankets.

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? Not in the plan.

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes?He recently started at 2 jobs and they both know he has a baby on the way. He can't really plan ahead at either one of them, though.

Have you set up the pediatrician yet?Nope.

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? Anna is for sure her first name. Selena or Sophia for a middle name. It's SO's choice.

No. But I need to get one ready for SO, I guess.

Anything else

April 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Regular

I am 34 weeks along. My due date is June 8th

I have a bassinet set up next to my bed, and we also have a nursery set up. We just got the changing table which was the last thing we needed. I actually have the last load of baby clothes in the washer and then after that is put away the nursery is done!

Nope. We just move in about two months ago and everything is in good condition and ready for the new addition.

I'm not sure what to put in a birth plan. This is my first baby and I'm not really sure what I would even write, so I don't think I am going to make one.

I feel like this is so hard to plan because it depends on what time of day and what day of the week. If my fiance is home when things start happening, then he will of course not go into work that day and be here with me. Then I will call my mom an she will come either to the house or the hospital depending on how fast things are moving along.
If my fiance is not home when things start happening, I will call him right away so he can leave work an head home and then I will call my mom. They both will be about an hour away. If I need to get to the hospital right away, I have some great neighbors. Even though we just moved in not too long ago they have given me a list of names an numbers and I have met most of them. So, if worse comes to worse I will call one of them to take me to the hospital where I will meet Mark and my mom.
I kind of just planned that as I typed it It has been the plan in my head, but at least now I have it written down and I feel more comfortable with it.

I just made a list of things to go in the bags this morning. I will be getting them packed this week.

No other kids.

Nope! I just had my last baby shower yesterday! I have been so blessed and was given three showers!

Not yet. I was going to look into that this week too. I went to the birthing class at the hospital and they didn't say anything about that, so I don't even know where to go to do that.

Only the baby's room and a little bit in the kitchen to make room for bottles and bibs and what not.

I would love to do this! But I am pretty much on bed rest now. Not because there have been any problems, but because my physical disability has gotten worse with pregnancy and I can't really walk any more. I am depending on my fiance to do most of the cleaning and he has been great about it!

I have washed everything! The last load is in right now!

I don't think I'm going to do maternity pictures. It would be nice, but money is tight and there are a lot of other things I think I should spend the money on.

I am not working right now and SO can pretty much just call and say he is not coming in for a couple days, but they know it will be happening and are waiting for it.

I called them, but they just said to call the day after I have the baby and they will make an appointment.

He will be named Bentley Joseph

Not really. I think I will just call a few close people and then send a mass text to the rest of my friends and family.

Anything else
I feel like I am ready! I am just waiting for the time to come. And then I think that there could be over 6 weeks left! That seems way too long!
April 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your duedate and how many weeks are you along? June 1...so 35 weeks and 1 day.

Is your baby space set up yet? Be it nursery or wherever you will be spending the first month or so with the baby/ies. Nursery is done.

Are you still renovating any areas of your home before baby/ies gets here? No renovations.

Have you made/printed up a birthplan yet? Printed, filled out, and in my hospital bag.

Do you have a "go-time" plan yet? As in how things will go once you realize it's time to go to the hospital (or home-birth) which may be different depending on what time of day things go down. Nope. That's really going to depend on what is going on at the time.

Have you packed the hospital bag or gotten your birth kit in order? My bag is mostly packed. I still need to pack baby's bag.

Have you made firm arrangements for who will watch other children (If applicable)? Do you have the kids' bags packed if needed? If DH's DD is with us, she'll go to my in-laws. They live a couple of streets over so they can just come here and get what she'll need.

Are you still waiting on a baby shower? Had my baby shower a couple of weeks ago.

Have you pre-registered for the hospital (I/A)? Yup, and I have copies of the forms in my hospital bag just in case they didn't receive the ones I mailed.

Are you rearranging and reorganizing your home? What we needed to do is done, minus me evicting all of DH's guns from the nursery.

Are you deep cleaning/nesting yet? If not, have you actually planned out when you may start this or will you just wait until the mood strikes? Deep cleaning? No. I'm definitely on an organization kick, though.

Have you re-washed clothing/blankets/cloth diapers (I/A)/etc..? Baby laundry is pretty much done, minus a load or two.

Did you get maternity pics done yet if that was in your plans? Nope. Don't plan on it.

Has DH/SO and/or yourself made arrangements with the workplace for when baby/ies comes? My boss will get a call when I can't work anymore. We have plans in place for when that happens. DH was already ok'ed to take a couple of days off.

Have you set up the pediatrician yet? Yes. We took care of that a few months ago.

Do you have a definite name/s picked out or a firm name list in place? Yup.

Do you have a list of all people you want to contact after baby arrives? Didn't even think about that. Oops.

Anything else

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search