Hospital Bag

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those that have one and those that packed one, how big is your bag? I am looking to buy one as all the "luggage" I have are those large rolling suitcases and I don't need that. Plus the hospital is only a few blocks from the house DH said he won't shower there so most the stuff going in the bag is my stuff. I have the diaper bag packed...just no hospital bag. I don't want to get one too big and one too small.

May 14th, 2013, 07:35 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have all my stuff in a small duffle bag. The size that fits into a carry-on compartment on an airplane.

May 14th, 2013, 07:36 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok....all my "travel" sized bags are rolling luggage. I have no other duffle bags or travel bags.

May 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Super Mommy
How about a backpack? Do you plan on bringing clothes to wear while you're there or will you wear the gowns? I got this duffle bag I made in like 7th grade that is the perfect size, it's pretty small though, but I used it with my previous hospital stays and it fits everything I need. If you just plan on wearing the gowns you can probably fit your going home clothes into a backpack, if it's a big backpack maybe you can probably fit a couple days worth of comfy clothes in there, too. I always wore the gowns, but this time I definitely want to bring my own clothes to wear after the baby is born.
May 14th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've shoved all my stuff in the diaper bag. *shrug* I'm a minimalist. Although I might use a backpack to shove anything DH might want into it, but he's insisting he doesn't need anything. We'll see though.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 15th, 2013, 03:07 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a small duffle bag. I haven't packed it yet, I will probably use a backpack for miscellaneous stuff and dh's stuff.

May 15th, 2013, 04:09 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I just have a standard size backpack. So far it has plenty of room and I only need to toss in a couple more things.
May 15th, 2013, 04:11 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havent started packing yet but the plan is to use one of my boys suitcases. It is just one of those small rolling ones.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
May 15th, 2013, 04:24 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I went to Ross and bought a really huge, really ugly beach bag for like $8.
My hospital is about 45 minutes away, so I'm going overly prepared!
Plus, I think I'm putting everything in there... all my stuff, paperwork, all of the hubs things and baby Coy's things. My mother bought both of the diaper bags that I'll be using with baby and I still have yet to get them from her because she lives so far away and she is the worst about getting stuff in the mail.
May 15th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my stuff in a duffle bag but was running out of room. So I am now using a small wheeled suitcase. I will have my stuff the babies which is only 2 onsies &2 owl hats and hopefully I can fit dd's stuff too if not hers will go into another bag with dh's things. We live about 40 min away from the hospital and instead of having a ton of bags to carry I would rather have a backpack for dh and a rolling suitcase and my huge nursing pillow. Use your suitcase and xall it a day

May 15th, 2013, 06:14 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're using a medium duffle bag of SO's. THe hospital is an hour away and so I wanted to be sure we had the stuff I really want, plus some stuff for SO. THe baby's stuff will go in her diaper bag once we pick it up. (Which better be today!).

May 15th, 2013, 06:56 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am using a bag about the size of a beach bag. I have the diaper bag for baby, and DH insists he doesn't need anything, although I'll probably end up packing some stuff for him anyway. He's not the think-ahead type.

May 15th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I just have a medium sized gym type bag

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 15th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I havent decided between the smallest luggage bag (used this with youngest DD and was a good size) or my Large utility tote from 31.

May 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM
RubyRocks's Avatar Rockin' Momma
I had a suitcase with my first, book bag with my 2nd, and this time I'll be taking a slightly bigger duffle bag, only because I want to take some blankets from home! I was SO COLD during labor last time & I want my own stuff haha!

May 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a rolling luggage bag, simply because I am having a Csection and know they are going to want to keep me for 3 days

So, I have 3 days worth of clothes for me, DH and some things for baby. Plus, I am particular about my shampoo and am sensitive to body washes and toothpaste. So I am bringing my own of that too.

My hospital is 40 minutes from home, so both DH and I will be showering/sleeping there.

I will also pack snacks and stuff so we don't have to live out of the vending machine.

May 15th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Super Mommy
I have a bag about the size of a medium duffle bag....I have mostly comfy shorts and t-shirts, sports bras, underware, shampoo and conditioner, cream, tooth paste and tooth brush (travel size) hair brush and a few other things..I am having a c/s so I wanted to make sure I have enough things lol....Oh! I also packed an outfit or 2 for baby There are some things that I can't pack until the day of and thats my hair dryer, flip flops (because they are easier to slip on and off and GREAT for wearing in the hospital showers lol) and my bathrobe.
May 15th, 2013, 12:38 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm planning on bringing my weekender bag (about the size of a beach bag). I have a tiny travel hair dryer, travel size shampoo, and minimal makeup. I will probably just wear the hospital gowns so I will only need my going home clothes. DH is on his own for his bag but it will probably be just a small duffle. I'll bring my diaper bag with baby's going home outfit and room to shove some diapers in to take home.
sunnydaze likes this.
May 15th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YES courtney brings up a good point, make sure you have a big enough bag to swipe as much hospital goodies as possible!
TeresaV likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Rochelle
I think I'm going to do a duffle bag for mine and the other kids stuff/ DH's stuff and then the separate diaper bag. Trying to keep it light this time. I always have way too much stuff. And my boppy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search