Freezer Meals

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rcjh12
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By mommyandwife08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone planning on making some freezer meals for when baby comes? What are you going to be making and when will you start (or have you already)?
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
May 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably not. DH does most of the cooking here, so I'm sure that will continue. That or I'll be using my Crock Pot more.

May 15th, 2013, 12:30 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I have big plans, but so far haven't done much of anything. I have been trying to make double batches of things as I go, and then just freezing half, and that seems to work better than planning out a day to cook just to freeze. I plan to make things like chili, spaghetti, lasagna, soups, burritos, etc. Things that can be heated back up easily and that I KNOW my DH and kiddos will eat.
mommyandwife08 likes this.
May 15th, 2013, 01:20 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't need to do that. DH and I both share the cooking usually but he's a much better cook than I am except for Italian I kick his butt on that lol. He did all the cooking during my first tri when I couldn't stand the smell of meat. He will do the cooking after lil man comes. He did after DD was born also and he is great at asking me what I'm craving or want and then he makes it. I'm pretty lucky.
mommyandwife08 likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 01:37 PM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I asked the hubs if he wanted me to start freezing meals so things would be easier, but he wants to just take over the cooking until I get back into the swing of things. He even suggested that we split the cooking up more evenly from then on. That was one of those "that's why I love you moments."
May 15th, 2013, 01:41 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well so far my list includes:

Baked ziti
Enchilada's (sauce and cheese separate)
Loaves of bread
Rolls
Chicken broth
Shredded chicken
Burgers (and buns)
Tomato sauce
Scones (savory and sweet)
Biscuits
pie (strawberry and apple)
cookies
Lasagna
pizza
calzones
banana bread
muffins
sliced veggies
breakfast burritos
shredded beef
tortillas
meatballs
pasta

I am planning on the first weekend in June being my freezer meal cooking weekend. Hopefully I will be able to get it all done.
rcjh12 likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
May 15th, 2013, 01:47 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My friend is hosting a freezer meal party in a few weeks that I think I'll go to. She sells food products that don't have preservatives and random crap, so she does these workshops to earn extra money. The food this time sounds really yummy and it would be really convenient. DH has never taken time off with babies and he's rarely home for dinner, so freezer meals will be a huge help
May 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to make a TON of freezer meals, but then I stopped at 1 so far. I have stuffed shells and homemade bread dough in the freezer. I think I might try to make one more meal, and then let DH do more of the cooking. Since his repertoire is mainly grilled cheese, pizza, quesadillas and cheese cake, I want to put some stuff in the freezer for variety. Then, my parents are coming out here for a week, adn my mom said she would cook for us, and she wants to make us some freezer meals for when they leave

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to. So far all I've done is lasagna.
May 15th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend is coming over this weekend to help me prepare a bunch. She is awesome and is also going to give me recipes she thinks will be good AND a complete shopping list I call her my chef friend bc she has a food blog, a recipe book and has appeared on local news stations for her cooking abilities.

Here is a link to her blog if anyone wants to check it out!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats

Last edited by crawmommy; May 15th, 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search