When will you

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Think about TTC?
Is this chapter of your life closed? If its is how does it make you feel?

May 10th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
This is our last baby. I've only ever wanted two children. I think if finances were not a concern then perhaps I would want more someday but if we want to stay in Toronto, living costs are expensive, kids are expensive and I just couldn't justify bringing another into the mix. We'd also have to get a new car and new place to live etc. so another baby isn't in the cards for us........Although I have considered that since I'm 26 that maybe in 10-15 years i'll change my mind and want to start over with a baby. Certainly not in the near future though if at all. I'm kind of sad about it but really okay with having two children

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 10th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I definitely want another baby one day. I think the age gap between DD and Aidan is perfect so I guess once Aidan turns 3, we'll consider TTC.

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 10th, 2013, 10:19 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are done. DH has a 9 yo daughter, and although this is MY first, I can see us affording another child any time soon. Between finances and the issues with my BP lately, I don't see us changing our minds.

May 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Right now, we're pretty set on TTC a second baby when this one is about 3. My sisters and I are all 3 years apart, and that's a really good age range. I keep telling people we want to enjoy THIS child before we start thinking about bringing in another one.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 10th, 2013, 11:07 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are done. Two will be enough for me. I don't like the idea of kids being closer in age than 2 years as I feel anything less is too soon. And two years from now I'd be 35 which would make me higher risk. And DH also has kids from a previous marriage that even though they are much older he and I both feel that lil man completes our family.
Gen88 likes this.

May 10th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe 2-3 years
May 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
We are done. DH has a 9 yo daughter, and although this is MY first, I can see us affording another child any time soon. Between finances and the issues with my BP lately, I don't see us changing our minds.
Not to push you either way but in a lot of cases pre-e happens in first pregnancies but not in others. I had it with my first but no issues in the following 3. I know some do experience the opposite but it is more common in first pregnancies.

May 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Not sure. I am pretty sure DH would like to be done after 3 given finances. But I am not ready to close the door on that stage of my life. We will probably reevaluate in 2 years and see how we feel. At that point I will be 33 and DH will be 32, so we'll have some time
May 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are done after this one, we only want 2 kids. We have a boy and now a girl so it's perfect for us, we get the best of both worlds. Kids are expensive these days so we wanna make sure we can afford them and give them all the love and attention they need.
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 10th, 2013, 12:46 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
If money and space weren't an issue, we'd probably consider TTC in 3-4 years, but because they ARE, we are most likely done. I swore I was done after my youngest, and here I am, so nothing is set in stone obviously. But as of right now, I feel pretty done.
May 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
This is all for us!

May 10th, 2013, 01:59 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I have no idea anymore, I'm very torn. I wanted 3 children for the longest time, DH was always on the fence. He's more than OK with stopping at 2, and says we're done. But there's a part of me that wants a third. However, with the way this pregnancy has gone, the way I've been feeling, that part is getting smaller and smaller and I think I've been trying to talk myself into being OK with stopping at 2. So, who knows! If we decide to try for a third, it would be sooner rather than later because I'm already 33.

May 10th, 2013, 02:02 PM
We are 98% sure this is it for us. She was a huge surprise as was our first two we only tried for Everett. I'm not sure I'm ready to say 100% we are done. But we shall see what life brings us.

May 10th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are DONE after this! I'm so excited!!! LOL! I can get rid of all the maternity clothes, the post partum clothes, and just have one size in my closet and dressers! I can stop thinking about nursing friendly clothes when I get dressed. We can get rid of baby stuff as the baby outgrows it.

And I told DH that there's no way I could be a SAHM while pregnant again. This was way too rough on me. Since neither of us wants me going back to work, that's that!
edgeofelise likes this.
May 10th, 2013, 02:59 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are leaving the door open for another in a couple years. We have 2 1/2 years spacing between Joce and Gabe and another 2/12 years between Gabe and Grayson. So We will see how I am feeling when Grayson is about 2.

Really just depends on finances, health concerns and space. But if those are going well, we would like one more.

May 10th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Super Mommy
I think we are definitely done. I am so tired of worrying about my BP all the time. I've had issues with it each pregnancy so far. I think maybe if I didn't have those issues I'd reconsider. But even so, I'm sure 3 boys will be all I can handle. I don't want my kids too far apart in age, I like the idea that by the time I'm in my early-mid 40's my kiddos will all be out of the house. While I don't really like saying I'm totally done, because I'm not even 25 yet, I feel like I am. Hubby will more than likely be getting snipped shortly after this LO is born.
May 10th, 2013, 03:33 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're 98% sure we're done, too. I'm really, really looking forward to watching these kiddos grow and seeing where life takes us from here, including myself. I've loved the whole baby thing, but I'm looking forward to more independence and being able to focus on who I am, as well. We won't be saving everything he outgrows, just the really special stuff, and I'm happy about that, too. We're not making any drastic decisions just yet but we've decided to reevaluate once Henry hits the toddler stage and DH will likely be getting snipped.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

May 10th, 2013, 04:18 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's a little different for me as SO and I are still in the early stages of a serious relationship compared to most. Whether or not SO and I will still be together is more the question and if we do stay together or end up getting married, I feel there's a good chance we'd both want one or two more if time and finances allowed it. Honestly, this child was a huge surprise and I always thought I'd have serious issues TTC when I did want to try due to a very long history of PCOS. This was one of those amazing flukes that sometimes happens and I'd never change it for the world. I guess what I'm saying is that if this was my only shot, I'll take it and be happy.

May 10th, 2013, 10:47 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since Porter will be our first, I would like to wait 2-3 years before we try to have another. I don't want to wait too long because I'll be 31 this month and my husband will be 39 in September, but I also want to be able to have at least a couple of years with just Porter. If we had a girl next, I would probably be done after that. If we had a boy, I might want to try one more time for a girl, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search