Long overdue update

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I attempted to update everyone late last week but I was on my ipad and accidentally erased the whole post and was so angry I just didn't post anything at all.

I had my 32 week check up & u/s almost 2 weeks ago April 24. Babies are doing great as of almost 2 weeks ago Baby A was 3lbs10oz & Baby B was 4lbs7oz. Most measured exactly the same on everything except Baby B has a fat tummy! They say it is fine bc Baby A is a normal size. With Baby A having the 2 cord vessel and my massive fibroid right over the placenta the high risk dr. said it could be causing it not to get as much nutrition as Baby B but no worries for now. Both babies are head down and in position
The High risk docs think I have a really good chance going til 37-38 weeks(full term for twins)

I met with a new dr bc mine was out and she was super cool and answered all the questions I had. Basically me freaking out bc I feel like I cannot have a birth plan and I have no idea what to expect. She gave me about every scenario that could happen and with each one exactly what would happen(I could write a whole post on the different senarios) I started crying bc the realization that hey this may not be a easy birth and things may come up was hard to be hit in the face with however I am grateful to know what I may be up against. She explained breech extraction very well if it is needed. Made me feel okay that I HAVE to deliver in the OR... I do NOT have a choice by the way, the good thing I will get to labor in the sweet L&D rooms but as soon as it is time to push off to OR I go. She said basically if something were to happen they only have minutes before it could be fatal and there is just not time if I am in a regular room and with there being far more risks with twins they require it. She said that the bed is the same as L&D except it converts very quickly and they will have everything set up for emergency c section if needed.

I asked about delayed cord clamping and I was told that with Baby A it really cannot happen bc they need to be ready for baby B, but depending on the situation with baby B it may be able to be done.

I also asked about inducing because at the time of appointment the high risk docs seemed to think these babies were good to go until term possibly. She said that I don't have to do anything I don't want to however they do not like to see twins go past 38 weeks bc the risk of complications and the babies not making it significantly rises after 38 weeks. I had no clue about this she said they would let me go up to 29 weeks with strict monitoring if I want to but at 39 weeks they would induce.
So that brought up the concern about how I do not want to Pitocin and I was told they could also just break a water to try to jump start instead of Pitocin which I was okay with.

All in all it was a great appointment. I start my weekly non stress tests appointments this week on Wednesday. So I will have an hour worth of NST then a check up then next 2 weeks and then if I make it to May 23th I will have another u/s & NST. We shall see.

Ok so enough about the babies.

We went to the Dells April 27-29 it was fun and tiring! We went to an illusion show the 1st night which was cool but cheesy and the guy was a SUPER creeper like the type I would not let near any of my kids...oh dear! The next day We went mini golfing and to Ripley's believe it or not the next day afternoon and then had a nap and then went to the water park in the hotel(btw ripleys was not worth it). We ate tons and tons of food!

Feasting at Famous Dave's!

In Ripley's, Kiley was a bit scared.

Kiley looking for geocaches lol!

Dh and dd relaxing at dinner after a long day.

Bhahahahahah!! I could not resist...this guys came in to the restaurant and he was a little biz in the front and a whole lot of party in the back!!

The last day we ate a really good breakfast and hit the road back home. We stopped on the way and bought a minivan! Kinda random but it was the best transaction I have ever done so smooth. I did not get a Honda bc simply I had been looking for a few months and could not find one we could afford with the miles & features I wanted. My hubby said if I didn't get a van that when I went into labor he was going to the Dodge dealership and picking one out himself. So I went on cars.com found a dodge I liked and we went and bought it. I am now the proud new owner of a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T. The sales guy even transferred ALL out stuff from out trip to the new van along with all my crap I had in all the little cubbies which was a lot!

My new spaceship! Maximum Steel is the exterior color with black leather seats

Last edited by crawmommy; May 6th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
May 6th, 2013, 02:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It sounds like everything is going very well Hun! Yay!

May 6th, 2013, 02:34 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of great news! Glad to hear things are going well.

May 6th, 2013, 02:42 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear that everything is going okay for now and that the doctor explained everything--even if some of it was difficult to hear.

Congrats on the new minivan. I am jealous! We are going to be packing three carseats into our car until DH finishes school in August! That is gonna be tons of fun for us... NOT.

Hoping everything goes perfectly for you in these last few weeks with an uncomplicated birth!

May 6th, 2013, 05:19 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad things are going well! And the mullet picture cracked me up. We are a family of mullet hunters. We even have a game when we are somewhere we see many (best place to play is Hershey Park, PA).

May 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great update! Glad both babies are doing well. I understand it is hard to hear that the birth may not be what you wanted, but it sounds like your doc has the babies and your bedt interest.

Kat
May 6th, 2013, 07:04 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad the babies are doing well and yay on the good trip and new vehicle LOL@ mullet guy.
As far as the delivery of the babies just remember things may be different than what you usually would prefer on how things are done but remember....the main thing matters is that BOTH come out safe and sound.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search