Should I call?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I've broken the first cardinal sin of the internet, I've googled/webmd'd my symptoms, and now I'm wondering if I should call my doctor...I thought I would ask here first before I call seeming all crazy.

Last night into today, and through most of today, I've had a lot of lower back/pelvis pain. Like I feel a lot of pressure in that area, especially in my lower back, around my hip bones. I've also been having what I would describe as menstrual cramping. It doesn't really hurt, but it's uncomfortable. Is this a sign of early labor? Should I be calling my doctor? Is this something they would want to know? The lower back pain and lower abdominal cramping is pretty constant when I'm sitting up and pretty much goes away when I'm lying down. None of it is particularly painful, it's all just uncomfortable. And in all this time I've only had one instance where my belly has completely tightened up in what I would consider a "contraction" and when that happened there was sharp pain in my back as well. As a FTM I'm not sure if this is a real concern, or if it's just normal aches and pains of late pregnancy. Any advice is HUGELY welcome.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Being my fourth time around for me no I wouldnt. I have been having the same cramping for over a week now. I usually get a huge glass of water and take a warm bath and it goes away. But thats what I would do, if you are more comfortable calling then by all means call it wont hurt anything.

It sounds to me like your body is getting ready for the big show which it does for pretty much your whole pregnancy. But now that we are at the end it becomes more noticeable and more frequent.
eshute and MamaSkunk like this.

May 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My midwife has instructed me to call if I experience lots of lower back pain (different than the constant pregnancy back pain) and menstrual-like cramps. I wouldn't freak out or anything, but I would give them a ring and see what they say. No harm in making a phone call.

May 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds exactly like what i have been experiencing all day today but i have had many BH contractions but nothing regular AT ALL.... I would just wait it out and see if anything progresses.

May 14th, 2013, 12:19 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been having what you are describing for a couple weeks too.. I wouldn't worry too much until you are getting the contractions at a timeable rate. But if that happens, even if they aren't very painful and they are going into your back, I think you should call.

But if it would put your mind at ease, definitely call! That is what they are there for!

May 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having those menstrual type pains for a couple of weeks now as well. I even had some spotting along with it. I told my midwife, and she just asked about the baby's movements and if I've been having contractions. Since I hadn't been having contractions, she said it's not really anything to worry about. The pain comes and goes - when it's particularly bad, I put a hot water bottle on my lower back and it seems to help.

May 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I think I'm going to see how the rest of the day goes. I have an appointment at 7 am tomorrow, and since nothing is consistent right now, I'm just going to wait and talk to my doctor then. Unless things get more consistent, then I'll def. be calling. The good thing about my office is they always have a nurse on call to answer any questions.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto everything Lyndsay said. Ive had the same thing off and on for a few weeks now and if I drink a glasses of water and take a bath it always stops. BH will be a lot more frequent and babies position is gonna mean a lot more pelvic pressure and occasionally back pain. The real deal would not go away when you lay down. They also would not be irregular. They would increase with intensity. Definitely wouldn't worry about calling.
beatlechicksteph likes this.

May 14th, 2013, 04:39 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had pretty much the symptoms intermittently over the last few days. The first time I felt it I got excited thinking it was go time, but it went away.

May 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing this right now...haha. Just got up and moved around after having some pretty bad back cramping and a little tightening....Poof. Gone. Dangit! Haha. I wouldn't worry too much about calling the doc. Everyone keeps saying that I'll know when it's go time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search