How are the daddies

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 2 Post By sunnydaze
  • 2 Post By Kalynas_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 10:58 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How are our daddies doing as we get closer? Are they getting nervous? Are they ready?

April 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO is so not ready. Haha. He doesn't act anxious about actually taking care of her, but our current financial situation really worries him and I think that gets him into a funk. He hasn't been overly attached to the idea that there's a baby on the way and only occasionally puts his hand on my stomach, but I've chalked that up to the idea that 'men become fathers when they hold their baby'. I think he'd be a lot more excited had this been a planned pregnancy and we were in a bit of a better place. Life just doesn't work that way sometimes, though.

April 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is getting really excited. I think it all started becoming really real to him when we started filling up our office with baby stuff. He'll talk to Arthur, and put his hand on him. When he went to Disney World a couple weeks ago he came home with souvenir's for him, and had to resist buying him A LOT more. He's got his own little nickname for him, and every morning when he leaves for work he'll give me a kiss and then he'll give my belly a kiss. He's starting to feel more ready the more he reads his baby book I bought him. He's starting to spout things off and sound like a know-it-all. Buying him that book was probably the smartest thing I've ever done.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
April 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is old hat at this This is baby #7 for him. 6 biological and one that isn't his biologically but he claims her as his anyway. 5 from his first wife. And this is 2 and last for us. He's an amazing dad. He does things I've only seen a mom do. If DDs sick he often beats me up the stairs. And today after my Dr appt he was carrying DD, diaper bag full of her books and toys we use to occupy her, plus a few bags that needed to go inside and his soda and he still checked the mail. Lol made me laugh. He's an old hat at being a daddy. That said he is very excited to meet our son. And I've noticed he seems to be as emotional as me lately and seems to be nesting as well lol. He is however worried about his lack of a job and got quite upset about it last night and got teary about it.

April 30th, 2013, 12:01 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
My hubby just gets super driven and motivated to "provide" the closer we get. I saw him do the same thing right before Mason was born. I sometimes mistake this as him not being interested or involved enough, but i know what it is. He is just trying to make sure that we are in a place to provide for yet another little baby
I admire him for that, and i know that when she is born, he will immediately fall in love ready or not!
eshute likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is so ready, he is so excited to meet his princess and so is DS, he asks everyday when his sister is coming. Lol

April 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is ready. I think he is ready for me to have this baby so I can get feeling better and he can have me back, lol. Don't get me wrong, he has enjoyed the pregnancy experience too, but he always complains that he hates seeing me in pain and uncomfortable and there is nothing he can do about it. He is ready to be able to help

April 30th, 2013, 12:57 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
He is ready for the actual baby stuff. He's a pro at the diapers, rocking, and bathing a new baby. I think he is nervous financially and hoping that the next 8 weeks moves slow. We'll be going down to one income and will be stretched thin. He is working really hard at his job right now to try to counteract that.
April 30th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is definitely the protector/provider and he takes that role very seriously. He's not thrilled with his job and that stresses him out because he wants to take care of his family, but doesn't feel secure enough in his position at work. So that's hard on him.

He's also put on 15 lbs of sympathy pregnancy weight. He did the same thing with DD. I think it's kind of cute, but he's not very happy about it. The weight came right off after DD was born, and I'm sure it will this time too. He's got the metabolism of a rabbit.

DH shows his love and affection for his family through actions, not words. He's not very talkative about anything involving the pregnancy. He listens to me, but doesn't really have any input. But I know once this little guy is born, DH will be right there with me for middle of the night diaper changes and feedings and his love for all of us will just be overwhelming. He's a pretty amazing guy.

April 30th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Mike hasn't shown any changes yet. I'm sure when it gets super close he will get excited more since he will be getting that much closer to meeting his son!

April 30th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is super excited that I'll be staying home full-time so he can resume a more normal work schedule. As it is he has to wake up very early to get in 3/4 of his day before I have to leave for work and then he has to work after dinner to finish his day.

He is also very excited that this one will (obviously) be a newborn and therefore more interested in prolonged cuddles. He has gotten the cold shoulder from Alex one too many times in the last few weeks. He's convinced that this one will be HIS little buddy, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

April 30th, 2013, 11:35 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband likes to act like he isn't excited. But I know he is. Friends of ours will tell me how he was talking about certain things or he'll take pictures of things we have gotten for the baby to show to his family or our friends. I think he's just a little scared about actually having a baby to take care of, because he hasn't been around little babies much, and I think he may be nervous about when I go into labor, though he hasn't said so. I do know he's worried we aren't going to get everything done, as am I, but I'm hoping we can pull it off. I just can't do much on my own these days and we don't have many days at home together, so it's making everything take longer than it should. And since we have to get someone to come fix some things, that is prolonging it as well. But, I think we'll get there. Eventually.
May 1st, 2013, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband should come with a cape and start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants because he really turned into my superman.

He has picked up way more than his fair share of housework around the house, works all day long and comes home and makes dinner without me having to ask or anything. He has been amazing.

I know he loves the baby, but I think he worries about me being pregnant because of my compromised immune system and how hard pregnancy takes a toll on my body. So I don't carry anything, or pick anything up, and if we go out somewhere, he drops me off at the door of the store/restaurant whatever and goes to park the car.

I went to the pool yesterday and mentioned it was heated and he was like "how heated? you aren't going to cook my baby are you?"

I should really do something nice for him for how amazing he has been lately.
eshute and MamaSkunk like this.

May 1st, 2013, 05:59 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
To look at him you'd never think DH is even remotely concerned with, or even aware of, the fact that we are about to have a baby. BUT, if you know him like I do you see it. He's been more helpful with our boys, putting in extra hours at work, and slightly more stressed about the bills. All little things most outside people really wouldn't see. Once the baby gets here he'll turn all mushy and baby-hoggy, just like he did with the boys It would always crack me up when we'd go out somewhere and he always wanted to be the one to carry around the boys and show them off, but at the same time he was super protective about people getting too close.
May 1st, 2013, 06:10 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
DH never seemed nervous or anxious at all before DD was born. In fact he was rather detached. This time he's driving me crazy. He keeps coming up with these CRAZY scenarios in his head and asking what he should do. His newest worry is "What if between the time I call you and tell you i'm leaving work and the time I get home you go into labour?!?!?!" Um okay? Who cares? haha he works 30 mins away (45 in traffic). It's not going to happen THAT fast.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
DH never seemed nervous or anxious at all before DD was born. In fact he was rather detached. This time he's driving me crazy. He keeps coming up with these CRAZY scenarios in his head and asking what he should do. His newest worry is "What if between the time I call you and tell you i'm leaving work and the time I get home you go into labour?!?!?!" Um okay? Who cares? haha he works 30 mins away (45 in traffic). It's not going to happen THAT fast.
My DH is the SAME way! His latest was "I just read how to deliver a baby in the car, just in case." My response? "We live a mile from the hospital, I think we'll be JUST fine..."

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 1st, 2013, 09:18 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My DH is so ready. I have been pregnant most of our marriage, we are ready for non pregnant life.

May 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DF is ready for me to not be pregnant. We are ready for non-pregnant life together and to start wedding planning and such. He is not very open with communicating but I can tell by the way he has been acting that he is starting to stress out about the baby coming.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search