Cleaning ?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 1 Post By loveneverfails
  • 2 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By lalap

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know a lot of us really wanted to get cleaning done prior to the arrival of our little ones. We finally got our furniture this week - and I have Ellianna's room nearly ready. The other par of the house still has a way to go. I did thoroughly clean the bathrooms yesterday. (Told DH last night to look in the corners - I was so proud of how clean everything was). Now - lots in other parts of the place. Today's list is church, soccer game,our room, some windows, and purchase of underbed containers for one of kid's room.

How is everyone else doing.

May 5th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm cleaning as I unpack which actually makes it easier on me and is desperately needed as the sellers left this place disgusting. So far I've tackled the master bedroom and bathroom and DD's room and the hall bathroom. Next up, I finish the kitchen and organize the freezers (I have 3 now!). Then comes Aidan's room. The den just needs to have the couch moved, be vacuumed, we need to put the DVD tower together so we can unpack the DVDs, then the den is done. The rest of the house desperately needs vacuumed also, as dirt and stuff got tracked in cuz it rained everyday we moved but yesterday.
MamaSkunk likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 5th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like its a never ending mess. The babies room is about 80% done. I plan on working on that today. I think once I get that done I will feel ok about things.
MamaSkunk likes this.
May 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My place is a mess. And it's getting worse with every box of baby stuff we get in the mail. We're moving in a month, so we're going to be starting to pack up, so there's not point in putting things anywhere. At this point I wish we had enough money to have both places right now, just so I can have a place to put the baby stuff!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 5th, 2013, 08:02 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It's not going at all. I hate cleaning. I need to do a deep clean and finish it by Tuesday night. We are having an exchange professional stay with us for a week starting Wednesday. I have no motivation so I haven't even started.
May 5th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm going to ask MIL to clean all my windows and clean all the wood floors when she gets back from Ohio. She is really good at cleaning My friend who is a really good cook & great at organizing is going to come help me get freezer meals ready and due clutter in the next 2 weeks. So I think I will be set! My goal is to finish the nursery this week and get dd's dresser painted white.

May 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's just not happening. I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen daily (except the last two days because I wasn't home all day), but other than that I've been so anti-cleaning it's ridiculous. SO worked almost the entire month of April without a day off and it seems a lot harder to clean when he's not home to help right now. Luckily he's going to have one day off a week from now on and is happy to be Mr. Clean. I'm excited to actually get something done!

May 5th, 2013, 10:39 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've given up on the idea of a deep clean before baby comes. I am lucky to be able to keep up with the obvious stuff (laundry, dishes, vacuuming, clutter). My MIL did just offer to me to come over and clean the house. I might just take her up on it.
rcjh12 and Kim3 like this.

May 5th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I nested pretty much non-stop when I was pregnant with Alex. Mostly because we had zero organizational systems or anything in our house. We had tons of stuff piled up and stored and just laying around.

With this pregnancy most of our clutter is gone and we have more shelves/baskets, etc up. However, we still have a lot to do before I feel like this house is actually organized or really even put together. So, my nesting has come in fits and bursts.

I'm in it pretty bad right now because DH is finally giving me some free reign in deciding where to put up new shelves and with FINALLY ripping out all our horrible old sliding doors. I *HATE* sliding closet doors. Seriously, are there people out there who actually enjoy only viewing 1/3 of their closet at a time?!?!

This weekend is Alex's 2nd birthday party and my Mom actually agreed to help me with some of the prep/cleaning. I'm trying to tidy and do a lot of the general cleaning ahead of time so that I can use her hands for some deep cleaning. DH is also being helpful with planning on how to clean our area rugs and for me to try to spruce up our one hardwood floor.

My hope is to get my carpets cleaned as well. With my due date quickly arriving I want to try to get this house as clean as possible so that when it all goes to crap in the few weeks after the birth hopefully it won't be truly nasty.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
I

I'm in it pretty bad right now because DH is finally giving me some free reign in deciding where to put up new shelves and with FINALLY ripping out all our horrible old sliding doors. I *HATE* sliding closet doors. Seriously, are there people out there who actually enjoy only viewing 1/3 of their closet at a time?!?!
We also ripped off all our sliding doors and dh reluctantly put together the closet organizer for the kids rooms. Our room is next but I don't have time right now.

I VERY MUCH DISLIKE sliding closet doors!!

May 5th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What did you replace yours with? We bought accordion doors from Menards. Our closets are unusual widths so our only other option was to get bifold custom cut ones. Heck no. I've found myself opening and closing the new doors and giggling with glee a few times. What a difference!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 5th, 2013, 09:44 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I suck at cleaning and I'm so tired when I'm off. My house is such a disaster I want to cry.

May 5th, 2013, 10:58 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have done a major decluttering and moved all that crap to a storage shed. That was a huge relief. Grayson's baby are is almost done. Carpets are being cleaned in two weeks and we are getting a new couch then also.

Just gotta work on the bathroom, get the swing set up and the car cleaned out and I think we are set.

May 6th, 2013, 01:13 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our house is a mess. We need to get organized and get stuff moved around before we can really deep clean. I hate cleaning, but I know it needs to be done. I'm hoping that I'll get some nesting motivation soon and maybe I can get some things done!
May 6th, 2013, 04:48 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
My parents kept asking what they could get for the baby, and I finally told them a housekeeper. And they did it!! Lol. They've agreed to cover the first year.
It's really not that expensive when you think about what other things you spend money on. She comes every other week and its sooooo worth it. I would rather have her than cable. Or eating out a couple times a month. Or any other number of things that cost around 130 a month.
dmreed32 likes this.
May 6th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I do the majority of the cleaning. It takes me about twice as long now. I cleaned the downstairs last Tuesday but with 3 kids and a husband, it just doesn't look like it now. I want my carpets cleaned before the baby arrives too. My husband was trying to help clean the upstairs bathrooms but I guess he didn't think showers were part if the bathrooms. Ugh! At least he was trying to help!
May 6th, 2013, 10:59 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Our house ... *sigh* It's such a cluttered mess right now. Every time I feel like I make a little bit of headway, my children come home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search