Can I just NOT see the Dr anymore and just show up for my Csection date?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so over these doctors.

When i was 20 weeks pregnant, I left one OB office because the nurses and staff were a bunch of jerks, even though the Doctors were really awesome. I also hated the hospital they were associated with.

I moved to this other office, associated with a better hospital but is 40 minutes away. No biggie. The nurses and staff are very friendly and really nice. But my last two appointments (3 more like) have been really crappy when it comes to the doctors. My wait time has been getting longer and longer...and then when the doc finally arrives, I feel blown off and rushed.

It is too late in the game at this point to find another doctor. They don't DO anything for me. I show up, ask about things that might help....(pulled groin muscle, severe heartburn, please check my cervix...I'm leaving to go to connecticut and want to make sure there are no signs of early labor...I need paperwork filled out so i can join the wellness center to use their pool...) and I feel like I am a giant inconvienance to THEM!

This baby is constantly in my lungs, so bad last night I had to get out of bed and stand up and let gravity do its thing. I asked about an ultrasound to check her fluid levels and size because I feel she is really big for how far she is supposed to be along.

And they blew me off for that too.

Silly pregnant girl! How dare I ask so many questions. I should just blindly leave the doctoring to the doctors! /end sarcasm

I am so angry....and so over it. They don't DO anything. They weigh me. They take my blood pressure, which is always perfect, I pee in a cup, which my urine must be amazing because they never say anything about that either...and run the doppler over my belly...which I can do at home, thank you.

So why...why the heck am I driving once a week for 40 minutes...waiting an hour past my appointment time...to be completely disregarded???

At this point I just want to have this baby by myself in the living room without anyones help!

I'm so angry.

May 10th, 2013, 09:51 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
This was one of our biggest reasons for switching to a midwife practice. I know HB isnt for everyone but the difference in care is astonishing! With Everett we went there sat on a couch chatted asked how I was doing if I needed anything from them. Then I weighed myself, then she listened to the baby, did my bp, and I went home. This time its the same thing but I dont leave my house. Im sorry its so crappy hun. Its almost over!

May 10th, 2013, 10:25 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're frustrated with your office. FWIW, my appointments pretty much went the same way until my BP became an issue, and now they are super-involved and concerned about my care. I guess it makes me feel better that they are taking the problem seriously, and that previously they weren't really blowing me off but didn't have any concerns with anything I brought up. Of course that doesn't excuse their not addressing your concerns.

May 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, that's the primary reason for my choosing a midwife this time as well. I still go to a doctor's office (which isn't the nicest but they're moving soon) and I will still be delivering in a hospital but I *ADORE* my midwife and when I can't see her because she's off delivering babies the people who I see instead have all been very helpful and really take their time. My midwife told me that's because she'd be PISSED if she found out that they tried to rush me out, lol. But everyone there is so nice I couldn't imagine it happening anyway.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just don't have that option here.

May 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're going through this!! This was one of the reasons we switched practices (other than the whole, you have to pay $500 a month thing) back in our first trimester. The doctor we were seeing before would come in, be like "yeah, things look good" and then rush out, like she had better things to do. The doctors at my new practice bully me until I ask a question. "What? There has to be SOMETHING you need to ask, this appointment will be too short if you don't ask me a question!" Just think you're almost done though, so that's the bright side, right?!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully things get a little improved. I know at first I was suprised how little they do if everything is OK. The good news is that it sounds as if everything is OK. Just wondering why you think your child is large? Has the doc said anything? Our doc generally does not do an ultrasound after 20 weeks unless there is a risk factor. (I had one at 32 due to age and have one again due to the fundal height not changing over a two week period). Otherwise I would have been done at 20 week.

May 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My appointments are pretty short, simple and to the point. If I don't have any questions, I usually am with the Dr. a whopping 6-8 min., tops. I am OK with that because that means nothing is wrong. Last week was a longer appointment because of the AFI stuff.

As far as your trouble catching your breath - it is very normal at this stage and may actually having nothing to do with the baby size. Your blood volume increases dramatically, which increases your need for Oxygen. Then you add a foot or butt up close and it is very normal to feel like you can't breathe.
May 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
My appointments are pretty short, simple and to the point. If I don't have any questions, I usually am with the Dr. a whopping 6-8 min., tops. I am OK with that because that means nothing is wrong.
This is exactly how my appointments go and how I think about it.

I hope things get better for you - don't stress too much. sooo close!

*Amanda*

May 10th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
My appointments are pretty short, simple and to the point. If I don't have any questions, I usually am with the Dr. a whopping 6-8 min., tops. I am OK with that because that means nothing is wrong. Last week was a longer appointment because of the AFI stuff.

As far as your trouble catching your breath - it is very normal at this stage and may actually having nothing to do with the baby size. Your blood volume increases dramatically, which increases your need for Oxygen. Then you add a foot or butt up close and it is very normal to feel like you can't breathe.
This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've never been this unable to breath before. Sometimes, like last night, it gets pretty scary and I try moving my body into several different positions to ease the feeling. Sometimes putting my hands on my head helps a bit, but usually its just a matter of time before I can breath again.

This pregnancy just feels so much different from last two, all the way around. It kind of worries me that they wont check on her and make sure she is good. You know? I would feel so much better if they could just peek at her and tell me shes growing normal.

May 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would call your doctor's office and schedule a problem-shooting appointment. Or, if you have one coming up, call ahead and tell them that you would like to schedule some additional time for questions and concerns. Sometimes doing that will alert the doctor that you're SERIOUSLY trying to tell them something.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
I would call your doctor's office and schedule a problem-shooting appointment. Or, if you have one coming up, call ahead and tell them that you would like to schedule some additional time for questions and concerns. Sometimes doing that will alert the doctor that you're SERIOUSLY trying to tell them something.
^ Ditto. I don't know if I'd schedule a whole new appt, but by this time I'm sure you've already got one coming up. I'd call and let them know you'll need some extra time with the doc. having worked in a dr's office, this usually sends up a red flag saying that you have some questions or aren't feeling right and it also slots you for enough time to actually ask the questions you want. believe it or not, doctor's don't just rush out of the room because they don't want to see you, it's because most doctors are only slotted in 10 or 15 minute appointments for follow ups and routine appointments. Chances are the people before you already took up more than their 10 minutes and now the doctor is simply trying to see all of their patients before the day is over. It's a ****** system, but that's how it goes. Asking for some extra time will really give you and the doctor both time to discuss what you want to without either of you feeling rushed. I hope you're able to get a longer appointment and get your questions resolved. I'm sorry you're so frustrated

May 12th, 2013, 01:17 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Yeah I'm a no go doc person. The whole breathing part is so normal, this is my fourth and I'm always feeling I can not breath. The more babies you have the fast stuff happens.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 12th, 2013, 06:36 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Low iron can also make you feel out of breath too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search