Must stop researching............

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I've been reading a lot about low fluid levels and stuff related to it and keep coming across woman who have been told by their ob that if their level got below 6 then they would have to deliver for the safety of the baby. My level was at 7 yesterday and I have another check on Monday. I know I should stop reading up but its making me nervous since I'll only be 33 weeks on tuesday. I'm terrified of him ending up in the NICU
May 9th, 2013, 08:11 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I know its really hard to not stress about it, but everything will be okay. Even if you do deliver early. Just hang in there and try not to do so much research.

*Amanda*

May 9th, 2013, 08:51 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband forbid me to google low fluid. I did worse, I googled risks of being born at 34 weeks :/ - don't do that either!

There is a mom in Bourne's PR. Her water broke at 26 weeks and she was on hospital bed rest until 34 weeks when she delivered. She told me her fluid fluctuated anywhere from 1 - 7 and Isa is perfectly healthy. That made me feel a teeny, tiny bit better. Isa was in the NICU for 3 weeks as a "grower and feeder". She said she had a friend that delivered a year later at 34.5 and her daughter was only in for 1 week.

Big Hugs! I am here anytime you want to talk/vent/stress etc.
May 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Step away from Dr. google my dear! Love you!

May 9th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Google is the DEVIL! You'll always read about the most horrific terrifying experiences that are generally NOT likely going to occur. If you trust your doctor (and i'm sure you do) trust in the fact that your going to get the best care possible for you and the baby even if he does have to be born a little bit early. Hope you are able to not stress too much over the next couple of days

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 9th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I 2nd the stay away from google motion!!!

May 9th, 2013, 10:24 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I googled about the pain in my lower right side while pregnant...I came up with hernias and messed up placentas and all that jazz, when in reality I'm pretty sure it's the same muscle I pulled in my second trimester getting out of bed one morning. My point is...chances are things will be just fine! Like someone else said, google will give you every horrifying image that has ever been posted ANYWHERE about anything even remotely similar to your search. My nephew was born at 28 weeks, granted he spent a month in NICU, but only because he needed to grow. Didn't need a feeding tube, didn't need a cpap or bipap, none of it. He's a happy, healthy, energetic 9 year old today.

Your doctor knows best and it sounds like they're going to keep an eye on it. It's easier said than done, but step away from google and go put your feet up.
*hugs*

May 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I stopped googling. I'm a little nervous about his lack of movement so I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor to see if it could be a result of the low fluid. Other then that I am just trying to drink more water. Tried eating lunch but started feeling sick to my stomach so that was a fail. Trying to take it easy.
May 9th, 2013, 01:59 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have tortured myself Googling high blood pressure and pre-e. I vowed to stop. You should too.

May 9th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This may be a dumb question but...How do you gauge fluid levels?

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search