Worried. UPDATE ALL OK ultrasound measuring behind, test for IUGR..Prayers need

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 07:23 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I had an ultrasound this morning and now I am worried. I am 33 weeks and 1 day and I am measuring at 31 weeks. All my other ultrasounds measured right on. I haven't got to talk to my doctor yet.

Should I be worried? Will my due date change? Did my little man stop growing?

Last edited by bobbiejo1982; May 15th, 2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: chages update
May 13th, 2013, 07:38 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your due date won't change because there is a wide range of normal at this stage.

1) It could be that baby is in a position that is hard to get accurate measurements.

2) 3 Dr./techs can measure on the same day and you will get 3 different estimates. With B I had a MTM Dr. that always measured big by a week, but the regular tech at my OB always had him measuring almost a week behind. The regular sono tech was right on with his birth weight.

3) When was your last sono? There is a very wide range of normal and if he hasn't been measured in a while, it could be that you are just going to have a smaller baby.

It is not time to worry until your Dr. says it is time. When do you see the Dr?
May 13th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Try not to get worked up. Let us know what the dr says!

May 13th, 2013, 07:57 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oy, now you have me worried. I have a growth scan this afternoon, too. I wouldn't worry just yet. Try to get ahold of your dr and see what he says first. Praying for you!

May 13th, 2013, 08:11 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Hang in there and keep us posted on what your doctor says!!!! Thinking of you!

May 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Waiting for the call back from the doctor. left her a message that I was concerned. I just wanted to hear it from her.

I had a 3D sonogram by a friend at 30 weeks 3 weeks ago and measured right on.

I know it can be oof and it's probably nothing to worry about but you ladies know how it is, still worry.
May 13th, 2013, 09:16 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I agree with what has been said, at this stage of the game its so hard to get an accurate measurement. Hang in there hun!

May 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At this time the accuracy is only within 21 days. The doc probably looked at the blood flow in the cord and the placenta. This provides great detail. If that is good, then he is growing well. Hope the doc calls reall soon. Often they wait a while if there is no problem. They often tell you right away if they are concerned. I looked at the screen and am measuring 10 days ahead. They are definitely not changing my due date.

May 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my 33 week ultrasound baby measured nearly 2 weeks ahead. The tech told me not to get too excited because it could be 3 weeks either way and a pound either way. The tech said that at that point, there are a bunch of things that influence the way the measurements come out - position, fluid, etc. I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure the doctor will have some answers for you. KUP!

May 13th, 2013, 12:03 PM
The doctor called back. She does seem somewhat concerened.
The last measurment she has is at 18 weeks and he was right on then.
She wanted the growth scan because my fundal height is actually measuring a few weeks ahead. And so the ulatrasound is 2 weeks bnehind. he measured 31 weeks and he is 33 weeks 1 day. he measured 3 lb.s 12 oz. give or take. She wants me to come back this afternoon for a non stress test. Which I know it measures babys heartbeat while he moves but thats all I know. Don't know what to expect. I know his heart rate was 153 today. She is going to get back to me when the final results of the ultrasound are read which will either be this afternoon or Wednesday. Which I hope it's thisafternoon, she did mention maybe going to a bigger hospital for futher measurments??? I know I shouldn't worry too much but I am. i have not had any issues until now so this is my first scare.

She said I have to eat well and get more rest, maybe I am using up the energy that should be going to baby.

Thoughts??

Not sure if the ultrasound guy/doc looked at blood flow or whatnot that closely or not, nothing has been mentioned yet.
May 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Stressing is not going to help so I would just do everything they ask. Make sure you are drinking lots of water and eating good so lots of protein fruits and veggies. Take naps. Keep us posted!!

May 13th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping all is well. Keep us updated!
bobbiejo1982 likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
Stressing is not going to help so I would just do everything they ask. Make sure you are drinking lots of water and eating good so lots of protein fruits and veggies. Take naps. Keep us posted!!
Your right. I am such a worry wort too. I know stressing is bad but it's hard not too.

I do need to eat better. the nap thing don't really work thou, I'm still working 5 days a week full time. I guess I just got to do what I can to not overexert myself.

I need to quit worrying about everything I need to get done. May is so busy too. There is something going on all the time it seems.

Thanks everyone. I know there is probably nothing to worry about and it's all common things. I am just overly emotional and really scared
May 13th, 2013, 03:47 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is there any way you could take a few days off to de-stress? At the very least, try going to bed earlier. I hope everything is fine and they are just being overly cautious. Keep us posted on how things go. Hugs!

May 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Been thinking of you all afternoon. I am hoping the NST is more precaution than anything. Doctors tend to err on the side of caution on things like thing (which is what you want, much better than them blowing it off) and hopefully all is well.
May 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Update. Had the nst. It seemed ok. The ultrasound was read and they are saying it's low level growth. They are sending me to Mayo clinic in Rochestor tomorrow (much bigger hospital). Going to be doing measurments there. They are checking for IUGR. Im real nervous and scared but trying not to worry too much until tmr. I just am very new to all this. Of course my SO freaks out. Im not sure how he is going to handle all this. Whew...what a day. Please pray for me that everything is allright. Sometime I feel like you ladies are the only ones that can relate.
May 13th, 2013, 05:58 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for good news tomorrow!

May 13th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I will be praying for normal results. It's a good sign that the NST didn't show any distress. Here is to hoping OU just have a little guy in there (I am particularly fond of the little dudes . B1 was 3% for weight when he was born and rarely gets above 10% 2.5 years later)
May 13th, 2013, 07:37 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking about you! Hope everything goes well tmrw! Prayers going your way!

May 13th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man! Two weeks ago I measured 2 weeks behind even though I have been measuring ahead for so long. The doctor (my midwife was off delivering babies then) said that 2 weeks isn't anything to be worried about but I will have to show growth at the next appointment. So, last week with my midwife I measured 35.5 (I was 37 then) she said that I had nothing to worry about. I'm curious about what I'm going to measure this week.

I figure that it's because my baby's head is lodged pretty firmly in my pelvis.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search