Achy, crampy?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an appointment with my midwife this afternoon, so I'll bring this up with her, but I thought I'd just check with you ladies in the meantime.

Yesterday and today I've been feeling off. Feeling slightly nauseous, and my lower back is so, so, so achy. Not the sore back/hips that I've been experiencing for months...more like when you get really bad period cramps and you feel it in your back.

Yesterday I had some light pink-ish spotting, but no more mucus discharge than normal. The spotting stopped after a couple hours and hasn't come back.

Baby has been much less active than usual. He's still moving around here and there, but usually it's a constant barrage of kicks and jabs, and today it's just been little wiggles here and there.

I'm 35 weeks, so still way early. I'm probably reading more into this than I should, but for some reason I've been really worried about going into labour early, so any unusual symptoms and I freak out a bit. What do you ladies think?

April 30th, 2013, 05:48 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Sort of sounds like you are going to be going into labor a little early! Those are all good signs! You are almost term and i think you can experience these types of things for a week or more before onset. I hope everything is ok! keep us posted!!

April 30th, 2013, 05:49 AM
KellBell2621's Avatar Eli & Hailey's Mommy!
I have been having some menstrual cramping/back pain as well but no spotting. I'm 31/32 weeks and my next appt is next tuesday but im going to mention it. im glad you have an appt today to talk about it. i cant say if i think its preterm labor or not...sometimes labor symptoms can go on for weeks! maybe your midwife will do an internal exam to check? good luck today - let us know how it goes!
April 30th, 2013, 06:35 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of extra back aches here (aside from the sciatica that I keep b*tching about). I've had some that really remind me of the back cramps I'd get with my period. This has only been the last few days or so and I've also been nauseous. I haven't had any spotting or discharge though. I hope you get some answers at your midwife appt because I'd love to know what she says. KUP!

April 30th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck at your appt! Hope all is well

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
April 30th, 2013, 06:44 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's what my contractions felt like when I had DD. And you are ALMOST there so your body could be slowly starting. You could be one of those that dialates a little bit for a few weeks beforehand. I'd have them check you.

April 30th, 2013, 06:48 AM
I was dilated to 2 cm for almost a month before DD was born, but she was born the day after her due date, and I didn't have any kind of back labour with her. I guess that's why I'm feeling so uncertain - everything is so different with this pregnancy, I never know what to expect.

April 30th, 2013, 06:56 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way with this pregnancy too everything has been so different with this little guy compared to my DD.with her I only had like a couple BH starting at 38 weeks.this one I've had them often for months now. Well if Finnegan decides on an early appearance he would be fine You are only a few weeks away from being technically full term.

April 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck at your appt!! Keep us updated!

April 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Good luck at your appointment hun. Its possible to have all those things happen and stay pregnant for several more weeks. Keep us posted!

April 30th, 2013, 12:32 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I have been feeling this way too. Achey, crampy and nauseas. I have an appointment this afternoon, I am going to ask to be checked also. I have been feeling "off" as well and I still have 3 weeks to go until I am full term.

April 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Ok, so I met with my midwife this afternoon. She confirmed that he's still head down and his heartbeat is strong. She told me to drink a big cup of coffee (yay, doctor's orders!) and count his movements for an hour, since he hasn't been moving around much today or yesterday.

She said that since I'm over 35 weeks now, if I DO go into labour right now, they wouldn't do anything to stop it, and that labour and delivery would pretty much go as normal. She didn't check me to see if I'm dilating at all, but said that if the symptoms worsen or if I start having contractions, then to page her and she'll meet me at the hospital for assessment.

Sooo....yeah. That's about it. Feeling kind of unresolved. I guess it's just a wait and see situation now.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 03:03 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an appointment today too, and brought up the BH contractions I've been having, since at times they have been more frequent than the 4 an hour "they" say is no worry. The doctor told me that at 35 weeks they won't stop labor and basically not to worry at this point. I've had some crampiness on and off lately too, along with lots of BH and baby moving around like crazy.

April 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Feeling pretty much the same way here. Achy, some fairly intense BH and back pain. B had a couple of quiet days - I could still feel him but know where near the intensity that I had been. Turns out it was a massive growth spurt - in 1 week he went from measuring 3 days behind my EDD to 1 week ahead. He also went head down in that week.

Hopefully he either comes soon or it slows down so you have a couple of weeks of relief.
April 30th, 2013, 07:41 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Maybe things are progressing for you. You are only a couple weeks away from full term. I was checked today because I have been feeling very similar and I am 1 cm dialated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search