Ordered my new pump! Hygeia Q!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amazon.com: Hygeia EnJoye LBI Breast Pump with Black Tote Set: Baby

I currently own a Medela Pump n' Style Advanced and while it did its job I had a few issues with it. I didn't like how loud it was, I didn't like that milk would sometimes get in the tubes (though never in the pump, I popped the cover off every week to check the diaphragm), and I felt that the second stage was way too short. The Medela comes with a car charger but you need batteries for it and I never could remember to buy them.

This one is a hospital grade pump that people reviewed as being more quiet, it allows me to customize the second phase, AND it has an internal battery which will stay charged for 4 hours meaning that if I have to be away from the baby for long I can pump ANYWHERE. I'm very excited about that feature because we plan on keeping our date nights and this means I can pump in the car.

I am nervous about availability of parts. I can find Medela parts ANYWHERE but I've never seen Hygeia Q parts. Amazon will most likely have to be my source for additional valves.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 21st, 2013, 03:02 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I'm jealous ... I've heard amazing things about the hygeia and their customer service.
May 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, I have never heard of this brand. I need to get a pump still and I was going to get a Medela as that is what I have used before. Now, I may want to try this. I am going to need to pump a few times a day when I go back to work. Do you think this will hold up as well?

May 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am honestly lost as to which pump to buy. I know I need a double electric because I plan on going back to work in late July, but I cannot for the life of me decide which one is best.

May 21st, 2013, 04:49 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've never heard of that brand either, but hospital grade sounds like it will be nice. I had milk get into the tubes in my Medela too and I have no idea how that happened
May 21st, 2013, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would still recommend the medela to anyone, it got the job done and worked well for me. As soon as my milk comes in i'll pump and let you know how it compares. Make sure to call your insurance company to see what pumps they will cover.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search