Breast pump

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning ladies,

I had issues with bfing with my two older kids and want to be prepared for this one. Which breast pump are you getting? I need suggestions please

Thanks and do have a great day!
May 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My insurance offers a Breast Pump within 60 days of birth but there are only 3 it will offer and after doing research and looking at reviews, I think I am going to go with this one
Amazon.com: Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump - Carry All: Baby

May 6th, 2013, 09:09 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I HIGHLY recommend the Medela Freestyle. I exclusively pumped with DD and I wouldn't have been able to do it without this pump. I had the Pump in Style advanced for the first two months and when it broke, I upgraded to the Freestyle. Sooooo glad that happened. I got more milk in less time and it was nice no having to be strapped to a bag or worry about being plugged in. (The Pump in Style Advanced has a place for batteries, but I tried it and the batteries lasted one pump. The Freestyle has a rechargeable battery pack that can last for a full day of pumping at my intensity.) The pump unit is small and portable. It is pricey, but worth every penny. I used it 8-10 times a day for 6 months and it still worked like it was brand new. I will be using it again with this baby.

May 6th, 2013, 09:37 AM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
I LOVED my Medela Freestyle!! I used it with all 3 of my previous children. I am currently using a Pump in Style to help induce lactation and its good.. but I miss my Freestyle! I was able to feed DD2 out of the freezer for 6 months after she weaned (at 14 months) b/c of how much I was able to pump with the Freestyle.

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
May 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My insurance only offers a few pumps, none of them the most commonly heard of ones. I have put in an order for a Lansinoh pump, because of of the ones offered it sounded the best and is supposed to be covered at 100%: Amazon.com: Lansinoh Affinity Double Electric Breast Pump, Lavender: Baby

However, I have a "baby savings" account started, and if that pump turns out to be crap, I should have the money put away for the Medela that I wanted to get.
May 6th, 2013, 01:12 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've used the Ameda Purely Yours and the Medela Pump In Style with success. The PIS was a little more uncomfortable on my nipples than the Ameda was, but I didn't pump all that often when I had the PIS so it was bearable. I have also used just a basic single manual pump before. Abri was 18 months and still nursing twice a day and I forgot my pump on a weekend away. I wasn't ready to wean, so I stopped at Target and just picked a random manual to use. It was pretty decent considering. I'll probably use it again if I need to pump in the car or something random like that without really needing to lug around an entire bag
May 6th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the Pump In Style Advanced. I used it when I went back to work after having DD and it did just fine for me. I have the car adapter, the battery pack, and the regular plug for it so that I can pump anywhere I need to! LOL! I also have the Medela Harmony manual pump, which is nice for more discreet pumping (like when DH and I go to a concert in August...).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search