Getting a little nervous... *UPDATE*

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we have everything for Aidan that we need except for his car seat. SO's mom is supposed to be buying it but she "keeps forgetting" to order it. I'm trying not to freak out but it's one of those things that we HAVE to have. When I said something to SO about it the other day, he said that if she said she'll get it then she will. But seriously I have 4 weeks until my due date and we all know he could come any day between now and then. Should I say something else to SO or just leave it alone and hope for the best?

Update:
I talked to SO about it a little and he called his mom. She is going to order it this weekend and just have it shipped directly to our house!!! Soooo relieved!

#1, 4, 5, 7

Last edited by Mom2LillieAidan; May 10th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
May 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes. This is a tough one. I'd be freaking out a bit. Especially since she keeps saying she's going to do it and hasn't. maybe give her a few more days and ask again? It's something you HAVE to have, it's not like a diaper bag where you can just throw stuff in a big purse or something until it arrives. I hope she gets to it ASAP!

May 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
A carseat isn't something I'd mess around with. You have to have one, easy as that. At our hospital we can get a free carseat and just pay for the base, so we have that option if we don't have a seat (we already bought one). I'd say something once more, but then plan on getting it yourself after that, just in case.
May 9th, 2013, 06:16 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're in the same situation. DH's parents want to buy our seat but keep forgetting. I feel like a jerk for bringing it up. Luckily we have a back-up, but I'm not too keen on using it because it was given to us by a friend and you're not supposed to use used seats (holy redundant sentence, lol!) It'll do in case I go into labor early, I guess.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

May 9th, 2013, 06:20 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooh, that's a tough one. Maybe buy a seat and keep it in the box. If you end up going having the baby before you get the one you were promised you have something to use. Otherwise, you can return it.

May 9th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would def. start bugging about it, or buy one yourself. I don't know how you've made it this long without going all crazy on your SO and his mom, especially since you really can have this baby pretty much any time. I would say give them another day, and then really start in on them. Or what Teresa said, buy one and keep it in the box just to have peace of mind.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 9th, 2013, 06:45 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely say something. Could you offer to go shopping together? Or if she says she is going to order it online, could you suggest you do it together next time you see her? Or offer to order it yourself and she could just write you a check? (I wouldn't suggest this, except this is actually what my MIL prefers. She is happy to write the check but too lazy to do anything to actually get anything. She paid for our nursery chairs for both babies. She told us to pick what we wanted up to a certain amount, order it, and just tell her how much.) The previous suggestion of buying one and keeping it in the box is probably the best idea if none of these would be an option. You definitely can't bring your baby home without a car seat.

May 9th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Well I really don't think SO will want to go ahead and buy a "just in case" seat and, like Danielle, I feel like a total jerk bringing it up. I know his mom is having problems at work (her boss is a douche and she's looking for another job) so I'm sure that's stressing her out and she's more focused on that than baby stuff. She seems to forget how close it is because she asks me how many weeks I am every time we see her. But that's another post for another day. (Honestly I feel as tho she was more excited about SO's cousin's baby than ours).
I don't want to bring it up to SO again yet either because I don't want to seem selfish, even tho we NEED a car seat. Our hospital won't even let baby leave if they're not strapped in to a seat prior to departure. I'm at a loss. It's the biggest thing stressing me out.

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If it were me I would just go buy one that way if she buys it great if not you already have one...but I don't like to wait on people.
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Updated

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
glad that it will be ordered this weekend and shipped directly to you! That's a huge relief I'm sure!

*Amanda*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search