I had a birth dream, anyone else?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Rochelle
It was crazy bc I just happened to be in the hospital but not bc anything was wrong but bc in another tangent of a dream I was there for someone else or something else. So, then the nurse lady was like "ok so you're 41 weeks, it's time to get that baby out" and she was making comments about how I shouldn't have waited so long to get in there. I remember saying "What's the big deal, I haven't even had any contractions all this time" and apparently this was my scheduled c/s that I guess I just forgot about and was coincidentally there for. She said "Yes you have, you had some on Monday, Tuesday and Friday". And then I realized it was true. Then she had a clipboard and was filling in some info and said "ok, so you and I think this is a boy" as if that was relevant medical info. DH was no where around but I knew he was going to be there soon. Then she got me onto a gurney and as she was wheeling me to the OR I was thinking "oh man, here we go, time to fight these ppl for my birthing preferences and I am sooooo not in the mood.". That was it. Wasn't a very uplifting dream but I thought the 41 weeks along and the days I had contractions part was interesting.

What about y'all, started having the hardcore Birth experience dreams yet?
April 30th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had some REALLY strange birth dreams for the past month. One included my giving birth to a baby who looked like a one eyed monkey haha Last night I had a dream that my doctor told me to drink bottles of castor oil because I should be in labour by now. Pregnancy dreams are too weird

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
April 30th, 2013, 09:49 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't really had any yet, but i am sure they are coming. i always have strange dreams when i am pregnant that i give birth to like 3 and 4 years olds dressed in clothes... hahaha! or that they are like 6 weeks old and i have forgotten to feed them the whole time, and stuff like that!

April 30th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had a dream where I gave birth, and a one year old came out...and another where I gave birth but the hospital wouldn't let me take the baby home, they sent me home and when I came back and demanded my baby, they were all "what baby?"

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 30th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Super Mommy
oh yeah! just this past week too. but in all of them i'm forgetting something...like i'll be in labor but i dont remember the delivery, or i dont know her name, or dont know her birthday. definitely mimicking real life because every day i just feel so unprepared even though im doing everything i can to prepare. plus i feel nervous about bringing a whole new life into this world and i just hope i can measure up to my own expectations
April 30th, 2013, 10:56 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yes I keep dreaming no one makes it in time and I am all alone. Its really weird. Oh and I had a dream she came out a boy.

April 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one where I was sitting at the dining room table with my mom and SO, happy as can be when I realized I had given birth at some point. I looked at my mom and very unhappily said "I don't remember it. I don't remember going into labor, giving birth, even coming home! Did they drug me up?!" She had a very sad look on her face and said "They had to. It was really bad." I just burst into tears. I went upstairs to see my baby and there HE was (imagine my surprise seeing as I'm having a girl), laying on the bed asleep and at least 15lbs. I picked him up and cuddled him and was perfectly happy again.

April 30th, 2013, 12:56 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg yes I have had a dream where he was trying to come out feet first and my aunt was the nurse on call so she flipped him then he flipped again and next thing I knew I was pushing and my aunt grabbed his feet and pulled him out and the most graphic part of the dream was I dreamt he was 9 pounds 9 oz. 22 inches long and had a ton of brown hair.

Then I had another dream where for some reason I needed a c-section and I was coming out of surgery and DH told me the nurses had given my son a bottle of formula and a pacifier and I was so mad I got up out of bed and stormed to the nurses and started yelling at them saying I wanted to try
nursing first and that if he wouldn't latch I wanted to pump and give him my breast milk and that the pacifier and bottle would have given him nipple confusion etc. I was so mad. Then I held him and stopped being mad. And again he weighed 9 lbs 9 oz. Was 22 inches long and had a bunch of brown hair(so lol I'm waiting to see if those measurements are accurate hahah)

April 30th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I had one, but the only thing I remember now is that he weighed 8 lbs 4oz. My first son was 8 lbs 11oz so I'm hoping this one is a tad smaller!

April 30th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had a few dreams about Eli's arrival. One was about his birth and he came at 36w6d! Weird that it was so specific.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search