Hemrrhoids (spelling?)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KellBell2621
  • 1 Post By D&K's_mama
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 07:35 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so anyone have any remedies for these ugly bad boys?

I got one with my first pregnancy (I am VERY prone to them during pregnancy) and the dr kept saying the only way to rid them was to have them burned off or surgically cut off. I STILL have the one from my first pregnancy and now I am starting to get another from this....it hurts and it is very uncomfortable.

I am hoping to find some home remedies before talking to the dr about just doing something about them while she is down there cleaning me up/stitching me up, etc after delivery.

These are ONE thing I DESPISE about pregnancy

May 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Super Mommy
ugh hemorroids, they're awful! i deal with them a lot too. usually they're painless but they do flare up when i'm constipated. so i try to drink enough water and eat at least 1 apple or other fruit a day. however when they do get painful, i use witch hazel pads...i think the generic brand at target is like 3.99? and preparationH, again generic from target, maybe $6 or so? if they're super bad, then i'll also alternate between an ice pack and a heating pad. they lasted several days but between doing all that they went back down within 4-5 days i'd say. oh and i also started going for walks a lot, like 3x/week. staying active helps too
D&K's_mama likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 09:37 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I only get them after delivery but they always go away. I'm taking a herbal bath after birth a few times a day that is suppose to help with everything down there.

May 16th, 2013, 01:18 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the first time I've had them really. I know that tucks pads work really well. Also you can use witch hazel (double check with your doc that it's okay) to reduce them a lot. You can add a bottle of witch hazel to a thing of flushable or baby wipes and just use them when you wipe after a BM. You could probably just use cotton rounds soaked with witch hazel, too.
Here's a link
How to Use Witch Hazel to Reduce Hemorrhoids: 6 Steps - wikiHow

May 16th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I only get them after delivery but they always go away. I'm taking a herbal bath after birth a few times a day that is suppose to help with everything down there.
What herbal bath? I would be very interested in checking it out!

May 16th, 2013, 04:00 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine are horrific right now! The only thing that works for me are the witch hazel pads. I even put one on there and leave it@ nite while I sleep doesn't feel to grand but I see a huge difference in the swelling! Ive used alota the creams and they don't seem to do a thing.. mine just keep getting worse with each pregnancy... ugh
KellBell2621 likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 04:17 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is gross, but totally works. Put some Prep H on a Tucks pad, put it on your hemrhoids, and wear it around. I suggest a pad in your underwear, too, to catch the extra moisture from the Tucks pads. I had scary hemrhoids after DD was born. The drs and nurses all commented on how bad they were. I had them to a lesser degree pregnant ad I get them now, too. One of the midwives suggested the above and it was the only thing that helped at all. It got rid of the scary ones in a couple of weeks. Sitz baths also help, I'm told.
KellBell2621 likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I will have to get witch hazel and tucks...I had the tucks pads after my first delivery....these are just irritating and at times itchy

May 19th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Ok ladies....I feel I've tried everything but heat and ice....how do you apply that being hemorrhoids are between your cheeks lol?

Also on a terrible note....I've had 2 pop up in just the last day or so and I'm ready to just ask my dr Tuesday at my appt if she can "burn" them off...give it she can only do one at a time that's better than nothing. Right now it looks like I have 3 small ugly marbles in a row from my who ha to the back of my rear and they're painful

May 20th, 2013, 06:25 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had them too. They are just awful and i know will be terrible after birth! Thanks for starting this thread! !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search