My accomplishments today include:

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so most of us are feeling like crap, and I personally feel like a big whiner and a big lazy a**. So what we're going to do is list our accomplishments for the day. Nothing is too small to mention.

Mine are: I grocery shopped. Not just a quick trip, a 2 hour trip to walmart with my mom. This is a major accomplishment in my opinion. I also took a shower and - wait for it - shaved my legs AND my pits! I put on the dress I've decided to wear to the baby shower and actually felt half pretty in it - I honestly thought I'd hate it and have a major breakdown. Which leads me to my final accomplishment thus far today - no tears yet! Irritation, sure, but no crying yet today.

Okay, ladies. Your turn! Tell us what you've accomplished today!
overlinmommy17 likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I cleaned my upstairs leaving the playroom for my husband and that's it. I have cried today though.
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cleaned the kitchen and sort of the bathroom.

I worked up the courage to call my doctor today after weeks of sleepless nights contemplating it.

I *started* my last week's worth of homework. Finals are this weekend.

And I cried also. But at least it was happy tears!
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
After my day started out with our power being out most of the morning, I actually did get laundry going and make a decent lunch and dinner.

And I took a nap. I don't know if that counts as an accomplishment or not
eshute likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I managed to get dressed today. And I took care of DD all day who is moody as heck. And that's about it so far. I'm still not feeling good at all.
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got out of bed...is that an accomplishment?

I made DH's lunch and breakfast at 6 am, then mine and DD's about an hour later. Got DD to school and home from school (she's only there for two hours). Made a somewhat healthy lunch for myself, but fed DD cold leftovers from dinner last night, so that might be a strike against me. Took a nap. Cobbled together an OK dinner.

Totally lazy day...pretty much par for the course these days. Actually, that's almost the exact routine every day lately.

Haven't cried yet today, but it's been close, and there are several more hours until bed. *sigh*
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Mommy to Be
I went grocery shopping yesterday, to two different stores, and was ridiculously tired when we finished so I agree that is a major accomplishment, as or today, I did not accomplish as much as hoped, I vacuumed the floor and made dinner lol. But I also finished my baby registry and tried to plan some shower stuff because my sister is always busy working so I feel bad, that and I'm freaking out that it's in two weeks and I'm a slight control freak. I also finally got things settled so the baby will have insurance so I can now pick a pediatrician
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to work for 8 hours, came home to pick up my stepdaughter to go to a Girl Scout meeting for an hour and a half, came back home, and sat on the couch. The end.
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Got up and ready for work (DH took one to school and one to dentist). Went to work from 8:15 until 2:45 then met parents at doctor for kids' physicals. Picked up pizza (yeah that was dinner). Then started work again (at home) to get ready for tomorrow. Hoping to do just 2 hours tonight. Then I am hitting the bed and having DH rub my feet!
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I got my kid to school and back and made it to my ob appointment.
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
i folded a load of laundry...
unloaded dishwasher...
took a shower...
made a chicken casserole for dinner...
The rest of the day was spent on the couch wondering if this constant low back ache and low abdominal pain is prelabor or just crappy pregnancy stuff. lol
eshute likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:52 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 View Post
The rest of the day was spent on the couch wondering if this constant low back ache and low abdominal pain is prelabor or just crappy pregnancy stuff. lol
I hope you are feeling better soon!

I got up at 4:45 for my twice weekly jog/walk and managed almost 3 miles in an hour. After a short nap and then shower, I dropped the girls off at daycare, went to work, went to a midwife appointment, returned some stuff to Walmart, drove to my parents' to have dinner with them and the girls, then took the girls home. I will probably fold some laundry in a minute before going to bed.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up stuff to make my sister's graduation present. Drove a couple circles around the hospital before deciding the visitor's parking lot was WAY too far for me to walk from and DH will just have to drive me and drop me off at the front door so I can turn in my pre-registration form. Then went to Target to find out they don't have the cubes I wanted and so I got a hot dog instead. When DH came home, he announced he officially has a job for next year (YAY!!!) and so we filled out the application to move into the townhome we really want to move to. Then we decided dinner involved too much work, so we went to our favorite deli and got sandwiches.
eshute likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 2nd, 2013, 09:24 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a house guest last night so I cleaned up after that, stripped all the beds, did 4 loads of laundry, managed to make a decent breakfast for everyone and tidied up the rest of the house. Once I put DD down for nap I was useless and spent the rest of the day chewing tums and watching the clock, lol.
eshute likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

May 3rd, 2013, 12:35 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I (we) got a lot done today! I studied for my 2 finals I have tomorrow, we took the changing table my sister bought us back to babies r us (we don't need it now with the new furniture we found) and used the credit from that and our 10% off "complete your registry" coupon to buy a lot of the rest of the stuff we needed. Then I went to the gym and taught my Zumba class. After I got home we got Porter's room almost completely cleaned out. Just a few things that we need to go drop off to get rid of, and a mattress and table that someone else is going to have to come help him move downstairs. And then we got all the trash and recycling out because they pick that up tomorrow. I am worn out! But we (I bc he works tomorrow and Saturday night) have a lot to get done this weekend. But it's looking like we may have Porter's room pretty much done by next week, which would be amazing. We will see if that happens! Ha.
eshute likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just have to say, you ladies who are still out exercising are impressive. The thought of running or doing a Zumba class right now makes me want to cry. *Pass the Oreos, please.*
eshute and MrsLat like this.

May 3rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
I just have to say, you ladies who are still out exercising are impressive. The thought of running or doing a Zumba class right now makes me want to cry. *Pass the Oreos, please.*
I probably wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't teaching. I have stopped doing any classes or exercise that don't involve me teaching. It wears me out, but because it's my job I feel like I have an obligation to do it as long as I can and it's hard to find good subs for when I'm gone, especially for a lot of weeks in a row, so I keep going. My class participants count on me to be there, so I feel like I can't disappoint them! Which helps me make it through some days! With that said, I think that Zumba is the reason I haven't been swelling and the reason why I haven't gained 50 lbs! So, that also makes me want to keep doing it!
May 3rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Calling my jog/walk exercise is almost a stretch at this point! I can't even get 1/2 mile in a super slow jog before I have to stop and walk. I'm just being stubborn at this point so I continue. Plus, it's fun that I get to chat with my friend for an hour without kid distractions.
May 3rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I got 2 loads of laundry done, socks matched. (This is an accomplishment, we had a whole hamper of mismatched socks. I hate matching them. Grr)

Some of the decluttering and cleaning that I had on the list is done.

House looks.. decent... kids and I are dressed. Productive day for almost 35 weeks, I'd say!

May 3rd, 2013, 05:16 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ditto!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search