Just yesterday I was complaining about DH...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By kit.kat.81

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday. DH is dealing with really bad allergies, and he was so congested that his snoring was keeping me wide awake all night, even though I was sleeping with earplugs. I woke up super early and super cranky and it threw my whole day off. It seemed like everything he did yesterday was to deliberately tick me off (obviously he wasn't trying to, I was just over sensitive). I got a lot more sleep last night - not sure if he snored less or I was just too exhausted to notice - and my mood was better today. But even though my mood was better, today was a really rough pregnancy day. Everything aches, and I've felt nauseous all day, and I'm completely uncomfortable. To top it all off, I tripped and smashed my pinky toe into a door frame and I'm pretty sure I broke it. Agony.

Anyways, making dinner was tough for me tonight. I got overheated standing at the stove, and felt sick to my stomach, and the baby keeps pressing on that nerve that sends a sharp ache through my groin and down my leg and takes my breath away. By the time we all sat down to dinner, I didn't even want to eat. Half way through dinner, DH said to me, "I think we've reached the point where I need to take over the grocery shopping and the cooking."

o.m.g.

That's an option?!

It didn't even occur to me to ask him to do those things for me. He works hard and has a long commute and on the weekends he does the laundry so that I don't have to carry all that heavy stuff up and down three flights of stairs...He does so much for me already. I'm a stay at home mom, so with him already doing the laundry and most of the cleaning, grocery shopping and cooking are the only things that I do at this point...and yet he's willing to take those on as well.

This pregnancy has been so much harder on me than my first. With my first I worked right up until I went into labour, I cooked, I cleaned, I did everything I normally would. But this time around, I've been sick and exhausted and uncomfortable and in pain. I'm in the homestretch now (36 weeks tomorrow) and I honestly cannot WAIT for it to be over. I never felt that way with my first.

When DH offered to do the shopping and cooking, I literally burst into tears. He's such a good guy, and he does so, so much for us. He HATES the grocery store (it's always crazy busy and full of oblivious rude people) and he never, ever cooks. I'm not entirely sure I'll take him up on his offer...I'd feel bad asking him to do more than he already does. But I know that he's willing to do it if it gets to the point where I just can't. This may not seem like a huge deal to some people whose husbands already help out with those things, but the fact that he'd offer to take on the two chores I know he hates most, means the world to me. It's his way of showing how much he loves me.

Anyways. long post that boils down to the fact that I have an amazing husband and I love him so much...even if these crazy pregnancy hormones turn me into an ungrateful witch sometimes.
MrsLat and sunnydaze like this.

May 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol oh I ***** about my DH as well sometimes but mines a good guy too and he has done a ton of cooking and Clea king and shopping since I got pregnant. You may feel bad about it but dang girl take advantage of some help!!!
I used to feel bad about having my DH cook and clean after he worked a full day at work but after a day where I just broke down like you did today while I was preg with DD til he sat me down and said it was his way of helping me since he was so helpless watching me have to be sick and in pain etc toward the end of pregnancy knowing I was gonna give birth soon (he had a good idea of what to expect then I was clueless) He also said when men offer to do things like that cooking/cleaning/shopping. That's there way of trying to be romantic to show that they love you. And he basically said when he offered to help to let him. So since your DH has kindly and romaticly offered to help you do these things even after working a long day...let the man help!
sunnydaze likes this.

May 5th, 2013, 06:23 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to let go of one household chore that I'm pretty particular about: laundry. I hate the way DH does it, but he knows that with my swelling and increased blood pressure that toting heavy hampers up and down the stairs isn't the greatest for me. I got home from work on Friday and he had all of the laundry done and folded, and even did it better than he used to (he used to cram so much into the washer that the clothes didn't even clean. I took over laundry duty shortly after we got together). I thought I would be upset about it, but it was really such a relief to have one less thing to worry about. In a way, I think it's a pride thing for a man to take care of their SO while they are carrying their child. I could tell that DH was so happy to see look of relief when I realized I didn't have to do laundry after working all day.

May 6th, 2013, 07:09 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sweet of him! Sounds like he loves you a lot.

May 6th, 2013, 09:28 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Thats awesome hun! Its always nice to have a great person by your side especially as the pregnancy comes to an end!

May 6th, 2013, 11:16 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Aw! What a sweetie!

What if you ask him to do some cooking on a weekend afternoon and have him make a few make-ahead meals, like lasagna, casserole, soup, etc that you can just stick in the oven during the week? That way he doesn't have to do too much on workdays and it makes getting dinner ready very easy and more doable for you.
Joanne Nicole likes this.

May 6th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is really nice of him...if you don't take him up on the offer I sure will Send him on over to my house!!! LOL

May 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That is really sweet of him!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search