Anyone else really scared?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Karenna
  • 1 Post By KellBell2621
  • 4 Post By zkat
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 2 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 03:05 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I know it's normal to be scared about having a baby, especially the first time around, but I find myself really scared that something bad is going to happen. I worry that something is going to happen in the next few weeks and I'll give birth to a sleeping baby or that a few weeks or months after her arrival that she'll pass from SIDS or something. Or that she might be born with some sort of heart defect that no one saw on the ultrasounds. I get really anxious when she hasn't moved for a few hours, even though I know she goes through her sleepy times and active times and they're not always the same every day.

Is this normal? To be so worried? I try to stay positive, but I feel like I've had such an uneventful pregnancy that *something* has to go wrong.

May 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
Super Mommy
I have been worried about all of those things too and this is my second baby! Its TOTALLY normal.
eshute likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure we all have some of these worries. Think positive!!
May 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
definitely normal! this is my 2nd pregnancy and the worries are all the same! plus, even after delivery i was a nervous wreck for like the first couple months. you just want whats best for your baby <3
eshute likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is very normal. You go from early pregnancy worries, to late term pregnancies worries to real life worries and they just change as your baby grows. It never gets easier, you will never stop stressing about your baby, ever. The only thing that changes is what you stress about. It is called your mother's intuition.

Kat.
May 1st, 2013, 04:22 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have these same worries. I'm sure it's normal.
eshute likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 04:56 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to know that it's normal. It stinks, though!
TeresaV likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
deleted because it wasn't helpful.

Last edited by sunnydaze; May 1st, 2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Don't want to give you more reason to worry
May 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
I definitely worry, I know everyone does. I have a friend who's baby passed from SIDS at 5 weeks old and when it happens to someone you know it just seems like it's on your mind more. Since this is my third, I'm a little less worried about the actual delivery part, and more about what comes after. Being a parent is the more worrisome thing I've ever done! I haven't stopped worrying about my kids since the day the strip turned pink, it just comes with the territory.
zkat and eshute like this.
May 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
These are very normal worries. Like Kat said, they just change as they get older.
May 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to being a mama. It changes you it truly does. You constantly worry about them. This is my second one and I have the same worries and concerns. And then once your holding them the worries just change. I was never emotional before I had DD and now I see things on the news or read in the paper and it never fails I always worry about anything happening to her. And now if I hear about anyone passing young I always cry and think of that poor mother who just lost her child. Thoughts like that never occurred to me before. I hug DD every night and tell her I love her all the time and thank god for my kids and pray he keeps them safe. Motherhood changes you in so many ways....but mainly it does turn us all into the equivalent of a mama bear protecting her cubs.
eshute likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I worry A LOT more now than I did with my first. When you think about it, having a baby is really truly a miracle!
May 2nd, 2013, 03:53 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a huge worry wart too. I try to tell myself not to go there because it freaks me out when I have bad thoughts. I am glad to hear that so many people feel the same way.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I've had a full solid nights sleep since I became a mom because I always have one ear open at all times.

When I was a teenager, I slept like the dead and nothing could wake me. Now the smallest cry does.
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I want to say it gets better but I wouldn't say it gets "better" the worries just change. I worry about getting a call that DD got hurt at school, or that her bus got into an accident, or just really silly things. I used to worry about anyone but me taking her to the park because what if they weren't watching her properly and she fell off the top of the slide and cracked her head open. I've gotten much better at realizing that even if I WAS there you can't always prevent things from occurring (she's badly hurt herself while standing right next to me before!) and you just do your best without stifling your childs independence. I think there's a normal and healthy amount of worry that comes along with being a parent. If its to be overwhelming and taking over all your thoughts though then I'd say that's something worth bringing up with a professional.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 2nd, 2013, 11:46 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am more nervous this time than before. I hope she fits into our family and the transition is as smooth as Everett's was. I agree with the other ladies the worries never go away they just change to different worries.
eshute likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search