Rebecca's latest update

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2013, 07:58 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just copied and pasted this from Rebecca's fb page for anyone who hasn't seen it! What great news for our DDC's miracle baby! So happy for them! Here it is:

Surgery went really well. They were able to discover so much about Jocelyn's anatomy. Only the tip if her liver was in the omphalocele so they were able to close it, make her a belly button and create a colostomy. They closed her bladder, so she now will just wear a diaper to keep her dry like a normal baby and we won't worry about her bladder and peeing until she's older. They discovered she has 2 appendixes that they can use later for reconstructive surgeries and 2 ureters on her left kidney. She has 1 ovary and fallopian tube and a small uterus. She has a chance she may be able to carry a pregnancy later in life. She has a lipomylomeningocele but they have determined it doesn't go into her abdomen at all and because she is moving her legs, they'll wait until she has problems to do anything. She has hip displacia because of the bladder extrophy and I don't know when they'll try to fix that but as a baby she isn't going to be walking so that will also be a ways off. The surgeons said she won't need anymore surgeries for awhile and now we just need to work on feeds, making stool and then oral feeds so she can come home.
I just can't believe what a huge relief everything has been after all the things they said could be wrong with her. She is proof that miracles do exist. It's so strange to be talking with the nurses about whether I want to nurse her or not and about how to put her diaper on and about when to buy a carseat after barely surviving winter with the belief my baby wouldn't survive.
I'm just so grateful for all the thoughts and prayers everyone has given for us. I know they are the reason we have such a miracle.
There is still a long journey ahead of us, but she is doing so well after her first surgery that I have such high hopes for her future.
Oh.... just because I thought it was cute, they made her a belly button too

May 11th, 2013, 08:04 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I was just coming to post this

May 11th, 2013, 08:06 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Omg how crazy awesome is that
Mom to Easton 9/13/2005
Due June 22. 2013

May 11th, 2013, 08:06 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She really is such a tough little fighter. Definitely a miracle!

May 11th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is awesome news, so glad baby is doing good.
-Hey, it's Genesis

May 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for her and baby Jocelyn. Wonderful news
JaxonJocelyn Gabriel Grayson and Scarlett

May 12th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Super Mommy
That is really terrific news! And yeah, really cute that they made her a belly button. They did that for my niece, too!
Mommy to Isaac 8.1.07 Gabriel 7.2.09 and Samuel 6.15.13
Angel Babe 9-16-2012 5wks
May 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Great news!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search