What does it feel like when your water starts to break? TMI

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So tonight I sat down to eat dinner and I felt like I peed my pants...more than a tinkle but not like relieving your bladder. So I went to the bathroom and it didn't smell like pee and it wasn't as thick as discharge so I don't know if my water started to break or leak or if it was just increased discharge. So of course i had to change my panties and then a few minutes later i had just a little tinkle of whatever it was again but then I haven't had anything since....SO confused!

I have an appt @830 tomorrow morning so I will be addressing it then.

Needless to say I freaked out a bit and after dd swim class I frantically cleaned up my house did a bunch of laundry and started cracking the whip on the baby laundry and started getting my bag ready. I want to make sure I have it ready in case they keep me or something tomorrow..
I AM FREAKING OUT BIG TIME!!

May 7th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooo! Exciting!

I'd be standing over a towel in the bathroom with legs spread wide open and seeing if there is any kind of a "flow" and if I could stop it by doing kegel exercises.

Drink LOOOOOTS of water tonight!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 7th, 2013, 09:14 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea since I'm a first time mom, but keep us posted!!!
May 7th, 2013, 09:18 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When my water broke with my last pregnancy it was kind of like that... just a trickle that didn't stop. Not a gush.

KUP on how it goes tomorrow! Did they tell you to call the doc on call or go into L&D if you thought your water had broken?

May 7th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my I'm trying to keep these babies in not jump start things. I figure if it happens again I will call. but yes I am drinking lots of water I have been the last few days.

May 7th, 2013, 09:32 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's exactly what it feels like. It just keeps trickling. Oh boy. Glad you have an appt in the morning at least. If you do have to go in you better text me Melissa!!!

May 7th, 2013, 09:39 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced last time and most likely will again this time and dr broke my water

May 7th, 2013, 09:48 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I had that happen with David and it was not my water. Huge hugs Hun! Thinking about you.

May 8th, 2013, 12:30 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I hope it was just pee haha. Glad you have an appointment in a few hours. Good luck!

May 8th, 2013, 03:47 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Mine broke and I felt and heard a small pop and it gushed. Trickling can happen though. I think a good way to judge is to change panties when it happens so you know how long it takes to soak through underwear and how often you need to change. Definitely mention it at your appointment today though
May 8th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreed32 View Post
I hope it was just pee haha. Glad you have an appointment in a few hours. Good luck!
I hope it was just pee too...lol! How often do we wish we peed out pants...baaahaaaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
That's exactly what it feels like. It just keeps trickling. Oh boy. Glad you have an appt in the morning at least. If you do have to go in you better text me Melissa!!!
Karry my dr appts are at the hospital so if something is happening they just have me walk over
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 8th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
KUP

May 8th, 2013, 04:45 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Ooh, thinking of you this morning!
May 8th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Super Mommy
with my first, my water broke just like that...felt kind of like i peed my pants but i didnt. then every half hour or so more would gush out but they were small gushes. my sil was in town and she had just had a baby...she gave me one of his diapers to use as a pad haha and i was on my way to the hospital. once there the nurse officially broke my water and a huge gush came out. i was positive for group b strep so as soon as my water broke i needed to be on the antibiotic and in the hospital. good luck! keep us posted
May 8th, 2013, 05:19 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
KUP! I'm a first timer so no advice, sorry! Good luck though!

May 8th, 2013, 05:38 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was just like that. I thought it was my water, but not sure. I called the dr, they had me come in to check, confirmed it was in fact my water, and send me straight to the hospital. Good luck! I hope it's not for you and that those babies keep cooking a bit longer! KUP!

May 8th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was laying on the couch and I suddenly felt very strange and I felt like (TMI) a big bubble was coming out haha and then suddenly a big gush. It leaked continuously after that until the next day when I went to the hospital. Hope your appt goes well!!!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 8th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Rochelle
Hope everything is going well. I'll be stalking!
May 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When mine broke, it was a pop and a gush too. Maybe TMI, but I noticed it smelled like semen...don't know if you sniffed it tho.
May 8th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Veteran
when my water broke with my daughter it was the middle of the night and it wasn't an explosion but it was like I peed my pants and couldn't stop peeing.. it was like a flow of pee but it was not pee and I knew it wasn't pee because I would try to tighten up and it wouldn't stop coming.. I mean it just kept coming it wasn't a trickle.. it wasn't a gusher but it kept coming out in a stream like pee so I dunno... lol omg I am so excited keep us posted!!

oh ya and it was clear and watery-ish and like another said, was smelling salty/semen-ish LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search