Increase in movement?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 06:00 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What the heck? I thought movement was supposed to start slowing down toward the end. Little man has INCREASED his movement in the last 4 days. Sometimes he's awake and moving around for several hours at a time instead of being in shorter sleep/wake cycles. Last night he kicked and bopped and shimmied up a storm almost nonstop from 9 pm to 2 am. Pretty sure he finally slept thru the night or if he woke I was too exhausted to notice. But he has definitely been awake a lot longer lately and once he's awake he moves almost nonstop. My stomach looks like an alien trying to bust out and it makes me not only nauseous when he's so active but my stomach is soooo sore after like I did too many crunches.
DD never did this. Maybe its a boy thing? Anybody else having a huge increase of movement?

May 15th, 2013, 06:06 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. Anna would normally have a couple hours of what I called quiet time, then kick up for a short amount of time, and calm down for a long period of time again. She's been a LOT more active just in the last few days and especially at night and in the wee hours of the morning. Not only that, but she used to be very quiet from the time I woke up until after I ate breakfast and now she's been very active as soon as I'm awake in the morning. I thought the same thing - about how movement is supposed to slow down or at least not be as strong now, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now. It puts my mind at ease, though, since I'm not having to do a whole lot to do kick counts. Haha.

May 15th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
These babies are still moving like crazy!

May 15th, 2013, 06:22 AM
First time mommy :)
Yes my little man is doing the same. He keeps me up for hours at night too, and there's maybe one hour out of the day that he is quiet but that's it. I have watched my stomach morph into very unnatural shapes this last week.....and watched a foot pop up and do a little circle.
May 15th, 2013, 06:30 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here. Porter has been way more active in the last couple of weeks than he was before. He seems to be going almost all the time. And especially when I want to be asleep! It's like he's in a bounce house in there! Goodness.
May 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Same!! Little Arthur is moving like CRAZY! I keep waiting for this "slow down in movement" thing to happen, but I swear he's just as active, if not more. My doctor did say at an appointment where he had to chase him down for his heartbeat that boys tend to be more active than girls. So there's that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 15th, 2013, 06:48 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! The last couple of weeks she has been crazy, especially after I eat. I was kind of discouraged at first because I also heard they are supposed to slow down a bit before labor starts. I am showing exactly zero signs of impending labor. Patience is a virtue, so I've heard.

May 15th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep! Aidan is doing the exact same..

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 15th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. Alek used to have very definite sleep and wake cycles but now I swear he moves around more than he ever has.When I was pregnant with DD at this point I kept panicking everyday at this point because she was soooo lazy

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 15th, 2013, 08:40 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness I'm not the only one lol.

May 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Omg yes. She is everywhere. And they are not the most comfortable thing either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search