Cool Story, Bro

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By sunnydaze
  • 2 Post By Rissa6213
  • 2 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have just about had it listening to other people - family, friends, and strangers - tell me all about their own birth stories and the horrific things that happened to them.

I DON'T CARE!

Not even a little bit. Most of your stories, you've told me like 5x in the last month and I STILL DON'T CARE.

I guess because I am pregnant, people feel the need to tell me all about their kids too....like I want to randomly hear you have a toddler and two teenagers...I don't care about that either, especially if you are a stranger. I'm just trying to buy myself some groceries lady, not hear about what you did with the placenta after birth!

I don't get it! I just don't!

Please, all you first time moms, don't turn into THAT person that feels the need to inform every pregnant woman you meet all about YOUR EXPERIENCE...unless of course....we ask!

(and I never will!)
Joanne Nicole and Rissa6213 like this.

May 23rd, 2013, 05:14 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I especially hate the negative birth stories from people. Why do they feel the need to scare the crap out of pregnant women?
May 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The whole negative birth stories thing really ticks me off. You've probably already asked me if this is my first and I've told you it is. WHY in the world would you tell me that you labored for 40 hours before your water broke and then another 14 hours after that, had an awful tear and you had to stay in the hospital because you wouldn't stop bleeding or because the doctor botched your stitches and you were just in too much pain?

See, another thing is..is one of these people is my older sister. She had pre-e at 28 weeks and had a c-section with my nephew and since has had my niece (whom she had GD with and had a c-section with as well). All she keeps telling me is that kids are hell. But her and her husband keep telling me to take the c-section right away if they'll let me. WTH? I've already told them that I'd really like to go natural, so why are you encouraging me to take a c-section without it being absolutely necessary? And the idea that kids are hell? Yeah, that's my sister for ya. Nice, right?

UGH.

May 23rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
First time mommy :)
This made me laugh because I feel the exact same way!!! Between the horrible birth stories and the "Oh you want to go into labor? Just eat white castle it worked with all 3 of my kids!" Type stories. Exactly, I don't know you and I just want to pump my gas!
crawmommy and sunnydaze like this.
May 23rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
it is like our giant pregnant bellies are sending signals out to strangers that say

"That girl right there wants to hear all my worldly advice on child birth, rearing, and labor....let me go inform her..."
eshute and Rissa6213 like this.

May 23rd, 2013, 09:09 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Well I want to tell you all about what I am going to do with my placenta so

I think I put off a dont talk to me about birth vibe seriously. Sorry people are irritating you ladies!

May 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol lindsey, I come here to listen about your pregnancy and the pregnancies of all these ladies. But I make the concious decision to log in and be here and click and open topics.

In the real world, I don't have the option to *x* out of some conversations. But ****, that would be nice!
crawmommy likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
No I am going to find you in real life to tell you all about it. It would be so fun.
sunnydaze likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, you mean like my co-worker who texted me last weekend to tell me that her brother's girlfriend lost their baby because she had high blood pressure? (I have high BP). Yeah, some people have no couth.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
Oh, you mean like my co-worker who texted me last weekend to tell me that her brother's girlfriend lost their baby because she had high blood pressure? (I have high BP). Yeah, some people have no couth.
TeresaV likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Super Mommy
I completly agree with you! When I was around 27 weeks a good friend of mine put on my facebook wall that a close friend of hers who was due the same time as me had JUST given birth......at home.....unexpectidly....acccidentily.....to a very premature baby! WHY OH WHY would she tell me THAT? Way to freak me OUT lol!
May 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we are exactly on the same page, Tania.

I get this all day everyday at work. Clients will see that I'm very obviously about to have a baby any day and they will start telling me what I need to do to throw myself into labor, what worked for them, how awful their labor was, how their daughter just finally had a baby after years of infertility issues, how their grandchild spent 3 weeks in nicu, etc.

All of these things might not bother me if it wasn't all freaking day long. Every single woman old enough to have had children already feels the need to tell me all this crap that I honestly have lost the patience to fake interest in.
sunnydaze likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had a magic muzzle for people like that!!

May 24th, 2013, 04:42 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
No I am going to find you in real life to tell you all about it. It would be so fun.
LOL!!
May 24th, 2013, 08:53 AM
First time mommy :)
Nothing was as bad as this woman in one of my classes this semester. She would ask me every week for an update on my pregnancy, and even if I just said "I'm doing good", it was like she was only asking me so she could open up a flood gate to just tell me all about all 3 of her pregnancies for 20 minutes. Drove me absolutely insane. I think by the time classes were over with I knew details of all of her labors, births, epidural stories, swollen feet, and the story of her baby shower. Like ok lady, because I'm sure my pregnancy is just going to go exactly the way yours did because all pregnancies are totally the same. She overheard me talking about breastfeeding to someone once and I said "I read that babies spit up less when they are breastfed", and she told me "Just make sure you have a bib!" Really, I wasn't talking to you, and thanks for that advice, I had no idea bibs were for babies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search