Mothers Day

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zombiemommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 08:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Any plans for Mother's Day?

April 28th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Rochelle
Hopefully to spend it with my mom. I have this cross-stitch I want to finish and give her and I am still working on the back-stitching and words and then I'll have to wash, iron and frame the thing. I'm going to get on that Wednesday right after the Science fair.
April 28th, 2013, 08:59 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With how uncomfortable I have been feeling lately, I imagine I will be spending it sitting on the couch. Maybe laying on the couch. But definitely on the couch I getting that whole "beached whale" feeling going on and I will be even bigger in two weeks.

Hopefully I will make it to see my own mama though. And I know Alex will be making breakfast.

April 28th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not really. We have cards to send to our moms, and we'll probably call our moms. But I think that's it. Nothing special.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not holding my breath for any plans since DH lost his job and I don't know if he will have the money then to do anything for DD for me. As far as my own mom I will call her and that's about it. She doesn't expect anything anyway.

April 29th, 2013, 05:30 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Probably nothing... or I'll get roped into going out to the farm to "celebrate" with the husbands family and his grandparents. I would rather do nothing, and since I am huge and pregnant, I'll probably get out of it... anything to not be around his mother.
The hubs and I went out to eat by ourselves last weekend and I proclaimed that my mothers day dinner, so I'll actually get one, haha. He isn't a gift giver, so I probably won't get anything from him. He might stop by the store the thursday before or the monday after when he gets off work and pick me up some flowers (I hate getting flowers, if you're going to buy me something, buy me something I can replant and keep alive! He's selfish and hardheaded and even after almost a decade of repeating this he still doesn't get it.) when he gets his mother a card and a gift card.

I kinda feel towards mothers day like I feel about every other holiday... over commercialized and sensationalized. I don't really care for it, but it is a reason to go to Olive Garden and stuff my face with delicious breadsticks.
MamaSkunk likes this.
April 29th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
My mom is gone and me and my hubbys mom are not getting along rite now so we arent doing anything.
April 29th, 2013, 07:34 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I'm going to the school to have breakfast with my boys this Friday, but other than that nothing.
April 29th, 2013, 10:33 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Not sure yet. We will be having a houseguest from Brazil that weekend as part of a professional exchange program. The group organizing the exchange wants the host families to take everyone to a nearby lake for the day. Frankly I hate the traffic getting there, and the traffic on the lake that day will be nuts too if the weather is nice. I'd rather make a big brunch and have the host families come over. I am not expecting a gift, but DH usually does something small. I got a travel coffee mug and book trilogy last year. Other years I've slept in and woken to yummy donuts or pastries.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search