How would you feel

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
If baby came out the opposite gender you were told?

May 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear, I would freak!!! Then I'd call my best friend and beg her to send me girl clothes!

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Rochelle
That would be crazy if that had happened the one time we did find out which was with our second baby (DS). I'll admit I would have been pretty upset as I had boy-baby fever soooo bad. A lot worse than this time bc at least this time I already have a boy if this turned out to be a girl I'm carrying right now.

But I'll answer like this: If this turns out to be a girl instead of what I prefer (a boy), I think I'll feel confused about my feelings for about 10 seconds and then go straight to being overjoyed that's she's healthy, beautiful, here and mine. And then I'd groan bc I'd know that that means we'll probably try one more time for a boy. If this is a boy, we'd be more likely to settle on 4 kids. But, we really want to try to give DS a brother.
May 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahaha. I'm not really sure. Before the anatomy scan I was so sure I was having a boy. My first thought would probably be "Oh sh*t. Thank goodness we got a lot of gender neutral clothes."

May 13th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would probably be shocked for about a minute, and be thankful we have a girl's name picked out from before we knew the gender, and then be super glad we don't buy into traditional gender identification, and just carry on with letting her wear the stuff we already have. I would just be sad I can't use all the stuff we wrote the name Arthur on LOL

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started to panic about this the other day when I took the tags off of almost everything and washed it. I was like "what if he ends up being a girl! I can't take any of this back!" His room is blue. The bedding is very boy, almost all his clothes are boy clothes. If he ends up being a girl (which I doubt since we had 2 anatomy scans and he was very much boy at both!), then she will have to live in a boy room for a while and probably wear a lot of blue and boy themed clothes! Haha. With that said, I really wanted a girl to begin with, so I think after the shock wore off, we would still be happy and excited!
May 13th, 2013, 11:18 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
For me this is the lovely thing about being team green. We get all sorts of feelings and opinions on what this baby is, but basically I am going in with no expectations. We will be thrilled with either, and we have lots of girl and boy clothes we've been given, so we are ready for either.
May 13th, 2013, 11:20 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
DEVASTATED!!! I have wanted this little girl for so long! But luckily i just had another U/S and saw the little girl parts in 3 D again

May 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would die, I would be happy of course but everything I've bought is girly and the nursery is pretty much ready and everything in it is girly. I'm just glad the walls aren't pink lol it's funny cuz I've been thinking about this lately. I was told girl 3 times so she better be a girl lol but I know she's a girl, when we did the 4d ultrasound I clearly saw a vagina, no boy parts!

May 13th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure I would be happy either way, but I would probably feel like I lost my little boy. That probably sounds stupid, but I just have myself so ready for a baby boy.
May 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would lose my mind. Pretty much everything we have is girly, and I went ahead and took tags off of pretty much everything.

May 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have that problem bc we didn't fid out

Ok ok but to play along we really think it is 1 of each so if it was 2 boys I would be relieved bc then we wouldn't have issues with names. If it was 2 girls I would have mixed emotions bc I love dd but WOW 2 more girls will be a handful...so much drama!! But really I do not care as long they come out healthy I'm good to go!!

May 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Super Mommy
I'd feel so weird, we've been shown his little dinky on three ultrasounds now! Of course I'd be glad to have a healthy baby, boy or girl. But I'd be a little disappointed that I don't get to name one of my children after my dad, because this is for sure our last kid.
May 13th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
honestly i'd be just as happy! the only thing that would upset me would be all the girl clothes we wouldn't need! funny i had a boy name picked out before i knew i was pregnant and it took me forever to pick out a girl name! if she turns out to be a he i can just use all of my sons old clothes. my last ultrasound (at 24 weeks) was pretty convincing, but ya never know for sure til they come out! lol
May 13th, 2013, 02:49 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my entire family INCLUDING my son would be thrilled...I on the other hand would be pretty upset because 3 different sono techs told us it was a boy and showed us boy parts....so if it comes out a girl I will tell all 3 of them they need to go back to school to determine the gender of a baby! lol

May 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm really afraid if this happening. Not that it would be a big deal to have another girl though. The nursery is going to be much less girly than the previous ones but it's not necessarily a boy theme. The main issue would be coming up with a name and the fact that we are in the process of getting rid of all the girl baby clothes we had saved
May 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I would freak out hard core! We are so excited to finally have a boy and complete our family. We've had two u/s now and there is no doubt there was boy parts so I would be telling the u/s techs at the hospital they need to go get their eyes checked!!!

May 13th, 2013, 05:04 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was sitting next to DH and asked him the question also to see what he would say and even though we are both very happy with our little man neither of us would be upset if he was a girl. We would have to change the name and probably would have to redecorate and dig out DDs old clothes.

May 13th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would probably be ok if one came out a girl but not both. I would get over it obviously but I would be sad. With as much as I wanted a girl to begin with I think I would feel very torn between happy and sad for feeling like a lost a little boy and that I wouldn't have twin boys.
May 13th, 2013, 07:38 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
It may sound horrible, but I'd be so excited and happy about it because another boy is what we wanted from the beginning. I'd just find someone to swap clothes with since the girl clothes are the only thing we've bought!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search