Frustrating appointment today...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found out last week that this little girl is breech. She was completely head up. I have been doing the baby spinning stuff and she is now sideways. When I went to my appt today, I was told I needed to go see a chiropractor to have Webster stuff done to turn the baby. I don't really have time to do that, but now I have to make the time. On top of that, I am measuring small now when I have always measured right on, so she is concerned that I am possibly developing IUGR. I have to go for a growth scan on Monday to make sure she is growing ok in there. If she is, they won't worry about how I am measuring, if not, I'm not sure what the deal is going to be. I am anxious to have that done to know what's going on, but my dad has to have surgery on Monday, so depending on what time that is, I may have to postpone the u/s. I wish the next 6 weeks would just hurry up. I am so done with being pregnant and ready to hold a healthy baby.

May 10th, 2013, 09:29 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my! How frustrating I am so sorry. I hope that everything comes back okay on your ultrasound and that baby girl is a healthy size. And I really hope that you can find the time to get into the chiro and see if she can be turned.

May 10th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Rochelle
I'm sorry. I went through it with Heidi bc she wasn't head down and in the same week that I did the ironing board trick from Spinning-babies AND got acupuncture, she turned head down. So, I'm not sure which one worked.
GL!
May 10th, 2013, 11:25 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You could be measuring small because she is sideways. I was measuring 2+ weeks ahead when little miss was breech and up high in my ribs but now that she has turned and dropped a bit, I'm back to measuring close to normal...just a thought!

My son was transverse all the way up to my 36 week appointment. If you can't get into a chiropractor, keep doing the spinningbabies stuff! It worked for me very late into my pregnancy!

May 11th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I showed no increase in growth the last 2 weeks so I go for a scan as well. Same day as you. Here is what I was told would happen. Chances are the growth is fine. In the event it is not, the doctor will not do anything right away other than order consistent NST and weekly ultrasound. I know that if it is IUGR, they could take her a little early. There is a point where she would grow better in the world outside that inside. However, that would not be likely until after 37 weeks. Lower fluid could be the culprit - and then they would monitor that as well. The doc told me it is extremely likely that everything is OK. The ultrasound has really no effect on her health so they want to do it just to be 100% that everything is fine. In all likelihood your little girl is healthy.
sunnydaze likes this.

May 11th, 2013, 08:37 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you've got a ton of stuff going on!! Hopefully all is well and she turns without having to worry about going to a chiro. Also, I hope all goes well with your dad's surgery!

May 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran
Big hugs! Don't forget the power of positive thinking too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search