Mother's Day..

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is in just two days. So I'm here to say: Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely ladies!

Has anyone gotten an early Mother's Day gift?

SO and I went yesterday and picked out Mother's Day gift.. I'm getting a 2013 Chevy Equinox!!! We are going to get it next week but omg I am sooooooooo excited! My car is giving us all sorts of problems lately (oil leak, running hot/possibly leaking coolant, AC barely working, etc) so this was a necessity.

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 10th, 2013, 09:37 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Well, we got a van on Wednesday. It's older, but our car was just not going to work for three kids.

And then I had ordered myself a photo mug because I had coupon to get it "free", and since it got here fast I decided to just have DH wrap it to give me from our boys. Otherwise he tends to go overboard and we just don't have the money for that right now, especially after buying the van.

I figure if DH will help clean the house the weekend, that'll be my gift from him
May 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We are broke so nothing for me. But David did make a cute clay mouse and an adorable card for me and thats enough.

May 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
DD made a really sweet poem/handprints thing to hang on the wall for me at school. It even came wrapped it was so cute. Other than that I hope DH gets me nothing because I'd rather not spend the money!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 10th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has been dropping cryptic hints about a gift that is proving difficult to get and that he's enlisted the help of a few co-workers. I have no idea. I'm not getting my hopes up too much because as much as I love DH, he's really bad at gift giving, unless I tell him exactly what I want. I always appreciate the thought, but the gifts usually make me wonder what he was thinking.

DD brought home a "poem" from school for me as a gift. Basically it's just a list of reasons she loves me, but she called it a poem, and I love it .

I Love My Mommy Because... - By Fiona

She cooks yummy food
Goes grocery shopping
Plays robots and under the ocean with me
Takes me to the park
Takes me to restaurants
Makes me hot dogs
Reads me stories
Bakes cookies
Tucks me into bed
Plants flowers with me
Gives me hugs
Gives me kisses
I love my mommy

Mom2LillieAidan likes this.

May 10th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That poem is so sweet Joanne.

SO told me yesterday that he was planning on buying a ring and proposing but when my ex came by to pick up DD, he was telling me that he was going to propose to his gf and showed me the ring, so SO decided not to do it right now.. I guess now I have to wait even longer (he almost proposed at Christmas)..

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 10th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have requested a day at home. I want to go to church as a family. Come home and sit by our pool while DH grills some good munchies. I would really love a lemon cake as well (not sure why - just sounds really good). A day of relaxation will be welcomed.

May 10th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will just be happy if DH remembers to get me a card :-P He makes a big deal, the Latin teacher that he is, about it being Saturnalia and very important to honor the women, blah blah blah...let's see if I get a card...LOL
MamaSkunk likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
i kinda hope he doesnt do anything major...i would really like a day at home to relax...or to go do something calm and relaxing...that would be nice. help around the house would also help me out a lot...
but this has in fact been a huge discussion in my house since this is my first...am i suppose to get something? or does that wait until next year lol.
Kim3 likes this.

*Amanda*

May 10th, 2013, 01:01 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
The girls have made cards at daycare for me, and Lily has a little present she made at daycare. That's really all I'm expecting. I would just like to sleep in and have a yummy breakfast. We will still have our houseguest from Brazil still, and she'll be away from her own children. I'd like to have something special for her too.
May 10th, 2013, 04:30 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO has to work and my mom is having a dinner at her house and invited me and my sister. I'm not sure why my mom is having the dinner and not one of us girls, but honestly I had forgotten about Mother's day completely until this morning. I told SO not to do anything for me, but I'm sure he'll do something small at least. I really just don't want him spending any money on it right now.

May 10th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Super Mommy
I thought Isaac might have made something at school this week, but they didn't. Gabe's not in school or daycare so no hopes there. Holidays and birthdays and stuff like that just don't occur to my husband that he should get his wife something or do something special, he said something earlier this week about doing something, and we have money but I really doubt he'll remember. I don't even think he remembered our anniversary this year. Sorry, I know I'm making him sound like a butthead! Well, I guess he is!
May 10th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really want a hammock! I told dh that he could get me a hammock for a Mother's Day/bday present and I would be very happy. We shall see...

May 10th, 2013, 08:54 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has mentioned a gift that he is not sure if I like... We'll see. We will go to church as a family, go out to lunch, and then do something for my mom. The logistics of that are going to be difficult. Have to coordinate with my brother and sister. At least I have a gift for her!

May 11th, 2013, 12:35 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I doubt i'll get anything for Mother's Day being that we don't have any kids yet and when my friend sent me a Mother's Day card, my husband said "Why did she do that? You aren't a mom yet." So... I don't expect anything from him! Haha.
May 11th, 2013, 05:42 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually get a hanging flower for the front porch but this year I mentioned that I want an orchid so we shall see. I don't really care if I don't get anything.

We are usually out and about on Mother's Day visiting my mom and dh's mom so I don't really get to relax. I hope to get some time for me!

May 11th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMandaPanda89 View Post
i kinda hope he doesnt do anything major...i would really like a day at home to relax...or to go do something calm and relaxing...that would be nice. help around the house would also help me out a lot...
but this has in fact been a huge discussion in my house since this is my first...am i suppose to get something? or does that wait until next year lol.
You are already a mother in my eye. Each day you are giving your daughter life. I think it is a personal decision on how much you do. However, it would be nice for DH to at least give you a relaxing day doing that which you like to do. It could be just dinner on the grill with him doing all the dishes and clean up. You deserve the honor of caring for your little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
I doubt i'll get anything for Mother's Day being that we don't have any kids yet and when my friend sent me a Mother's Day card, my husband said "Why did she do that? You aren't a mom yet." So... I don't expect anything from him! Haha.
I say you are a Mom already. You give your child life each day. I know that you already worry about the health of your child. The love you have for your child is a mother's love.

May 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
You are already a mother in my eye. Each day you are giving your daughter life. I think it is a personal decision on how much you do. However, it would be nice for DH to at least give you a relaxing day doing that which you like to do. It could be just dinner on the grill with him doing all the dishes and clean up. You deserve the honor of caring for your little girl.
That does make sense and thats what I was thinking, but I didn't want to assume. good points though!! that sounds like a great day...lemme give you his phone number, you just call him up and tell him haha. teasing of course
I hope your mothers day is great!

*Amanda*

May 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The kids made me stuff at school. DD made a little planter with some grass and bugs that she drew. DS made a necklace (and he was soooo excited about it that he had to tell me right after he made it). DH is pretty much giving me the weekend off. Today I'm going out to lunch with a couple of mom friends while he takes the kids to Sea World. After lunch, DH and the kids will drop me off at a hotel near the beach where I can have an entire evening and morning all to myself! Then they'll pick me up tomorrow after check out and either take me home while they go to a birthday party, or I might go to the birthday party with them. Depends how I'm feeling.
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.
May 11th, 2013, 11:40 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I say you are a Mom already. You give your child life each day. I know that you already worry about the health of your child. The love you have for your child is a mother's love.
I agree. I think I'm a mom already too! (And that all the rest of the first time moms are!), but he doesn't see it that way. So I'm assuming he won't do anything or I won't get anything. But, I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search