Fluid levels

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Regular
I had my37 week appointment today with an ultrasound. Baby looks good, but my fluids are low. I have been having a lot more clear discharge the last couple days. My levels where 6.25. Doctor said that is kind of low and at 5 is when they would send me to be induced right away. Has anyone ever had any experience with low fluid levels?
May 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
There are several ladies who have had low fluid and hen a recheck shows it higher. Ok sure they will have some advice!

May 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Great question I am dealing with this too not sure what mine is at I will find out Thursday
May 21st, 2013, 11:21 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine keep going back and forth. They were low today, but she also said he had a full bladder.

Is she scheduling a recheck? Mine said at 6 she would take him, but I am already high risk, so she tends to be cautious.

Normal is 10-20 and low normal is 5-10 to give you a frame of reference.

Make sure you are drinking a lot of water, especially if it is hot where you live. Dehydration can cause levels to drop, too.

Kat.
May 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Regular
I am going back tomorrow for another ultrasound to check levels again. The doctor made it seem like a 6.25 was pretty low and from what I have researched the should be between 5-20 and when it's between 5-7 they talk about inducing. I was checked today for any leaking and she said there was none, but I have had so much clear disc hatch since last night.

She also told me that if baby isn't moving as much to count kicks. If I feel less than 6 in an hour to go to the hospital. That makes me nervous because he is not moving around as much, but I don't want to just rush off to the hospital right away, yet I don't want to just ignore it if my baby is not getting enough fluids.

I can't wait to hear if anyone else has experienced this with other pregnancies and can tell us what to expect or just share their experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
Mine keep going back and forth. They were low today, but she also said he had a full bladder.

Is she scheduling a recheck? Mine said at 6 she would take him, but I am already high risk, so she tends to be cautious.

Normal is 10-20 and low normal is 5-10 to give you a frame of reference.

Make sure you are drinking a lot of water, especially if it is hot where you live. Dehydration can cause levels to drop, too.

Kat.
Thank you! It is HOT here! I live in Arizona. I have been drinking tons of water and relaxing. I am goon back tomorrow for a recheck. She also told me that I should go to the hospital if I seem to be loosing more fluid or he is not moving as much. So, I guess I just need to relax and wait... Grrrr patience is not my strong suite right now
May 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She has told you exactly what my OB said. I would prepare to have an inducement tomorrow, just in case and if it goes back up, then hey you are that much closer to being ready when it is time.

If your OB really thought baby was in serious danger, then she would have induced you immediately, so keep that in mind. Don't stress too much. As far as I can tell, low fluid in this range is not optimal but baby should be fine. I believe Angie's got down to a 4 a couple of weeks ago and are back up to normal now.
May 21st, 2013, 11:50 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
i can relate, baby hasn't been moveing as much for me yesterday or today either and it makes me worried.

I hope your recheck goes good tmr KUP
May 21st, 2013, 02:07 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
My levels have gone from 4 to 9 to 7 to 14. I have it checked once a week. I've been told to drink lots of water, rest more and do kick counts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search