Rebecca (8miraclez) Update. Big update post 50!!!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Rochelle
I'm trying to understand as I don't have a FB of my own and have only seen the "eighth miracle" community page from my mom's profile but does this mean she did in fact deliver yesterday? Was she under general anesthesia or what bc she must have seen the baby by now. Any word at all about the baby and how she's doing?
May 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She JUST posted an update on FB!!! Born yesterday, 5lb 14oz. No other info, but she did post a pic. What a cutie!

May 8th, 2013, 05:53 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rochelle....she had a C section and was given magnesium for her blood pressure spiking as she got pre-eclampsia. mag can make you very very sick. I seen how sick it made my friend when she had pre-e with her first and she couldn't get out of bed for a few days. Also little Jocelyn is very sick so she was probably rushed to the NICU and possibly underwent surgery etc.

May 8th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Rochelle
Thanks Karry. I just looked and she is so cute! And a good weight for that age too. I hope any surgeries she needs are minimal and that Rebecca feels better soon from that Mag. I never knew that about high BP.
May 9th, 2013, 05:16 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's so beautiful! I don't know what I was expecting, but other than all the tubes she's attached to, she looks so strong and healthy. It really is a miracle that she was able to carry her to 33 weeks and she was born at a good weight!

May 9th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Super Mommy
Good to hear that they are stable and are hopefully doing better today! My niece was born with her intestines on the outside of her body and she's no different from any other three year old, hopefully little Jocelyn will do just as well!
May 9th, 2013, 06:46 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh I get so emotional every time I see pics or updates of that little one and I cry...mostly cause she is defying drs she's so strong and she's fighting; she's a warrior princess. Rebecca updated again this morning and posted a new pic of Jocelyn. I'm sure Lyndsay will copy and paste the update in here (I can't from my phone). Rebecca did ask that we continue our prayers for little Jocelyn as she does still have a long road in front of her.

May 9th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Jocelyn looks great! What adorable chubby cheeks she has. Keeping them in my thoughts as they figure out what their course of treatment for her

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I have been facebook stalking her, and just saw this post on here. The update is really amazing. I'm so happy for her...and she is BEAUTIFUL!

*Amanda*

May 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Big update on baby Jocelyn!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep everyone in the loop and answer individual questions. I have been very sick with severe pre-eclampsia and then had a severe hypoglycemic episode where I couldn't move and was slurring my words when I tried to talk so on top of a c-section, I'm also recovering from that.
I'm going to update a little backwards and tell how Jocelyn (JC) is doing, then later I'll tell her birth story.
I saw Jocelyn yesterday and was able to go with her for a dye study where they put dye up and follow it to see where everything is going. She did well and is stable. She is breathing room air which I was so happy about. She is like a puzzle and no one is sure what the picture is or if we have the right parts of it.
We met with a couple of the surgeons who will be taking care of her and learned that she definitely has OEIS complex or cloacle extrophy but that her bladder partially closed and has a layer of skin over it so they aren't as concerned as they would be with it completely open. She also has a mylomeningocele and hip dysplasia but she is moving her legs and responds to touch. They are going to do an MRI on her today to look at that. They are talking about doing a colostomy on Friday and closing the omphalocele which is much smaller than they thought from ultrasounds and may not have the liver involved after all.
She has a lot of edema and they are saying both kidneys are swollen so although it was bad for me, it was really a good thing for her to be born early. They are saying everything is as formed as it could have been and she's acting like she's full term.
She looks just like her siblings and looks identical to one of my kids that also had edema.
She is so sweet and I was able to just stand with my hand on her which made the huge walk over there SO worth it.
I will hopefully hear more news today and they may release me tomorrow so I don't know how much updating I'll do. I'm doing everything from my phone.
She really is a miracle. I'm still in shock that she is here after the doctors telling me it would be a miracle if she survived until birth. It just shows the power of prayer. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and please keep praying for her. We still have a very bumpy long road ahead of us.
luvHim, zkat, Karen78 and 5 others like this.

May 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
i don't know her hardly at all even though i have been following her story, so I didn't want to copy and paste her update - but her new update looks amazing....seems as though things are going okay for them as of right now....yay for the power of prayer! I'm so happy to see it!

*Amanda*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search