Scary Appointment

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kit.kat.81

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Let me begin with saying that everything turned out just fine, but it was really terrifying for a few minutes.

I'd been having lots of BH all night and baby had been sort of quiet all morning - a few nudges but not much movement. So at my regular weekly apt they decided to do a NST just to be safe. I wasn't really worried but the doc was behind anyway so it wasn't an inconvenience and I agreed.

Well the PA put the contraction monitor on and then asked where baby's HB usually was. I pointed out the spot that my OB always finds it and she sticks the monitor on. Nothing. Moves it around a bit, still nothing. She keeps moving it around for a minute or so and NOTHING. My OB usually puts the doppler on and BAM, heartbeat. So I start to get nervous. I ask "does it usually take this long?" and she says "It can..." and keeps looking. Tries the other side. Nothing. Minutes tick by and now I'm freaking out. I start to cry and I get this terrible sinking feeling in my chest. "Don't worry," she says, "I'm going to go get the doppler and we'll try that." She leaves me crying in the chair and gets the doppler. STILL can't find the heartbeat and now I'm barely holding it together, thinking "this is the moment I find out my baby is dead," and silently pleading with her to kick, move, something.

FINALLY she moves the contraction monitor a little higher and tries the doppler higher up, and she finds baby's HB, strong and regular. The MOMENT she finds it baby gives me a good hearty kick and I just start sobbing from relief. The NST went fine, baby was perfect and she moved ALL OVER the whole time (kept moving off the monitor!) and was making my whole belly move. It took me all day to calm down, though, and I felt shaky and weepy and scared even after I knew she was ok.

It was SO scary!

May 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Rochelle
OH! ((hugs)) That is so scary! I am soooo glad baby girl is ok sweetie.
May 11th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Super Mommy
That is very scary, I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I myself have been worrying about something like that happening for a while now.
May 11th, 2013, 02:53 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Scary indeed. Glad everything is a-okay.

May 11th, 2013, 02:54 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Omg huge hugs Hun! That is terrifying!!! I am so glad all is well.

May 11th, 2013, 03:19 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So scary!! Sorry you had to go through that! Glad everything is okay!

May 11th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad baby is okay!
May 11th, 2013, 04:20 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Thanks, ladies. I never want to have that awful sinking feeling again! I'm so relieved that she's still okay in there that even though she's been beating up my bladder and kicking me in the ribs all day I'm just happy to feel her move!
4hearts likes this.

May 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My worst nightmare! Glad they found it and she was just being ornery!
May 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg how scary! Glad they found her though and that she's OK.

May 12th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad all is OK. I think it is time for your little girl to arrive and let you hold her in your arms.

May 12th, 2013, 01:07 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
So glad everything is okay! I can't even imagine the feeling while they were trying to locate her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search