lightheadedness

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Karen78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Is this a common occurrence late in pregnancy? I don't remember having it last time. But today I was in the bathroom and I got super lightheaded. I thought I was gonna pass out on the toilet! I had to lay on the floor in there for a few minutes while my son sat by my head playing with my phone. When I got up, I felt it again and made it to the bed but it didn't go away for another 10 minutes or so. I'm hydrated, didn't have caffeine this morning, and I ate breakfast....so I dunno what happened. I just hope it doesn't happen again!

Maybe baby Conrad was pushing on a certain blood vessel or something??

May 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh yes! I bent down at the grocery store to grab something off of the bottom shelf today and I thought for sure I was going to pass out. I got all clammy and lightheaded. It happened again when I was standing up at the checkout. I thought it was because my doctor upped my BP meds, but maybe it is a late pregnancy thing.

May 22nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been getting this for about 2 weeks now. It seems to be happening more and more. The doctor told me it was normal but to keep an eye on it. I was told it could be baby laying on a blood vessel or it could just be standing up to quickly or standing for to long. Maybe mention it at your next appointment just to make sure.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
May 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I've been getting this too! Not super often but definitely more and more than usual.
May 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
This is just a general pregnancy symptom for me. I've gotten it with each one and it sticks around the whole time.
May 22nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. Here, too. I haven't had it to the point that I've had to lay down, I usually just close my eyes and wait it out for a second. I've had to be really careful when I bend over, too. I thought maybe it was my blood pressure, but looks like it's pretty normal.

May 22nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This has happened to me a few times. It's usually in the morning, but a couple of times it was kind of random. I thought maybe it was my blood sugar being too low? Or maybe blood pressure? I can't even stand up when it happens. I get all dizzy and can't breathe. It usually goes away if I lay down. It hasn't happened enough for me to worry about it, but I have felt that way a few times throughout the pregnancy!
May 22nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Ok, at least I'm not the only one. I have an appt tomorrow so I'll mention it to my doc.
Gen88 and MamaSkunk like this.

May 22nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This happens to me all the time, too. Once, while riding the bus to work at 6am, I missed my stop because I almost passed out. Vision and hearing went out, my ears started ringing, and I got super nauseated and sweaty. That was the only time it's been really bad, and I had my blood pressure checked later that day and it was really low. Since then I get lightheaded at least once a day, but not to the point where I feel like I'm going to pass out. Still super annoying, though!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

May 22nd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a similar episode this Sarurday. I woke up and just Laying in bed, I felt dizzy. I thought maybe I needed fluids so when I got up, I felt like I had a really bad hangover without the headache. Horrible feeling! Lets us know what your doc says!
May 22nd, 2013, 09:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get like this frequently the only thing that helps is ice cold water & to sit down. Never happened while pregnant with dd.

May 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes it happen to me as well a week ago, I felt really light headed for a couple of minutes. So I'm guessing its normal at this stage, I have a Drs appointment tomorrow I'll ask him then about it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search