Breast pump help

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By rcjh12
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 2 Post By rcjh12
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By MerinSun

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Rochelle
Sooo thanks to you wonderful ladies talking about free breast pumps from your insurance providers, I investigated and found out that I too get this privilege. The one I have right now is in pieces and all over the place thanks to my exploding closet that I have yet to deal with AND it's several yrs old so I figure I might as well get a new free one.

Currently, there are 3 electric pumps available for order and I'm not sure which one is best. I thought maybe y'all could help me choose between them so I can hurry up and order one tonight when DH gets home.

I'll be using it mostly in the car using a power inverter in the cig lighter.

1) (Hygeia Enjoy) https://www.lucinacare.com/products_ins.php?pageid=he

2) (Phillips Avent Comfort) https://www.lucinacare.com/products_ins.php?pageid=pac

3) (Lansinoh Affinity Pro) https://www.lucinacare.com/products_ins.php?pageid=la

I was leaning towards #1 but would love any input.
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was up half the night last night researching pumps. I have been super stressed about it. I have read nothing but good things about the Hygeia. I have no experience in this area other than the countless reviews I have read about every freakin breast pump on the market.
4hearts likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I've never used it personally, but I've heard raves about the Hygeia pumps and their customer support. Plus, they seem to be closed system and can be used by multiple users, so have good resale value when you're done with them.

I had an Avent pump with my youngest that was absolute junk. That was almost 7 years ago, but it just did not work well at all.

The Lansinoh is what I ordered, because my insurance won't cover the Hygeia or even Medela or Ameda. =\
4hearts likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second the Avent being junk so I wouldn't go with that one.
4hearts likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Rochelle
Ok, I ordered the Hygeia. The only thing I wasn't impressed with is that my current pump has it so you can hold both pumps up with one handle and none of the 3 that my insurance offers has that. I like to pump two at once. Helps my milk come down better so I hope it's not too awkward.
May 23rd, 2013, 06:24 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Have you looking into a handsfree pumping bra?
4hearts and TeresaV like this.
May 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
That is awesome your insurance covers it, tricare does not! I too have heard great things about the hygeia.
4hearts and MommaMandaPanda89 like this.

May 23rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjh12 View Post
Have you looking into a handsfree pumping bra?

I just now did per your suggestion. That's pretty cool! I don't know if I'd spend the $35 only bc I'd be wearing it pretty much only in the car and I wouldn't want to wear that kind of a bra when I go out places bc I'd want to wear my nursing bra JIC I ended up needing to BF while out. If I pumped a lot more at home it would def be justifiable for me. That is a really cool bra though.

I wonder why not all pumps have the snap together with one handle feature. I find that odd.
Maybe I can invent a way to connect them myself.. duct tape or something (haha).
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I'm happy to hear your insurance covers this for you!!!

*Amanda*

May 23rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only wore the bra while pumping and put it in my bag afterwards. They hook in the front for ease of use. You can also make one pretty cheap.

http://www.breastfeeding-problems.co...mping-bra.html

I have done the elastic band thing and it works pretty well but sometimes it pops off. It's worth a try, though

Here are directions for a more high quality one:

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby...raconvert.html
4hearts likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Last edited by MerinSun; May 23rd, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
May 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have read that you can cut holes in an old nursing bra. I also saw someone mention something about hair ties? I didn't click the link because it wasn't info I needed at the time, but maybe Google it and you'll find it.
4hearts likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We must have cross-posted, lol. I put the links in my post above
TeresaV likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 23rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Rochelle
Both great suggestions, thanks! I may do that sports bra and/or old nursing bra thing and maybe just change my bra under my shirt and wear the nice new nursing bra at my destination..

The things us mom's go through!

ETA: oh wow, that elastic band thing is awersome! WIll def be trying that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search