Lets Discuss

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Surrogacy-

Could you ever do it? What type of surrogate would you be?

May 22nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's no way I could do surrogacy. By this point I feel like I have way too much invested (time, emotion, financial) to give up the child I am carrying. It's funny you bring this up, because DH and I watch the show Rules of Engagement and there is a surrogate on that show and she just had the baby on last night's episode. I was thinking how I couldn't possibly do it.

May 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could and I would. I've already told at least 4 people I would be a surrogate for them. My older sister, my best friend (Trey's godmother), one of my cousins and even my best friend from high school (who is actually pregnant naturally with her first kid)

May 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I could do it at all.

May 22nd, 2013, 11:15 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
not for me
May 22nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't think I could do it. Aside from the fact that I don't like being pregnant (which I think you probably should enjoy), i don't think I could handle the emotions that went along with it. If I had a sister or close female family member that could not have children herself I may consider it though. But since I don't, I certainly can't think of any situation where I would want to do it

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 22nd, 2013, 11:17 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my older sister once upon a time that I would do it for her because she was experiencing a lot of fertility troubles. That is the only person I could ever imagine being a surrogate for. I am off the hook though, she is 21 weeks pregnant with her first son right now

May 22nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could do it for one of my best friends or a family friend if that was the only way they could have kids.

May 22nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I could not. I could not give a puppy away. There is no way I could let go. I am not judging those who can. I just could not.

May 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have thought about it in the past. We have a friend who cannot have children, so that got me started thinking about it. I told DH and he said no way. He still remembers my PPD after Lily and he said he didn't want me dealing with that for someone else- stranger or friend.
May 22nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I've gone back and forth on this. I would like to think I could do it for someone I was close to, but I have doubts as well.
May 22nd, 2013, 01:08 PM
I think I could for a rally good friend but other than that I don't think I could do it. I think it's an amazing gift and admire others who can do it.

What about being a foster parent?

May 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I could be a foster parent, but only if our financial situation was better. We don't have room in our house or our budget for more kids.

May 22nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I will be honest and say that I am not cut out to be a foster parent.
May 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could never be a surrogate. I wish that I could say that I could be, but now having experienced a pregnancy...I couldn't give up a human being that lived inside me.

Being a foster parent is probably not something I could do, either.

May 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't be a surrogate. I do not like being pregnant, these stretch marks drive me nuts and are actually painful now like I can feel my skin ripping. The only thing I like about being pregnant is knowing my daughter is growing safe inside my belly. I could do foster parenting but I don't think so, I have no patience for other people's kids only mine lol like I could baby sit a friends kid for a day or two but after that I'm good lol

May 22nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I could ever be a surrogate. Maybe for one of my sisters if I was the only person they could get.
I do want to be foster parent at some point. We have been looking into it for years but the timing has not been right.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
May 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
We would someday like to be foster parents, Kyle is a foster child so its
Close to his heart.

May 22nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be a surrogate for my sister. DD has brought me so much joy and if my sister needed me to be a surrogate for her, there is not way I could deny her that joy. I would also consider for one good friend of mine, but she has a sister who would probably do it for her, so I think I would be off the hook there.

Fostering I go back and forth on. It definitely wouldn't be until my kids are older, but there are so many potential positives and negatives. The problem is that you never know what you're going to get. I have known people who have had wonderful experiences fostering and some with major horror stories, too. Tough call.

May 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Veteran
I could never be a surrogate. I just cannot stand being pregnant. I guess if I were the only hope for my sister, I would, but other than that, I just couldn't.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search