It's Sooooooo Hot

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 11:22 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure where everyone is located but here in the Dallas area (Texas)....it's been warm and humid. We are living with the in laws and their upstairs a/c unit hasn't worked for over a year. Well the insurance won't replace the unit so in laws have to dish out $4000 for a 3 ton unit. Our room alone is about 400-500 Square feet big and we had a window a/c unit that broke last winter and so to suffice until a/c gets fixed we have an industrial floor fan as well as a large floor a/c unit. Well with the temps close to 90* lately our room doesn't etc any cooler than 78* and today it got up to 86* just in our room. I'm miserable....I can't sleep...all day I've felt like passing out from heat exhaustion and just in the past hour I've thrown up all I think I can and TMI but have had diarrhea from being so hot. I'm chugging down a lot of water now to resupply my body and thinking of sleeping on the couch downstairs it's so hot upstairs......

I can't take this heat anymore .

And the a/c guy was supposed to be out here around 10:30am and never got here until 8pm And said he won't be able to do anything until Monday sometime .....omg really?!?!?

End of rant

May 17th, 2013, 11:29 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks! We're in TN and it gets pretty hot & miserable here. We've lived in our house for about 7 years now, I think, and have desperately needed insulation in the attic the entire time (somehow there really wasn't any!). Finally last week my husband and his friend spent 6 hours putting insulation in our attic. For the first time since I've lived here during the summer, I am not sweating. Our upstairs would get SO HOT and stuffy and completely miserable. The a/c couldn't keep up if it was more than 70-75 degrees outside and winters we would freeze! I knew I couldn't do it pregnant this summer and that we had to fix it or get it fixed because the baby's room was the hottest/coldest of them all.

Being hot sucks. And being hot pregnant is miserable. I really hope that you get some a/c soon!!
May 18th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I wish my husband understood that being hot and pregnant does NOT mix! He wanted to turn the air off last night and open the windows and I tried to explain that having a low of 67 wasn't going to cool the house down enough. I still woke up in sweat at had to turn on a fan. I'm about to check what temp he set the air on before bed...
May 18th, 2013, 06:38 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I turn off our ac every night.. I have a window fan, I run from 8pm -8am. draw in the cool air and then shut the window .. I will turn the ac on when I get home, only if it needs to be on.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
It is going on 11am and our a/c in our room is already reading 78* which means it will be another hot day. The in laws have a pool as well but it wasn't working last week....it needed to be cleaned, shocked and then the technology on it wasn't producing enough chlorine (even though it is a salt water pool) but then it started to produce TOO MUCH salt and so it was not safe to go in....I am hoping it is fixed so I can go soak in it! That would be so nice right now.

Here is the portable unit we got

Shop Idylis 13000-BTU Portable Air Conditioner at Lowes.com

and the picture

it says it is sufficient enough to cool a 550sq ft room and ours is about 400sq ft but it is not cooling it off.
The a/c guy will be back out Monday some time and I will be at work so hopefully that evening it wont be miserable.

May 18th, 2013, 12:39 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bless your heart! I'm in Texas as well and we have had over 100 degree weather for the last 3 days in a row. I've been freezing everyone in the house out because I just can't seem to cool down.

May 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM
and no one (but MIL because she has been pregnant before obviously) understands just how I feel...they all think I a whiny, complaining and being a big baby over it...no really I am hot. It is already 92* today and on top of that add about 4 people in a house with 98* body temps plus 4 dogs (god only knows their temps) plus a pregnant woman 30 lbs heavier than her normal weight.....I AM FLIPPING HOT!!!

May 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I am seriously thinking of jumping in the pool because it is already 89* outside and 85* in our bedroom. I would go downstairs where it is usually cooler but the repair men who are here today to install a new upstairs unit turned off the a/c downstairs as well.
The thing about jumping in the pool though is that it was shocked, cleaned and treated last week but then the salt levels were way too high (because it is a salt water pool with very little chlorine) and so I am not sure if it is safe to even go swimming in.
Ugh, I hope the a/c is fixed in the next hour or so...they have been out since about 10am (6 hrs)

May 20th, 2013, 03:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That sounds so miserable!! We only have one AC unit for our house, which is too big for only one unit. The girls' room and guest room get so hot in the summer. We have a large portable unit that we put in the girls' room and use only in the afternoon and early evening to try to cool it down.
May 20th, 2013, 04:01 PM
It is miserable. The weather is coming in so the sun went away and the A/C guys just left about 40 min ago and in that time, my portable unit in our bedroom has dropped 7* so that is a plus. But the a/c guys did say that until there is a return put in our room (where the air can be circulated, returned, etc) then it will still get hot up here. BLAH...not the news we want to hear after in laws just dished out about $4k on the new unit.....they did say if it still gets warm then they will com back and put a return vent in.....they better do that in the next couple weeks as I wont have all that racket going on while baby is sleeping. Not to mention destroying the nursery we have (that hasn't even started yet) .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search