People are jerks! Ughhh.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MissyBee
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 08:10 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, my husband works in a bar 3-4 nights a week. He has worked there for at least 5 years, if not longer. When he started there, he had the crappy day shifts, the slow week night shifts, and he worked hard and stuck around and ended up with the "good" shifts on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as one or two nights a week. So, he's working tonight and he calls me to tell me that when he asked his boss if he could go back to Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights like he had been doing (he got put on Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday for the last few weeks), so that we could have more nights to get things done, his boss told him he needed to talk to him about the schedule. So, his boss ends up coming in and tells him that he and the "big boss" (guy that owns the bar) had been talking and that the owner was concerned that he couldn't keep up with the other guy he works with on the weekends with taking out the trash and so he was going to move him to Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday nights. Which is completely ridiculous. He's trying to get him to quit. The owner never would have said that, because he likes my husband and my husband works hard and it isn't even the truth. He's been carrying trash cans that weigh more than he does for years and now his shoulder is messed up, yet he has kept working and carrying them. The manager is new and is trying to bring in all his friends from the last bar he managed (which is owned by the same person, so he can). He's fired several people that had been working there, just to bring in his friends. And he's doing things like this to make people quit. It's completely unfair and wrong and ridiculous.

I don't know what to tell my husband because I can tell he is mad and upset and I know that he wants to quit now (he's hated working there for a while, but especially when they changed the manager - but he makes good money, so he stayed), but I know he's worried about us having money for the baby. His manager knows we're expecting and is just being a jerk. Part of me wants to tell him to quit and that we will be ok for a few months while we figure it out. But, I feel like if he quits then his manager wins. Because that's what he wants him to do. And, I feel like maybe he should keep working until we figure something else out. I just don't know what to do and I'm upset for my husband because he works hard and puts up with a lot of crap there. I want to cry and I know it's coming, but it hasn't started yet. This is just such bad timing because I just stopped working (not that I made that much), but we don't need to go too long with only one income or zero income. Ughhh, I hate people like that!!!
May 7th, 2013, 08:15 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! People do suck! My DH just lost his job because my own cousin fired him over the fact that she was jealous of what we have and the fact that she was worried my DH would take her job. And she knew we are expecting and that DH is our only income. So I totally feel you! Maybe your DH should start looking for something better in the meantime.

May 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Your situation is even worse than this bc it's your cousin! And bc he actually got fired! I mean, my husband still has a job, but I feel like it's only a matter of time now before he would cut him down to no shifts (that's been his way if doing it, just stopping putting people on the schedule rather than actually telling them). It's just stupid. And I just feel bad for my husband bc I know he's having to suck it up and work all night while he's mad and upset. I just want to get in the car and go there and hug him or something!

Mean people just suck!!
MamaSkunk likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Rochelle
I know the feeling, DH's job is always trying to get him to quit bc he doesn't brown-nose and clown around. He's there to do his job and that's it. It's so frustrating bc he too makes good money there and they know we're expecting again. I despise them! I hope something happens to make things easier for you guys.
May 7th, 2013, 08:34 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really do dislike mean people as well. I wish people could just be honest and be kind to each other. And I wish that more people knew how to use manners nowadays. I had a boss once do the exact same thing....just stop putting me on the schedule. And I wanted to say hey at least have the decency to fire me. I was picking up shifts to try and make ends meet before they finally said oh hey you can't do that anymore. Ugh. Like I said have him start putting in apps elsewhere especially if the new manager is such a chicken that he can't be honest and upfront when firing people. Gut instincts are usually right so don't ignore it.

May 7th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks. I'm going to talk to the lady that I just recently quit working for tomorrow. Her husband is the son of the man that owns the bar. I'm just going to ask her if he's heard his dad say anything like that about my husband. I don't think there is really anything they can do, but they know my husband works hard and maybe he could talk to his dad. Because if the manager is telling people that the owner is the one saying this stuff, etc and he's actually making it up, then maybe he would get in trouble instead. I dunno.
May 7th, 2013, 11:32 PM
So, my husband just called me & he found out that his manager's best friend (who worked at the manager's last bar - the one owned by the same guy) is getting ready to transfer over to the bar where my husband works - most likely being the person taking his shifts. He's not supposed to be bringing his friends over! And then blaming it on the owner saying it's his idea because my husband can't keep up!? What the heck. If you asked any of the people he works with, they would tell you he works harder than anyone else. I think he's going to try and meet with the owner because if his manager is lying about his reasons for things, that is not cool or ok at all. Bahhhhh, mean people.
May 8th, 2013, 05:29 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would tell him to talk to the owner in person and see what is actually going on. Other than that, there's not much he can do. Which sucks big time! I wish people in management were more professional, but they're generally the ones that are the least professional. It shouldn't work that way. I'm really sorry he's being such a douche and I hope it gets sorted out!

May 8th, 2013, 05:35 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope he can talk to the owner and get it all straightened out. If I were the owner, that manager would be canned so fast... It is definitely dangerous to have a manager who lies. I hope it all gets worked out soon!
TeresaV likes this.

May 8th, 2013, 06:05 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, what a frustrating situation! Like Karen said, if they choose to keep on a manager who is dishonest like this guy is, it will come back and bite them in the ***** sooner or later. It always does. I'm sorry you're having to go through that, especially now.

May 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
UGH That sucks what they are doing to him. I think he should talke to the owner liek the ladies said. i think he sohould keep working so you guys have income but definatly try hard to find a different job, maybe he can find something else and then he can quit.

My So works for a company that treats him like **** so i know the feeling but he keeps going for income.

I hope he find something else. That is just a bad situation with the manager bringing friends in GRRR
May 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would be having your husband talk to the owner, this is uncalled for. Huge hugs hun!

May 9th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Complete horrible situation. You don't need the added stress. I would only suggest what was mentioned earlier and that's to have him talk to "the big boss", the owner. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Please keep us updated!
May 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I hate to hear about stuff like this! it is ridiculous and stressful! People can be so mean. Sorry you guys are going through this ...

May 9th, 2013, 11:07 PM
He's going to try to talk to the owners tomorrow. He doesn't know what his schedule is for next week (if he even got put on the schedule), but someone told him the manager has his friend he's bringing in working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. It's incredibly dumb and wrong!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search