Realluy antsy but really scared.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By bobbiejo1982
  • 4 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so antsy for the baby to come. I am also really scared. I know this is normal for FTM btu I am REALLY REALLY scared. I have never been hospitalize, never had an IV none of it. So new to hospitals even. Goign to my second half of birth class and get a tour tonight of the OB department anyways.

I know this is normal but it's hard for me to stay calm about this.
May 21st, 2013, 10:03 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am an anxious FTM too. I think it's perfectly normal. Don't stress about being stressed. Our bodies are built for this, and your hospital does this every day. Just trust your body. You will do great.

May 21st, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am needle phobic....I always ask for small numbing shots before they do the IV. That is my biggest issue.

The rest, you will do great. Your adrenaline kicks in and you will quit being scared....more like...determined.

May 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was a lot more worried with our first. I had great experiences. It has really made it easier. I hope you can have a great experience as well.

May 21st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Super Mommy
I'm anxious too, and this is my third! It's normal for everyone, I think. Your adrenaline really will kick in and you won't be so scared after a while. And if you get far enough along in your pregnancy, it's likely that being uncomfortable will be enough to override your anxiety and you'll do anything to get baby out.
overlinmommy17 and sunnydaze like this.
May 21st, 2013, 12:05 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I love all the encouragement thanks!
TeresaV likes this.
May 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I am as well a FTM....and very anxious. Also very similar to you, I have never been hospitalized or had an IV or anything of the sorts. Oddly enough though...I'm not really scared. I seem to be just going with the flow so far. Hang in there and remember all the amazing positive words of encouragement above. They already took the words right out of my mouth.

*Amanda*

May 21st, 2013, 12:56 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As a FTM I'm also super anxious. Terrified is more like it, but more so about actually being a mom than going into labor or any of the hospital stuff. I'm still in denial that I'm going to birth a little human being and bring her home with me and be responsible for her health and happiness. I told SO the other night that I feel almost like I'm going to go into the hospital, give birth, leave the baby there for someone else and come home to my normal life.

About the IV's and stuff, just make sure you're well hydrated before you go in - it helps keep your veins plump and easy for them to work with. It's going to sting, but not for long. And since you'll be in labor, I doubt you'll even notice it much after it's done. Remember - it's all temporary. You're going to do great!

May 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am so anxious and this is #4!!! Our bodies are amazing things and you will be surprised how amazing you feel after giving life to someone. Whether its a natural birth, an epi birth, a c/s you gave life to a tiny human. You grew them in your belly for 9 months and now you will watch them grow on the outside. Everything you were worried about before will seem like such a distant memory and your life will never be the same.

May 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is normal to be nervous. I am nervous also and this is my 3rd! When I was pregnant with my first, I was in the same position--I had never had an IV or anything and it was really scary. But you will do great

May 21st, 2013, 03:37 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I was the same way with my first. Aside from getting stitches in my knee when I was about 8, I'd never been hospitalized, had an IV, etc. But by the time I went into labor I was so focused on the baby/contractions/etc. that I didn't think the 'other stuff'. It helped that I had wonderful nurses that helped me to relax as much as possible.
May 21st, 2013, 06:51 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Hospitals scare me. I've always seen them as places that people don't generally leave alive..
May 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM
Veteran
I am anxious and really really scared too because I want to TRY to not ask for an epidural this time around.. with my daughter I wasn't scared at all honestly it was like let's do this and this time I am just a ball of nerves because I don't wanna chicken out and ask for an epidural because I don't really want anymore kids and I wanna know what the entire birthing process feels like so I can say I know.. weird maybe but... ya.. I am not gonna be upset. I don't have a strict birthing plan.. really don't have one at all. I just wanna bring the baby here safely. You will do great! xx
May 22nd, 2013, 06:53 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Being scared and anxious is definitely normal, no matter what number baby you're having. But once you get in there and you're actually having your baby, that will all go out the window. You will be so focused on what you have to do to have your baby and so excited about finally meeting face to face that little one who has been, up to now, an ultrasound pic, that you won't have time to be afraid. I think women tend to transform into super heroes when giving birth and any fear and anxiety goes right out the window. So no worries, ladies! We're all going to be amazing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search