Warning: Anxiety-Induced Rant

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 09:37 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I. Am. So. Done.

Being on relax-as-much-as-possible orders for the last 2 weeks has been hell. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday where we briefly discussed induction. Doc wants to induce me around 39 weeks due to high BP. I asked how that affects my chances of having to have a c-section. Doc said risks are increased (I knew that but I just wanted to see how doc answered the question...at least he was honest). So since then I've been stressed out beyond belief about the possibility of a c-section, and a delivery that is basically the opposite of everything I want.

Then last night a woman I work with sent me a text saying that her brother's girlfriend just lost their baby at 32 weeks due to placental abruption from high blood pressure and that I should be super careful. Of course that just sent me over the edge. Why she would tell me that knowing the issues I'm going through just sent me through the roof.

So for the last 2 nights I have been sleeping like crap because all of the worst-case-scenario stuff is going through my head. I got up this morning and checked my BP, and of course it's high. I knew it would be; I feel anxious. I don't normally have this falling-apart-at-the-seams feeling, and it really sucks. I tried venting to DH this morning, and while he tried his best to calm me down, he doesn't really understand how these things are affecting me.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I'm half tempted to just beg for an induction to get all of this over with. As of last week my cervix showed NO progress, so I feel like that would just put my risk of c-section even higher, but at this point my anxiety is out of control and I'm afraid that my blood pressure is just going to keep rising.

Thanks for listening. I feel better just getting that off of my chest to a bunch of wonderful women who understand. *end rant*

May 19th, 2013, 09:46 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First of all Teresa hun. Hugs hugs hugs hun. An induction isn't terrible if that's what you need to do to avoid a c section if that's your wishes. Secondly IF a c section is needed try to remember while it may not be your ideal birth there is NO shame in having a c section. Every birth is beautiful as long as you have a healthy baby in the end.
Also omg how horrible of your so called friend to even TELL you about that and raise your anxiety and blood pressure making matters worse. Can I smack her myself?
Try to breathe and calm down. I'm here if you need to talk or you can hit me up on FB if you just needto vent or calm down. Your 38 weeks so not at all bad if they have to induce you.
Kyla0709, crawmommy and Rissa6213 like this.

May 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm so sorry you are dealing with this anxiety! Yes induction raises your risk of c-section, but it doesn't always mean that you will end up with it. My sister was induced with 2of her kids and still avoided a c-section. Try to stay positive! We will do whatever it takes to make sure our babies are born healthy, so if a c-section is needed, it's not the end of the world. Can I smack your friend too? Her comment was totally unnecessary. Try to surround yourself with positive people the next few weeks. Read some happy birth stories.
May 19th, 2013, 12:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Your cervix will likely be more favorable as you get closer to 39 weeks too. Huge hugs Hun. I am thinking of you! And that was a mean spirited thing to do of your friend to do.

May 19th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Super Mommy
If it makes you feel any better, I've been induced twice, both times I started out with a fairly unfavorable cervix, I think 70% effaced at the very highest? But really I can't remember, and both times my labors ended in a successful vaginal delivery. As long as you're keeping an eye on your symptoms, there really should be no problems. Placental abruption is pretty uncommon, and usually only occurs in very severe cases. I know your constant worry, as this is the third time I've dealt with high BP in late pregnancy. Take lots of deep breaths and don't let people's stories worry you too much. If it makes you more comfortable to ask for an induction, you could always do that, there are non medicinal ways to induce your labor. I plan on talking to my OBs about using a foley bulb if it comes down to induction with me, which I'm sure it will.
May 19th, 2013, 04:31 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have anything to add other than I know how you feel. My sister keeps badgering me about it all because she had pre-e with my nephew. I'm tired of horror stories. I spend most of my day terrified, but just keep telling myself it'll all work out. *HUGS* You and baby are going to be just fine and no matter how you get there, that's all that matters. Just remember that. It might not be the birth plan you imagined, but the end goal is that you're both healthy.

May 19th, 2013, 05:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Sigh I hate that people are doing this to the both of you! It's ridiculous!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search