Appointment went... Meh, okay

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 07:10 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had my 34 week check up today. Doc isn't thrilled because I have lost 4lbs since my appt 2 weeks ago. I am definitely not trying to lose weight.. just have been pretty nauseated and have to choke down my food. So at this point I have a total gain of 17lbs.

I told him I have been feeling "off" and BH are getting more painful so he decided to check my cervix. I am 1 cm dialated. Not sure what percent effaced. He said I have about 1.5 cm of cervix left?

There is a little concern that my cerclage stitch could rip my cervix if there is too much strain on it so we will be checking again in 2 weeks and if need be, we will remove it but that could mean I could go into labor very quickly. But for now, it is holding.

But baby sounds good. He was moving all over. Still head down. HB was 135. He thinks he has passed the 5lb weight mark based on his size. BP and urine strip were good
MamaSkunk likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad he's doing OK and things are still OK with you.

April 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
That's probably referring to shorting the 1.5cm left. It starts long and shortens towards the end and once it's done shortening it begins to dilate more. Huge hugs Hun, in 2 weeks you will be 36 weeks and it will be much less to worry about!

April 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
That's probably referring to shorting the 1.5cm left. It starts long and shortens towards the end and once it's done shortening it begins to dilate more. Huge hugs Hun, in 2 weeks you will be 36 weeks and it will be much less to worry about!
That's what I thought he meant, also. Yeah, I will definitely feel a lot better about it if things can remain calm for another 2 weeks. He was very reassuring--telling me that things are in a good spot and each week it just gets better and better towards the end. Staying positive. The ripping cervix thing freaks me out though! Ugh.

April 30th, 2013, 07:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I don't think that's uncommon especially since this is your third. Huge hugs Hun!

May 1st, 2013, 04:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope little one stays for another two weeks. Sounds like he is a nice weight

May 1st, 2013, 08:40 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The 1.5 cm left he is referring to is effacement. The length of your cervix. 1.5 is almost 50% effaced I believe.

May 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Stay put baby!
May 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope things stay calm for at least another two weeks. Sounds like the doc is pretty at ease about it, so that's always good. Glad baby is doing good, too!

May 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Hope you feel okay for the next couple of weeks and that nothing happens with the cerclage. Glad baby is doing great though

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 1st, 2013, 07:48 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I don't have your history of early labor, I can sympathize on feeling "off" and having tons of uncomfortable contractions. I have an appointment tomorrow and plan to mention it...

Anywho, glad baby boy is a nice healthy weight and I hope he stays put at least another 2 weeks for you!

May 2nd, 2013, 02:49 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that overall everything looked good for you. I don't blame you for being nervous about the cerclage but it sounds like they are going to monitor it closely.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search