PP weight loss

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My plan is breastfeeding a ton and chasing after a toddler, lol. I lost somewhere between 40-50lbs within 2 weeks of giving birth to Alex. I kept the weight off for a year, right about when breastfeeding began to take a dive (he was eating more solids). I gained about 20-30lbs of it back by the time I got pregnant with this one. That sucked.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 13th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
My plan is to start running again. I actually just signed up to do a 5k end of July. I also plan on taking many walks since it will be the summer months. I need to eat better....no ifs and/or buts!
May 14th, 2013, 02:05 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
EBF, running and paleo, with tons of water!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 14th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained about 10 lbs right before I got pregnant - I overindulged towards the end of summer. So that put me at 205 lbs for my pre-pregnancy weight. Obviously, way over what I'd like to be at. I'm pretty happy with myself at about 165. It's at the top of the healthy BMI range for my height, but I'm pretty sturdily built and I like my curves so I think that weight works for me.

Right now I weigh 212 lbs - So I've gained 7 lbs during this pregnancy. The same thing happened during my first pregnancy - I started out overweight and only gained about 10 lbs by the end. I immediately lost 25 lbs just from giving birth, so I'm really hoping that the same will hold true this time around. If I lose 25 lbs from the birth, that'll put me at about 190 after the baby is born...15 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. That's a pretty good start and it'll keep me motivated to lose the next 25lbs.

We live in a really walk-able neighbourhood - lots of paths and parks, and DD's school is 1/4 mile away. So I'm hoping the combination of breastfeeding, lots of walking, and eating light summer meals will help me get down to 165 lbs by fall. My sister-in-law (she and my brother live in the basement apartment) and I were also talking about buying an elliptical machine together. She's hoping to lose some weight before TTC, so it'll help both of us out.

May 14th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Veteran
I will do early breastfeeding before I return to work and in the meantime just monitor what I eat and go on walks and when I have my 6 week check then I will really start to up the exercise and get serious about shedding the lbs.
May 14th, 2013, 09:26 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been thinking about this extensively lol. I usually have a pretty easy time losing most of the weight through breastfeeding alone but I really want to get back in tip top shape because our next big life plan is finally getting married! I've gained about 27 lbs so far so I will probably end up around 30ish (which is soooooo freaking exciting for me since I gained 40 with both my other pregnancies). Due to several m/c prior to this pregnancy and my hormones being all out of whack, I started this pregnancy about 15lbs heavier than my normal weight. So, all in all, I should have about 45lbs total to lose to get back to my normal 120 range.

I plan on walking with baby and the bigger kids as soon as I feel up to it. I did that with DD and it really helped me start building up my stamina for once I'm cleared for exercise. Once I am cleared, I plan to build back up my strength and endurance with cardio and weight training. Once I'm back to feeling more fit, I plan on starting back on p90x. I did it before and was in the best shape of my life so I'm hoping to get there again so I can be a sexy bride next year!

May 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't usually have a problem losing the weight. I BF and I have very active kids. I wear the baby anywhere we go and we do a LOT of stuff...trips to the Zoo, Sea World, Disneyland, etc. in addition to playdates at the park and stuff. I make sure to eat healthy, but I don't stress about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search