PP weight loss

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Rochelle

I know, none of us want to think about this right now. But I have a non-pg friend and she lost 25 lbs and is gloating. So, naturally I'm thinking about weight loss.

What's everyone's plan for this?

Have you thought about it in depth yet or do you plan to just take it day by day?

Do you need to lose only pregnancy weight or that and more?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
I will probably get up to 215 lbs when this baby actually comes. I'm like 209 right now. I was 192lbs when I got pg. So, I'm up 15ish lbs. I definitely want to get down to 150 lbs eventually. But 170 is my short goal maybe by Christmas that would be nice. I do like to plan things so I am planning my weightloss out right now. I'll be using this calorie counting site: Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

My main plan is to stay away from bread and the breastfeeding will help me drop the initial lbs. Going to be drinking a lot of water and trying to go on short walks. Because it will be summer and I won't want to overheat the baby, I'll probably try doing 20 min walks around my 5 acres at first and then try to increase that and go to the park when it starts cooling off in September.

When I'm recovered from the c/s, I'll try to do "Leslie Sansone's Power walk" series on DVD which I It goes by 1 mile, 2 mile etc.. so it's good to get back into it slowly. Eventually (MUCH later) I want to try 30 day shred again.
May 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought the weight would just fall off when baby is born?? no?? haha jk!

Right now, I am 2 lbs less than when I found out I was pregnant. I'd lost 16, gained about 14 back so far. So, I think I'll be around my starting weight after baby arrives, but yes, I would love to lose about 50 additional pounds. No idea how I'll get there though. Losing weight is so hard.
TeresaV likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well....my plan is to TRY to eat better and take the babies for walks after 8-12 weeks. I will not eat cheesecakes weekly like I did with dd!! I will take it day by day.

I started at 172 on the dr scale and I now weigh 192 so 20 lbs is not bad. I would like to not see 200 by the end of this pg...I don't even care if it 199.9 but something about me at 200 makes me want to throw up. It's a mental thing clearly...bc 200 is not a bad weight at all!
My realistic goal would to be back at 150 & a size 8 though it would be nice to see 140 & a size 6 my ore baby weight with dd but that is a bit far fetched bc I LOVE food & margaritas!!

May 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The neighborhood DH and I are moving to has a nice walking park nearby, and we're hoping around the end of July/August we'll be settled into our new place enough and we're going to take walks in the evenings. We're also going to be living closer to the beach we like, and so once it gets cooler in September/October I might drive over there a couple times a week and walk the beach with the baby. Other than that, I hope BF-ing will help a little, I'll stop eating cookies and cake all the time, and I'll get back to doing things like Wii-Fit and Just Dance

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to start walking as soon as I can and I'll be going back to teaching at least 2 Zumba classes a week as soon as I'm cleared. (I asked the Dr today and she said 4-6 weeks if everything goes well & that it was up to me and how I was feeling.) So hopefully that will help! I'm at 24 lbs right now. Just hoping I stay under 30, I would be ok with that. 25 would be awesome, but with 6 weeks left I'm expecting to get closer to 30. I'm also hoping breast feeding helps!
May 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's everyone's plan for this? I will be restarting a diet that is helpful for managing Multiple Sclerosis. I am hoping it helps me feel better so I can stay off my meds and breastfeed little man. I have been on the diet before and lost a lot of weight on it. (About 20lbs in 8 weeks).

Have you thought about it in depth yet or do you plan to just take it day by day?

I have thought about it in depth. Done research, read books. I think it is my best shot at avoid all the dangerous meds so I can breastfeed. I am sooooooo crossing my fingers that it works.

Do you need to lose only pregnancy weight or that and more? I need to lose pregnancy weight plus about 10lbs on top of that that I gained during last summer. So in total, hopeful 6-9 months from now I will be down 30ish lbs..

May 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I CAN NOT WAIT to get back to the gym. I miss it so much. I am super excited to try out cardio now that I am no longer a smoker!!!

I was making amazing progress with weightloss before I got pregnant and I plan to jump right back on that boat.

I don't really change my eating habits but generally in the summer and fall, I eat a whole lot less anyways because no one wants to cook or eat heavy in the warmer weather.

May 13th, 2013, 01:29 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Honestly I am trying hard not to think about his topic. I want to breastfeed exclusively and I feel that i don't want to be preoccupied with calorie counting since my little girl will need those extra calories to get some good milk! I will probably remain plump for the first 6-12 months, then focus on toning with yoga and walking.

May 13th, 2013, 02:01 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 View Post
Honestly I am trying hard not to think about his topic. I want to breastfeed exclusively and I feel that i don't want to be preoccupied with calorie counting since my little girl will need those extra calories to get some good milk! I will probably remain plump for the first 6-12 months, then focus on toning with yoga and walking.
My thoughts exactly. I plan on going for lots of walks around the neighborhood while I'm home from work, but I also plan on breastfeeding and don't want to short-change my body on its nutritional needs.

