Desperate for your prayers

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 04:48 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I have mentioned several times that I lost my grandmother early in this pregnancy. We were super close and I am naming the baby after her. My grandfather had since moved in with my aunt and uncle just a few miles from me. He was very excited about this baby and her name. He was looking forward to holding her and being at her dedication. He had some health struggles over the last few months, but that all seemed to be behind him and he was doing very well. Yesterday afternoon, he died very suddenly and unexpectedly. My uncle had been working in his basement office and came upstairs to find him while I was working my last session of the day, around 4:20. I got home and was super annoyed that DH insisted on putting DD straight to bed b/c I wanted to spend time with her. He told me he had to talk to me. My first thought was that he had lost his job. I wish it had been that.

This is really more than I can take. I feel like I may die of a broken heart. They were the world to me. They suffered so much when my grandmother was sick for so many years and it seemed like even though she was gone, we would have him in our lives in a way he hadn't been able to be for so long. Now it just feels like losing her all over again and him, too. It is just so unfair. He was supposed to hold her. He was supposed to see DD start preschool and sing in their Christmas program. He loved when she sang and danced for him. I feel like I won't even be able to enjoy the birth of this baby bc I will be missing them so much. For 65 years, they have held every baby in this family: 3 daughters of their own, 5 grandchildren, and 6 great grandchildren. There will be such an emptiness with Lena and it's just not fair. I know I sound like such a baby, but I am completely devastated.

I will probably not be online again until early next week. After DH sits for a professional exam he has in the morning, we will head straight for my grandparents' house to help with arrangements and for the services. Their house is out in the country and they have no internet. But I am desperate for your prayers for strength to get through this and for God's divine comfort. I don't understand why this is happening this way, but I have to choose to trust Him. But, please, please, please, pray very hard. I really, truly need it.

May 1st, 2013, 04:57 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
May 1st, 2013, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry and I am sending you my prayers.

May 1st, 2013, 05:12 AM
Super Mommy
I am so very, very sorry. I will pray for your family's comfort and healing during this time. I know how difficult it is, it kills me my daddy won't be around to hold his grandson who will be named after him.
May 1st, 2013, 05:17 AM
KellBell2621's Avatar Eli & Hailey's Mommy!
oh my goodness i am so sorry for your loss. i will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers <3
May 1st, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for comfort for your family at this time.

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
May 1st, 2013, 06:23 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry I'll be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 1st, 2013, 06:35 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Karen! I'm so sorry to hear this! Hugs and my sincere condolences.

May 1st, 2013, 06:42 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing..

May 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Saying a prayer for comfort and peace.

May 1st, 2013, 07:36 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am so very sorry Hun. My prayers are with your family!

May 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear this. You & your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

May 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so, so very sorry for your losses. Many thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

May 1st, 2013, 11:31 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am so sorry! You and your family are in my thoughts
May 1st, 2013, 11:31 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Praying for you! I know how hard it is to lose grandparents, because I've lost all of mine. My Dad's parents were the most amazing grandparents and we were all devastated when my grandmother died. She was the best person I've ever known. We didn't have much time with just my grandfather, because he died suddenly not too long after she did. I think it's hard on them to live without their significant other that they've had for such a long time.

Hang in there, we are all thinking about you!
May 1st, 2013, 11:41 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss of both your gparents. I think we can understand how tough this is for you. I am sure you will find great happiness once you see your beautiful baby.

Good luck to you and I know you will find the strength and I will be thinking of you.
May 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, Karen. I am sending thoughts and prayers to your family.

May 1st, 2013, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm very sorry you're going thru this, I pray God gives you the strength you need. You are in my prayers

May 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I am sooooo sorry hon. I can relate. We lost my grandma 3 years ago April 4th and Hailey shares part of her middle name with her. My grandpa has missed so her so much and has expressed so much how he wanted to be with her. I found out recently that he was talking about how he wasnt going anywhere until he got to meet little man and it broke my heart when his health when downhill unexpectly last week. Went into the hospital Monday, was put in hospice and passed away within 12 hours. We passed away last wednesday. It kills me that he will never meet Zack after learning how excited he was about him. Last week was so hard on us I'm sending so many prayers and hugs to you hon during this difficult time

May 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your terrible loss.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search