Nursing friendly clothes

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
What have you bought?
Where did you get items from?
Any recommendations for nursing friendly clothes that aren't labeled nursing?

I hate shopping so much I'll pretty much give up before I even get started.
I have a few spaghetti straps that are easy to pull down or up, which is my normal summer wear anyways, and a few sun and maxi dresses that will be okay for the first month or so pp but I'm really at a loss as to where to look. I'm not paying $25+ for a shirt and I can't seem to find anything online or in stores that doesn't seem outrageously priced. Maybe I'm just cheap?
May 23rd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tend to like a tank top. I was able to find a nursing one for like $10 at Macy's. I think Target also sells them online. Regular ones work as well. You just do not want anything that zips up the back (like a dress).

Gap tends to have a lot as well.

Nursing bras & tops: Bras and tops for nursing mothers at GapMaternity | Gap

The prices look a little high now. They are always offering huge % discounts though. Keep an eye out.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:05 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I never wore nursing clothes, just nursing bras and tanks. I always put a tank a under my shirt and nursed that way.. Nursing clothes are so ugly and so unattractive!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 23rd, 2013, 06:18 AM
Super Mommy
i have a couple nursing tops i bought at target ($20 each) and that was a bit high for me lol. otherwise, i just buy looser fitting shirts/tanks. i have a cover up from when i had my son so even if i dont have a nursing friendly top on i can still cover myself. you could always check amvets or goodwill (i bought a few maternity items there and just some regular oversized t's)
May 23rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just sticking up on tank tops. That's what I usually wear most during summer anyway but they are convenient for nursing too.

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 23rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I said this before in another thread but I mostly just use V neck tshirts or tank tops (and no I don't usually use a nursing bra either). It seems to be the easiest most convenient way to nurse, whether at home or out. Pretty much any shirt where exposing your breast isnt going to stretch the fabric TOO much is a great nursing shirt!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Im in need of new clothes in general so I will be shopping after baby is here.

May 23rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I purchased a couple of camis with the built in bra support from Target. Unlike most tank tops, the support piece in these seem more supportive than most. I have a couple of nursing bras, but I hate them. They just don't fit right. I ended up buying (also from Target) a bra made by Bali that is very stretchy and doesn't have an underwire. I think I may buy a couple more of those.

May 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a few nursing tanks from target but I think nursing bras are pointless until you have huge boobs & it necessary bc really you put a nursing bra on but ten a normal shirt and ten it defeats the purpose.
Anyway I bought a few maxi dresses that are v neck i can just pull my boob out of. I wait for them to go on sale like with targets daily deals bc I am REALLY cheap!
Here are a few I like.
Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys
Merona® Women's V-Neck Ruffle Maxi Dress - A... : Target I have this one in 2 different colors)

Merona® Women's Cascade Ruffle Bodice Dress ... : Target also have this one)

Mossimo® Women's Crossover V-neck Maxi Dress... : Target (this one would work good)

May 23rd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went shopping recently for cute new spring/summer clothes that are nursing friendly. I bought some button up sleeveless blouses, I also got lots of tank tops in all kinds of fun colors you know the ones with really thin straps that you usually wear as camisoles under sheer shirts, because those are so easy to just take off one strap and pull a boob out lol, the only thing I got was nursing bras, I got some great ones at Target i Definitely recommend them. I can only find the link to one of them, I dont see the other one online but it's from the same brand. I won't buy nursing tanks, they're too expensive for it just being a tank top.

Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys

May 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lane Bryant's camis are very stretchy at the top and they're what I always wore with a nursing bra. Perfect for underneath a thin shirt.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Good tips. I had asked my friend who breast fed if she invested a lot in nursing bras/tanks and she said no. It does seem like any kind of tank top or button down shirt would be easy to use.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search