My appointment (when I asked about the cramping)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 04:18 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an appointment today. I mentioned the cramps and tightening I have been having. She immediately asked if I was still working and I said "very much so" lol. She said she would rather I stop working. I said that was kinda hard for me right now as I am super busy at work but that I would do it if she really thought I had to. So she checked me and I was not dialating. So, she said I needed to stay home tomorrow and rest all day and then she was going to call in the afternoon to see if my cramps have stopped. She also did the strep test. She said if I wanted to work next week then I need to rest at all times I am not at work. I was very surprised by how cautious she was being because I thought the contractions/cramping were normal. She just said that if the baby was born now it was more likely she would need to be transferred to another hospital so we have to be safe.

Now I am wondering if I will end up being able to work until the last day of school June 12th. Ugh, it is actually very stressful for me to stay home right now as I am sooo super busy with my students.

May 21st, 2013, 04:49 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, did she say why she was so concerned about the cramping? My doctor said it is completely normal. That seems very dramatic without an explanation.

May 21st, 2013, 04:54 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Honestly I think she is being a bit dramatic. I can see if you were like 30 weeks or something, but at almost 36 weeks all this is pretty normal.
TeresaV likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 04:55 PM
I think just that she doesn't want me overdoing it just in case?

May 21st, 2013, 04:56 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How much time is left of school?

May 21st, 2013, 06:05 PM
The last day is June 12th.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search