Breech baby anyone?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Veteran
Our sweet angel has been sitting breech or transverse lie pretty much the whole pregnancy. We still have time and space for her to turn head down, but I can't help but start to worry as a FTM. I've read the spinning babies website, working with a chiropractor, and an acupuncturist. Now just trying to relax- I would do anything to avoid a C-section.

Anyone in a similar situation or had this with a previous pregnancy?
April 30th, 2013, 06:56 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
How far along are you? Yes there is still time. I'm pretty sure this baby is still transverse. My second didn't turn until around 33 weeks and she did it on her own. I'd stick with the spinning babies suggestions for now and then move onto other options when you get closer. In addition to the chiropractor or acupuncture, there is also external version where they will try to turn the baby from the outside. That is typically done after 37 weeks. My sister had it done successfully with her second.
April 30th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Veteran
34 weeks, thanks for the info!
April 30th, 2013, 07:12 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lil guy was transverse forever and I started the spinning babies exercises and two weeks later he went head down and he has been head down since then. So I second that.
Lady KW likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 07:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Ditto the spinning babies, and when or if you do see a chiro make sure it's someone who is trained in Webster. That's the technique for breech babies.

April 30th, 2013, 10:12 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DD was breech until 36 weeks. My doula's partner made a plank for me to do inversions on. I also spent a lot of time doing silly things like shining a flashlight down low and having DH pretty much talk into my crotch to ask her to come down, or I'd hold a bag of frozen peas on her head and a nice warm heating pad down low in the hopes that she'd not like the cold and move. I made an appointment to have acupuncture and moxabustion but when I went in, the acupuncturist said she had already turned. I don't know if it was the inversions or if she just decided to do it on her own but there was still plenty of room and lots of fluid. Definitely not time to worry yet, though I know the feeling well. Keep up with your spinning babies exercises and chances are it'll turn out fine.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

April 30th, 2013, 11:25 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Porter was breech when we had an ultrasound at 29 weeks. (He was head down at 20 and 24 weeks, but I guess decided he was tired of being upside down.) I don't know if he's flipped yet or not, but I'm trying not to worry about it. I would prefer to not have to have a csection, but if I do, I do. My doctor is going to check at 36 weeks, so she told me not to worry about it until then. Sometimes I feel him and it seems to me like he may have flipped over, but I just can't tell for sure. Based on his movements, I think he was breech with his feet up by his head and then I think he went more transverse. And I would like to think he is now head down based on where I feel him, but I can't know for sure. I hope all of our breech babies flip on over soon!
May 1st, 2013, 05:46 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nephew didn't go head down until almost 42 weeks.

Bourne never turned and I had a csection with him.
May 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
My baby is still breech as well. We are going in tomorrow for an ultrasound to see if she had turned (i don't think so) and to see how big she is. I have 9+ lb babies so we don't want her to be too big to be turned at this point. If she is still breech we will schedule the ECV and pray it works to avoid the big C word!! I am 36 weeks on sunday so i am hoping to get this show on the road!

May 3rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
dd was transverse or breech up until the very end and she flipped on her own. I wouldn't worry too much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search