Waxing?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 3 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone gotten waxed before? Going to before baby comes.

It getting more difficult to shave my legs and other areas. Was considering getting waxed. How long will it last? Opinions?
May 6th, 2013, 12:31 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I haven't I just enlist the hubby.
bobbiejo1982 likes this.

May 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I wax religiously every 4 weeks! It really depends on your hair growth, how fast it will grow back. When I worked in the salon... some of my clients would go 6 weeks without coming back, others only two.
If you have really sensitive skin or are scared of reaction due to crazy pregnancy hormones, request hard wax only or sugaring when/if you go on anything other than your legs! Legs should be find with the soft wax and paper, but sugaring works great for them too!
I love waxing... I'd be one hairy woman without it.
May 6th, 2013, 01:55 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I haven't I just enlist the hubby.
You are one brave woman! I wouldn't let my DH get within 10 feet of that area with a razor.
Karen78, Karen78 and bobbiejo1982 like this.
May 6th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemommy View Post
I wax religiously every 4 weeks! It really depends on your hair growth, how fast it will grow back. When I worked in the salon... some of my clients would go 6 weeks without coming back, others only two.
If you have really sensitive skin or are scared of reaction due to crazy pregnancy hormones, request hard wax only or sugaring when/if you go on anything other than your legs! Legs should be find with the soft wax and paper, but sugaring works great for them too!
I love waxing... I'd be one hairy woman without it.

I think i am going to do just the legs first and see how i react. I would love a brazilian but just unsure. To you is it worth the money to keep going? I just can't stand stubble lol
May 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
He's actually quite good at it, plus he doesn't get super close and mostly just cleans it up.

May 6th, 2013, 03:37 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't shave because I get crazy ingrown hairs. Waxing down there scares me. I trim with an electric trimmer. It gets pretty close without causing all the bumps. I am pretty much going by feel at this point. I can, however, still shave my legs okay.

May 6th, 2013, 05:12 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I didn't wax down there for baby, but I did for my wedding...and OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I will never do it again. And that is that.

Now, I don't even flinch when I get my eyebrows and face waxed lol but boy, oh, boy was the other a different story!!

May 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribugg13 View Post
I didn't wax down there for baby, but I did for my wedding...and OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I will never do it again. And that is that.

Now, I don't even flinch when I get my eyebrows and face waxed lol but boy, oh, boy was the other a different story!!

YOKES! that doesn't sound fun. I so want to but am scared. think I'll just try the legs first.
May 7th, 2013, 03:04 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TMI, but I gave up shaving down there a while ago. SO doesn't care and honestly at this point I don't either. Somehow I doubt how much hair I have is not going to be the topic of conversation when I'm in labor. As for my legs, I can still get to them. SO says he'll help me when I need it, though, and I trust him to do a good job. As for waxing, my skin is too sensitive and I know I'd have one hell of a time! I hear good things about it, though.

May 7th, 2013, 06:06 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can still shave my legs and down there thankfully...I just do it blind.

May 7th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't shave anywhere normally. I use an epilator on my legs and underarms, and get a brazillian wax every 4 weeks. Been doing it for years - I've always gotten really bad ingrown hairs when I shave, and honestly waxing/epilating doesn't hurt. The first time there were a few "owww" moments, but as long as you keep doing it, the hair doesn't get a deep seated root when it grows back and it comes out a lot easier.

But since getting pregnant, my skin is crazy sensitive. I haven't been able to epilate or wax. I've resorted to shaving my legs, and just letting the brazillian area go completely feral, lol. I was hardly shaving my legs more than once every couple of weeks, but now that it's warm enough for dresses and shorts I'll probably start shaving at least once a week. As far as the other area...DH hasn't shown any interest in going anywhere near there since January...so I'm not terribly fussed that it looks like a jungle.

I'm really hoping that my skin goes back to normal after the baby comes and I can go back to my normal routine.

Funny side note - with my last pregnancy, I didn't have this sensitive skin issue, and I was able to get a brazillian just two weeks before giving birth. My mother showed up unexpectedly and stayed for the main event...needless to say she was absolutely shocked when she saw my lack of hair down there. She actually asked me, during labour, what happened to all my hair! So embarrassing. I don't think she'd ever even heard of a brazillian wax!
MrsLat likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 06:25 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
These days, I just blindly swipe and hope I don't see blood.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search