Anyone in Oklahoma?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 02:55 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Please check in!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 20th, 2013, 03:03 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I was just wondering the same! I have some friends and family down there ... heard from a few but not all. Scary stuff going on right now
May 20th, 2013, 03:21 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope Dallas tx here....we are about 40 or so min from tornados that hit last week though

May 20th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Rochelle
My ILs are there slightly east in Choctaw.

ETA: Called them and they're ok but had to go to the basement bc it was within 5 miles of their house and they STILL have golfball sized hail in their yard hours later. Crazy!

Last edited by 4hearts; May 20th, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
May 20th, 2013, 04:05 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
EF5 scary stuff

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All my family is in the OKC/Moore/Norman area. My immediate family lives about 15 minutes south of where the big tornado destroyed Moore. My family is ok but they spent several hours in the storm cellar yesterday and today. I have some extended family and lots of friends that I have not reached yet but lots of towers were destroyed so I'm holding out hope that I will be in touch with everyone soon.

From what I have gathered from the news channels up there and from what my parents have told me, the devastation is unreal. Two elementary schools were completely leveled with children still inside, hundreds of homes and businesses were leveled, even a local hospital was destroyed. It is densely populated area so I'm afraid the death toll will be high. Last I heard was 51 and still climbing. I remember in May of 1999, when i was living in OK, Moore/OKC got hit with an F5 tornado that destroyed the area and killed 35 and injured hundreds more. All the news channels in the area are saying the damage from this one is far worse than anything Oklahoma has seen in decades.

My heart is breaking for my friends, family, and the state/area that I love.

Last edited by ashleykathleen; May 20th, 2013 at 09:29 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search