May 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Walking, breast feeding, goods diet and lots of water. I love myfitnesspal! I was using it before I got pregnant and lost nearly 30lbs over the first of last year.
May 13th, 2013, 02:28 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am generally pretty laid back about losing weight. I haven't gained much this pregnancy. I know it takes time to put it on, so it will take time to work it off too. I do plan on getting back to running as soon as I am cleared, and I want to be sure I am eating enough to successfully breastfeed. I am hoping to train for a half marathon in November. Last time I ran one, I went from a size 8 to a size 4 and had stuck to that size until I got pregnant. I don't want to overdo though if it's going to mess up breastfeeding. I have no additional weight to lose since I was pretty thin before getting preggo. It would just be nice to fit my clothes again
zombiemommy likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 03:07 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Fitness Pal rocks. I lost 13 pounds on it last summer and I looked great. I don't think I will start that back up until after BFing tho. With DD, I was back to my pre pregnancy weight a week post partum. It was after I stopped the pumping that I packed on the weight. I will start with My Fitness Pal back up then if I need to. I would like to be 6 pounds less than I was pre pregnancy. To get by body looking better ost partum, I will walk the neighborhood with the girls and I think we will invest in some type of workout equipment (maybe a tread climber) toward the end f summer bc DH has about 30 pounds to lose to get healthy.

May 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Super Mommy
i'm definitely going to take the kids for walks and then after a few months pp i'd like to start doing tae bo, zumba, or something like that. i haven't really gained any weight yet this pregnancy...lost 9, and have regained 6 so still 3 under my pre-preg weight. however, i also started out 25 lbs heavier this pregnancy than my last one. on top of that i gained a good 20-25 lbs my first year of marriage. so ideally i'd like to lose a good 50 lbs. i'm hoping breastfeeding helps too. last time id say it helped but i also got horrible bf cravings and ate horribly. so this time im more aware of that and plan on drinking tons of water and eating much healthier- probably going to follow weight watchers since you can factor in breastfeeding with it

plus my mom is getting remarried in october so i'll have that as some motivation!
May 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Courtney - I trained for a full at 55 miles per week through the TX summer while breast feeding Bourne and was able to EBF with 34-38 oz of milk a day. I also lost 45 lbs. the key is tracking to get enough vs tracking to lose. I calculated my base metabolic rate with breastfeeding and then subtracted 750 calories a day to lose 1.5 pounds a week. I added back in all exercise calories burned. The key is uber large amounts of water. I am doing same thing this time since I am running the Route 66 half in Nov.

You guys all have countdown tickers until baby - I have a countdown to my first run .

Diet I will go back to Vegan and track.

I only have pregnancy weight to lose but I am going to gain close to 40 lbs so probably 20 pounds or so.
zombiemommy likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Rochelle
I generally BF for 2 yrs so I am careful to make sure I have good milk supply so I'm not going to diet but I'm going to try not to pig out on breads either. I've always fallen back into the comfort of bread in the past and since this pg I've had an aversion to it, I'm hoping to retain that.
May 13th, 2013, 03:57 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a lot to loose. So far I've gained about 20 pounds but I have a lot of weight to loose besides baby weight. I will be going back to running as well as biking and walking. Its hard for me to do some of those high impact exercises because of my old back injury.

May 13th, 2013, 05:11 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
I'll walk with the kids and stuff but no special exercise regimen
i know breastfeeding can help but i've had friends where it had the opposite effect
i'm just going to take it one day at a time

May 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
Courtney - I trained for a full at 55 miles per week through the TX summer while breast feeding Bourne and was able to EBF with 34-38 oz of milk a day. I also lost 45 lbs. the key is tracking to get enough vs tracking to lose. I calculated my base metabolic rate with breastfeeding and then subtracted 750 calories a day to lose 1.5 pounds a week. I added back in all exercise calories burned. The key is uber large amounts of water. I am doing same thing this time since I am running the Route 66 half in Nov.
That is good information! Thank you!! Good luck with your half, that sounds like a fun one
May 13th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Breastfeeding has always worked for me. I was a good weight prior to getting pg and have gained in the lower end of recommended. (Of course I just finished eating a huge bowl of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with some cool whip so that could change). The weight just melts off with the breastfeeding. My problem starts when I wean. Then I need to watch carefully.

May 13th, 2013, 06:42 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I will need to lose mostly just pregnancy weight, but there's a lot of it!! I will go back on weight watchers 6-8 weeks PP. I lost almost 40 lbs on it before getting pregnant again. With Connor though, I was overweight to start and still gained about 40 lbs while pregnant and within weeks PP had lost all of the pregnancy weight and then some....and all I did was breastfeed! I was one of the lucky ones, so I'm hoping that the weight will melt off again once I start nursing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search