decrease in movement?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rissa6213

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 10:38 AM
First time mommy :)
Debating whether or not to call my Dr's office on this. Baby was moving non stop up until yesterday. He is still moving, just not as strong and not as frequently. I have read that they can slow down before labor so hopefully that's the case. Has this happened to any of you ladies either in this pregnancy or previous pregnancies?
May 17th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed a decrease in movement today but yesterday he was actin a fool in there...

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Of course immediately after I post this he starts doing somersaults and ninja kicks!
Gen88 likes this.
May 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha. Anna does exactly that when I start getting worried! I'm glad he's moving around for ya. Must have just been a little extra tired.

Last edited by eshute; May 17th, 2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Updated.
May 17th, 2013, 10:59 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol that's normal. My lil man was insanely active for 5 days and yesterday and today he's moving around but it more lazy lol.

May 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Rochelle
Mine has been pretty active some days and other days very very calm. I think it's pretty normal for this stage as thy are growing so much and one grows in their sleep. It's hard not to worry though and I often nudge the baby to get a reaction so I know things are ok.
May 17th, 2013, 12:16 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have noticed just the opposite. She was so active last night I thought for sure she flipped on me. Luckily she didn't, but there were a couple of times I thought I was going to throw up from all the movement. Glad Baby's moving around for you now.

May 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would just check to confirm you are getting 10 kicks within 2 hours. My doc wants a call if at anytime she does not cooperate. I know we can feel like a fool for calling. My perinatologist (who I have received a discharge from) always says "we are open here at the hospital 24/7 365. We are here for you and your baby" If you ever don't get 10 in 2 hours I would definitely call.

May 17th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have noticed a significant amount of decreased movement, I can clearly tell she has completely run out of room and my Dr confirm it, she told me that she could tell as well that babygirl is pretty much out of room. I only feel small nudges here and there, I still feel enough nudges for me not to worry. I feel so bad that she's crammed in there lol I can't wait for her to come out so she can have all the room in the world...

May 17th, 2013, 06:11 PM
He's back to normal now. He must have just been tired this morning because he has been nonstop since I put up this post!
May 18th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Yep Zack was very active until a week and a half ago and then he got very quiet. OB said it could be from low fluid and the fact that their space is running out so they can't move as much. She said as long as I'm getting 8-10 movements (even if just a flutter) in an hour then I am ok.

May 18th, 2013, 07:11 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I wish baby no name would be calm.. He moved so hard the other day, his leg extended out of my side.. OUCH!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 18th, 2013, 08:09 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
My baby has really calmed down... no more crazy movements but mostly rolling around and sticking out feet and her little booty!

May 18th, 2013, 03:54 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine has chilled out a lot. I still feel regular movements but no more of the crazy spazz-out sessions. All I feel now are just big general movements, like she is rolling from side to side or readjusting herself. She has completely run out of room.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search